Monday Cuppa Joe 8.23.21

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"Life is a series of dogs"
George Carlin

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Everyone must have had a busy weekend if I'm first here! I hope you're all sleeping in peacefully. I woke up ten bajillion times last night.

Happy birthday to Carrie! I'm guessing the ring was her gift?
    Congrats, Lee!!! How awesome! We have Dd30's wedding on Saturday ... it will be a busy week.

This weekend was filled with grandbabies. We had J from Friday morning - Sunday afternoon, and Aly and Albert came over Saturday morning, too. So many hugs and silly songs and peek-a-boo and cuddles! Totally made my week. If you have time, check out my "story of J's first kiss" series on fb. It was so cute! I continue the story in pictures with short captions in the responses there.

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Doc - what a SPECTACULAR ceremony! Great pics!

Awwww - sounds like a great weekend for Grandma! Get some rest! yep- bling was her birthday....

Ugh - back pain is the worst. Hope you find some relief - SOON!

Took today/tomorrow off for morale days. I have to start burning off some leave or will lose it. Figured today and tomorrow are perfect pool days.

Hope all enjoy the week!
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

It really was a wonderful wedding. Very emotional for me since I took over my dad's job as officiant. I was supremely proud and happy for DS#1.

Good luck this week, Lisa. I know there is a lot of work in the preparation of wedding events.

So glad Carrie liked her gift and you all had a nice time for her birthday, Skip.

Still getting rain, but Henri was a bit of a bust as hurricanes go. I am thankful!

Dogs are happy to be home even after just two days away.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

Even a post-pandemic (or pandemic pause?) ceremony is pretty special, Lee. Great photo.

Getting very fall-like out here. It's 48 in Tumwater, this morning. The garden is slowing down, too. We have eaten our way through (or froze) all the zucchini and eggplant, and there are just a few cucumbers on the vine. Still getting lots of Asian long beans. We have a bumper crop of tomatoes that refuse to ripen. Maybe by the end of September. I think our yard is ill-suited to tomato production.

Three days until puppy time.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    jk6eee7m1bqc.png
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Started the day with the ROMEOs, HOA Finance Comm. mtg. at 11am and then going to GA Military College this afternoon to present some scholarships from our Veterans Club. A group of us are going to dinner afterwards.
    • Chesstur spells his name a little different than other Chesters. I bet he has his own personality too.
    • T-3 for a new pup in Tumwater.
    • Great photo of the renewly married couple in CT.
    • Speaking of CT. I hope you are doing well after the storm. The area of NC we were riding motorcycles in got hit hard with flooding from the last storm.
    • I hope my friends posterior in IN is returning to a normal color.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Hippo.

Heard about some serious flooding in Tennessee that took 40 lives.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Lee, great photos! How special I'm sure you did great and made your pops proud.

We had a marvelous few days vacation. We are on our way back, I have 3:30 hair appt, for wedding do, trial run. Off Tuesday too.

Kelly, sure hope youre ok and just need time to Heal!

Enjoy your friends Steph, bet company is nice, kinda probably can use a break only with eachother!

Enjoy pool time Skip

Caught the baby j story, so adorable that boy is!

What are dd1's wedding plans Lisa ? I bet you're busy busy!

I cant wait to hear how Daves gkids react to his new puppy!! How fun!

Dennis wheres the next HS Ride? Mechanic is having a tuff time figuring out Tom's bike issues, uugghh.Maybe oil pump or ??

Have a great day BBB!
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon

Terrific picture Lee!! I’m sure it was emotional. I would be a blubbering idiot if I had to marry off my kids.

Nice bling skip. Wowzer.

Just got home from chiropractor. Lower back hurts I made a call to the Indiana spine group. Hoping I can get in immediately!!

Wow. 3 days until chaos and no sleep hits turnwater.

Steph I bet it is nice to look at new faces with new stories.

Mary how many days until wedding?

Dennis and Sam how hot is it there? It’s miserable here in Indiana.

🦛. Definitely a hippo. I can’t see a rabbit at all.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    I've had a few beers - but I don't see a Rabbit OR a Hippo.

I do see a cloud with a big belly button.

I'll look again after a few more Miller Lites.....😂😂😂
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Thank you Skip. I didn't see no critters either.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I see two clouds
    Highs in 90's with high humidity heat index over 100
    Board of Equalization training all this week