September 28

Options

Replies

• bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,545 Member
    Options
    I don't use any apps other than the Nike Running App. It tracks my distances and speeds, but what I really like are the guided runs. They are very motivational, plus I have gotten a lot of good tips. It synchs to Spotify so I still have my playlist going at the same time.

Exercise: :)

For the first time in months, no cardio! I am trying to take my rest days seriously so I just went to the gym and did my weight circuit, and a random assortment of exercises at home. Hmm...just remembered I planned to do a flex video today, so better get at it.

Tracking: :)

Calories: :)

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I use MFP (obvi), Fitbit, MapMyWalk (because GPS on my fitbit disconnects frequently and I don't think it gets an accurate step count for distance when I'm pushing a stroller), and Libra for weight tracking. I have a couple workout apps that I don't use often enough, including Cubii app. Not sure it counts, but I also have Daylio which I use sometimes for mood tracking (mental health).
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Eh. Pizza and lava cake today. No exercise, violin ran long. Perhaps tomorrow.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,067 Member
    Options
    9/28
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? πŸ‘πŸ»
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? πŸ‘πŸ»
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? πŸ‘πŸ»

2 Pass Days Remaining
    Used #1 pass
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,108 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    September 28

Exercise βœ…
    Calories βœ… (91g protein & 32g fibre β€” a miracle has occurred!!!)
    Tracking βœ…

One pass day used on September 4th

I use the FitBit and MFP apps on my iPhone (and infrequently on my iPad). I use the free versions of each. I am regularly in multiple FitBit challenges with family and friends. I use my FitBit to track steps, swimming, and sleep. I use MFP to track my calories (in and out), micro- and macro-nutrients, and for accountability.

My FitBit is the Charge 2 which I chose for its ability to track water jogging when that was my primary cardio. It is aging, and I am preparing to replace it with something that will also serve well for tracking lane swimming. I may move from FitBit to best accomplish this.

I also use Happy Scale for weight tracking (which will become more useful when I move to weekly weighing). I use Calm for mindfulness meditation and to help with sleep.

I listen to audiobooks on my long walks which I download and play within Hoopla or Libby (depending on content availability). I use a silicone infused iPod Shuffle with waterproof earbuds and content downloaded through my itunes account on my MacBook Air for water jogging or swimming lengths.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes ... way under ... not hungry today for some reason
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    • Treadmill: 35 mins / 2.16 mi
    • After Dinner Walk: 25 mins / 1.44 mi
    Apple rings closed: 28/30
    Passes used: 3/3 (1sep) (4sep) (26sep)

I use the Apple Watch / Health app for exercise and the Health Mate app that goes with my Withings scale for weight monitoring. The scale/app also gives percents for body fat, muscle mass, bone density, body water and the ubiquitous BMI. I take these numbers with a grain of salt as they change frequently however there have been some trends in the last couple of months where it's showing a slight increase in bone mass (.3%). It never changed in the 2-3 years prior to that. It also shows a slight increase in muscle mass even during the time my weight stays in that same 4lb range. I'm taking it as a NSV of sorts.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Pass day again. Exercise was walking, sightseeing. Some hills involved as I'm in Wales. I made better food choices but didn't track/log, it would have been estimated anyway.
    I have a cheap fitness tracker which has its own app but doesn't link to MFP, so I manually add my exercise to my diary. I use Libra for weighing in for the trends.
    I have been thinking of trying mapmywalk/ride whatever, but most of my walking and cycling is local to my home so I don't really need it.
    Interesting to see what others are using.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,152 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, just over 100 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used - 1

Will definitely be in the Winners Circle again.. yay :)
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Sept 28
    Exercise - yes, 40 minutes walking, 20 minutes stretching
    Tracking - Yes, planned the day and followed the plan
    Calories - under
    Pass days - I think 9
    Definitely not winner's circle!

Catching up on 3 days right now. I didn't wake up early enough to have my computer time on Monday or Tuesday. I was still reading everyone's posts on my phone at odd moments during the day but didn't write my stuff.

