September 12

Options

Replies

• znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
    Walking and a lot of movement (lifting) at work later in the day setting up for an outdoor concert. I was pretty tired at the end of day.

Exercise is pretty much a given for me but I find the actual recording of information challenging. I typically eat known foods and calculate my calorie content throughout the day in my head. I record the info in the evening though I am working to get around this and be more proactive at recording in advance or as I eat them.

@Healthymumlife I really enjoy your beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    September 12

UAC goals
    ✅ Exercise 20+ minutes
    ✅ Calories within budget
    ✅ Tracked every detail I consumed
    Pass days used: 0/3

Additional challenges
    ✅ 3+ strength sessions in last 7 days (9/9, 9/7) I doubled up my 9/9 workout doing both Upper Body A and B together, so I did all 3 workouts for the week in only 2 days
    ✅ 17k+ steps (19,687 steps)
    ✅ 7 day avg. 7.5+ walking miles (8.7 miles)
    Additional challenges met: 12/12 days

Today's Activities
    🚶‍♂️ 130 min Morning Walk (6.91 miles)

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    @lesdarts180 - hugs to you. I could hear your pain in yesterday’s post.
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options

~~~9 / 12 /2021~~~ Waving Hi ~~ 🧚🏼 ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~~ 💖 ~~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 170 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 19,700+ ........140 m Walking .... 30 m house cleaning .....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12

• ashleymullo6195
    ashleymullo6195 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ashleymullo6195
    Excersize - no
    Under cal - yes
    Logged food - yes
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    89k8gggmibvn.jpeg

From my hike today

Oh my gosh! This looks like you were on top of the world! I love this picture! I'm sure it was a beautiful hike @clutterqueen !!
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,002 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Tracking everything I eat into MFP is the most difficult of the 3 rules for me to stick to, because sometimes it means approximating and that takes effort to do. That's why I decided to do UAC, to challenge myself to make a better effort at tracking. I've been trying to lose 5ish vanity pounds for so long now, and what it takes to do it is the discipline of tracking consistently!

Tracked - Yes
    Within calorie Budget - Yes
    Exercise - Yes - 20 minute walk

My Exercise this past week:
    Mon - 3.12 mile run
    Tues - 20 min weight machines, 2 mile run
    Wed - 3 mile run
    Thurs - 20 min walk and 35 min weight machines
    Fri - 7 mile run
    Sat - 30 min walk and 1 mile run
    Sun - 20 min walk

Babs - 5'3", 61 years old
    Sept 1 weight - 138.6
    Today's weight - 137.6
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @LazyBlondeChef Here is a “rule within a rule” that is the hardest for me: Track right away after any calorie intake.
    Today’s report…
    Exercise: more than 4 hours of walking ( but I only count 3 hours for calories output)
    Tracking: really good
    Calories: under my limit

Ive made a habit of doing this too..... tracking right away after any caloric intake.

And I've found that if I pre-plan and pre-log my day, then I can finiggle items around what hubby is making for supper that day and it's helped me to come in under my calorie goal SO MUCH MORE OFTEN! I'll do it either the night before, or early that morning while I'm eating breakfast. I've also found that mindfully and purposefully increasing my protein (currently I'm shooting for 100g/day) has SIGNIFICANTLY decreased my hunger throughout the day.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    SEPT 12

1/3 Pass Days Used
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited September 2021
    Options
    bookieNJ wrote: »
    The hardest for me is staying below calories and tracking dinner-because hubby makes dinner-I usually don’t know what it is-and I’m usually off to assisting with homework or being the mom taxi
    But big news for me-I met all three criteria yesterday!
    Exercised-1hour walk then ran for 20 minutes
    Stayed below calories-had like 200 to spare
    Tracked everything

@bookieNJ I'm in the same boat. Hubby makes dinner every night because he's retired and at home - and I'm still working! ;) I've gotten in the habit of asking him every morning what's for dinner so that I can enter it into my food diary and then work around that meal to figure out the rest of my day. Most of what I eat for breakfast, lunch and snacks are the same few things, so it's just a matter of copying/pasting. When I'm finished, if I'm "over" for the day, I can edit and lower the ounces/grams of items in my diary to make sure that I'm going to come in under for the day. The key for me was to learn to log it BEFORE I ate it!! Lol.

EXCITED that you met all 3 yesterday!! CONGRATS!!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    bradkcrew wrote: »
    Exercise: :):DB)
    Wow, I ran 7 miles this morning! (The all day rain and thunderstorms forecasted didn't materialize.) 4 weeks from today is the 15k!!!

Tracking: :)

Calories: :)

I know that this challenge isn't really focused on weight loss, but I have to mention that at today's weigh in I flew past the 50lb loss milestone and hit 52.2 lbs. Between that and the 7 mile run, what a great feeling of success!!!

IMPRESSIVE!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! ;) CONGRATS!!!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Congrats @bradkcrew just look at how far you have come already. You are already knocking on the door of a 15k run! And it gets easier as you shed the weight!
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    3xyes
    2 km walk and a lot of house work
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Feeling under the weather today so ate at maintenance instead of my calorie budget

✅ exercise
    ✅ tracking
    ❌ calories

That’s 3 passes used
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,006 Member
    Options
    Thank you @jamcnewman 🧡

It’s odd, I definitely don’t feel quite as good as I did a week ago (which was post pneumonia shot & pre-Covid #3.)

Hoping all will get back to normal!!!

Thanks again! 😄
  • Jillygirl0220
    Jillygirl0220 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    Pass day 4

Started off with good intentions, but somewhere just needed food and started grabbing what was convenient without caring enough to measure or even approximate for tracking. This weekend, I just didn't have the mental energy to track, but usually the most difficult for me is exercise.

Very honest brising86 - - I have so many of these moods that it's hard to keep track BUT this group is like an angel on my shoulder encouraging me to not give in (or up!) Hang in there! <3
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Sunday, September 12

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes, walk

Pass days to date - 3
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