fitbit exercise/step calories not posting to mfp again today

Options
the day before yesterday, the calories did not post all day, then at midnight, they finally posted

yesterday it was fine, they posted all day

Today, again, nothing has posted.

I know MFP has stated that this is an ongoing problem, and they are not working on it to the exclusion of other "improvements". I get that not everyone uses an exercise tracker. But I don't care about setting calorie goals by meal, or other "improvements" if this isn't working. And it isn't. Sometimes I can get them to post by disconnecting my fitbit from mfp and reconnecting, but it doesn't always work. Obviously none of my settings have changed day to day. There's no rhyme or reason why some days they post and other days they don't and nothing from mfp to explain it.

Are others experiencing this (presumably others are) and are frustrated? I have the "premium" verion of both MFP and Fitbit, but all I really want is the basics. i log calories in on MFP and I want calories burned to post to MFP from the tracker.

Is this a fitbit issue or an MFP issue? I would switch trackers if one actually does this consistently and doesn't leave me rebooting my device or dis/re connecting it to try and get this basic function working consistently

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I think it's an MFP issue. I haven't been able to get my exercise calories and steps from my Fitbit to carry over without disconnecting and reconnecting for about 6 months. Now, they're not showing at all. MFP keeps saying that there is an issue that it will resolve. Glad I'm not paying for the premium version!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    the day before yesterday, the calories did not post all day, then at midnight, they finally posted

yesterday it was fine, they posted all day

Today, again, nothing has posted.

I know MFP has stated that this is an ongoing problem, and they are not working on it to the exclusion of other "improvements". I get that not everyone uses an exercise tracker. But I don't care about setting calorie goals by meal, or other "improvements" if this isn't working. And it isn't. Sometimes I can get them to post by disconnecting my fitbit from mfp and reconnecting, but it doesn't always work. Obviously none of my settings have changed day to day. There's no rhyme or reason why some days they post and other days they don't and nothing from mfp to explain it.

Are others experiencing this (presumably others are) and are frustrated? I have the "premium" verion of both MFP and Fitbit, but all I really want is the basics. i log calories in on MFP and I want calories burned to post to MFP from the tracker.

Is this a fitbit issue or an MFP issue? I would switch trackers if one actually does this consistently and doesn't leave me rebooting my device or dis/re connecting it to try and get this basic function working consistently

If there really isn't to the bolded (and they say in their own update that is true) - that's what makes it so frustratingly difficult to find an issue.

If the right front corner of your car makes a noise every time you turn sharp left - you got something to go on pretty specific.

If there is a vague noise from the back of the car on some potholes or bumps but not others and you can't get it to do it with mechanic in the car and no amount of bouncing the rear of car causes it - now you got something difficult to address.

The latter is the situation where if you press the matter and are willing - you'll be paying for random things to be replaced "just to see" if that was it.

Replacing code just to see is rather worse though.
  • GretelGSD
    GretelGSD Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a Luxe and it's not syncing today.