I have had a good 3 days following my new 1200 calories a day plan. The planning what I am going to eat takes a little more work. I'd gotten pretty good at planning for 1400 calories and I usually could fit things in no problem the first try. Now I usually have to go back and take something out and that is kind of heartbreaking. But actually eating the meals, they are still satisfying and I am not overly hungry. I am careful to still eat the same volume of food and the same amount of protein. Just taking out the fatty extras like cheese (sob). It has resulted in finally losing weight! I think I may finish out the month 1 pound down from where I started, which would feel really good. I guess the ongoing question is if this calorie level feels really sustainable or if I want to just stop losing weight and maintain at this point. I am 25 pounds down from where I started but I wanted to lose another 10-20. Probably just 10 would be fine. What I'd really like is to lose a lot of my belly fat - not just for vanity reasons but because I know that's supposed to be very unhealthy. But I do know from prior weight loss that I have to get down to very low body fat to lose that fat - it's the last place I lose. So that may not be possible while living the life I want to live. Trying to figure out when I am done and ready for maintenance phase is trickier than I thought it would be. My original goal was to "bounce back" from pregnancy, but as my oldest is approaching 10 years it's hardly a bounce! And maybe not realistic or necessary to get all the way back to where I was when I am 10 years older.

As for apps, I use MFP. I have been tracking my weight in a google spreadsheet as well for a long time. I have a Withings scale that automatically sends my weight to MFP, so I don't usually check that app but it is working in the background. I do look at the Apple Health app that tracks my steps, which is kind of motivating. I'm usually 3k - 5k - definitely not much compared to the rest of you! I like All Trails for mapping my hikes and not getting lost - just bought a subscription to the pro version so I can download maps for when I will be out of cell range. A few weeks ago I went for a hike with my 5 year old out of cell range and got turned around a few times, so felt like it was a worthwhile investment. What else? I have a Facebook group with some friends for exercise check ins. I think that's it.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,033 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
    Awesome topic I'll jump on later as I dnt hve any good apps and need sum.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer - what a great question. I started a response yesterday and then got distracted and never finished.

@mshawski - I forgot all about that zombie app until you mentioned it. What a hoot.

I haven’t seen anyone mention the Spark app. I loaded the free trial last month but my time is up and I’m debating whether or not to start paying for it. I used it on vacation and checked off things to do and see. I earned a badge that I’ll be able to add to the lanyard part of my medal.
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,827 Member
    Options
    βœ…βœ…βœ… good on all counts yesterday.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    September 28

UAC goals
    βœ… Exercise 20+ minutes
    βœ… Calories within budget
    βœ… Tracked every detail I consumed
    Pass days used: 0/3

Additional challenges
    βœ… 3+ strength sessions in last 7 days (9/27, 9/25, 9/22)
    βœ… 17k+ steps (22,360 steps)
    βœ… 7 day avg. 7.5+ walking miles (7.6 miles)
    Additional challenges met: 21/28 days

Today's Activities
    πŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈ 70 min Morning Walk (4.01 miles)
    πŸšΆβ€β™‚οΈ 84 min Afternoon Walk (5.01 miles)
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    3xyes :)
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,986 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes

I use the Apple Watch/Fitness app. I focus mostly on completing circles vs steps. I set my own goal levels and if I complete my circles, I am in pretty good shape for the day. And the Sept monthly challenge for me is 7 miles a day.

I remember being intrigued when I saw my boss wearing an Apple watch a long time ago with the colorful fitness circles, I knew this was something I wanted. I am not sure why but the graphic appeals to me greatly. I also use their fitness program which I like but right now I wish I could have something more specific for motivating me to do individual push-ups which is a goal of mine.

I had been tracking my food in a different app outside of MFP but switched at the beginning of the month after @MadisonMolly2017 had posted she used MyNetDiary. I was curious, looked at it and liked it. It is just the opposite of the Apple circles. Instead of a circle, there is an outline of a brightly colored apple and the goal is not to exceed the outline of the apple. For whatever reason, I love this and it seems to give me extra motivation.

I also signed up again for Headspace. I had signed up last year after going through such a rough time. I was going to let it go but they offered me such a good deal, that I signed up for another year. I am striving to incorporate mindfulness and meditation into my overall health routine just as much as diet and exercise. This is a work in progress.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,696 Member
    Options
    Exercise-yea! Stationary bike and strength training
    Tracking and calories-yes!
    I use lose it, mFP, and Fitbit. Might be dropping lose it because not making any progress and just track on mfp