Weight No More - Team Chat SEPTEMBER 2021

minstrelofsarcasm
minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
edited September 2021 in Social Groups
1705f69305d08d542cd0c4f37ab51f14.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for September 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shrinking Assets - @Beka3695 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @TheresaM787 and @Poobah1972
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @trooworld
Trimstones - @angmarie28
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Welcome new members! I’m glad to have you join us. I’m Rachel, team motivator. I’ve lost 55 pounds since January 1st of this year. I’m currently working on maintenance and dropping ten more pounds. Those last ten pounds are seeming/feeling impossible to lose here lately due to the stress of my two teaching jobs and raising two teenagers. I plan to use next week to refocus and reenergize as our school district closed schools down for a week due to so many Covid cases among students and teachers.
    I hope to get over this hump of craving and eating sugary desserts. I’m looking forward to the month of September no sugar challenge on here.
    Good luck everyone with your goals and remember: q5m4an82b4vu.jpeg
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    My name is Patsy. I have been here for a few years and have learned a lot from all the members. This is a great group to lose with! I joined MFP with the intention of losing about 20 pounds and succeeded with the first 5 or so, then in March 2020 - yes just before Covid shut everything down - was diagnosed with liver cancer and advised to maintain for the duration of treatments. The first four months I was on chemo and I was hungry all the time. I ate more than ever before and my energy increased so I was always moving. Anyway, the chemo stabilized the cancer but no progress toward shrinking it. I started on Keytruda (you've probably seen the commercials on TV) at the end of July and the tumor has died in place! Next scan is scheduled for August 17. They are watching the lymph nodes which are slightly swollen - a side effect of the Keytruda. The end is in sight and I can get back to losing those 15 - 20 pounds.
    I am 68, married 51 years (end of August) and we have two grown children and two teenage grandchildren. I was skinny as a child and could eat anything and did. I weighed 99 pounds when I got pregnant the first time and again the second time. I only kept 5 of those pounds after that. I slowly gained weight through my 20s and 30s while being very active taking care of my kids. Then I got an office job and sitting at a desk eating nuts and drinking Coke everyday was the trigger for weight gain though it was very slow and the doctors told me not to worry. My highest weight was 179 about four years ago. I was at 167 when I found this group in November 2018 and my lowest was 156 sometime last year. I have been doing exercises classes online with Silver Sneakers one to three times a week for a couple months. They have several kinds of exercises and different levels so something for everyone. I have not been into exercising on a regular basis before this and find it fun and a good way to get myself motivated.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning Fat2Fit team members! :)
    Here is the new habit tracker for this month. Just click the link and follow the instructions. SEPTEMBER HABIT TRACKER
    ivmitztuzg4d.jpg
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    edited August 2021
    geahx7749do1.jpeg

Hi everyone. I’m Theresa and I live in downtown Toronto, Canada.

I used to be a much more active participant before I took a break in January when my mother was in her last months of life. I had also launched a new business and became chair of a professional association that month.

A few months ago, I returned as a much less active team member and appreciate being accountable to weigh in and knowing you are all here working on similar goals.

About me
    I launched a business called Ancestree Detectives, which was in the works for a year and a half before that. It’s an on-demand service for DIY family historians to hire professional genealogists for as few as 30 minutes. Most of our clients have been booking big projects. We have six genealogists now.

I have two grown children. My daughter Elisabeth lives nearby and now far away too, with her partner, Jake. I say far away too because for the next five years they will have two homes. One here where my daughter has a boutique ad agency, and the other four hours away where Jake is starting his PhD next week. My son Phil lives in a small town an hour away with his wife, Katie, and two children. Pippa is four and Gilbert is two. I have a Havanese dog named Xavy.

It seems like everyone is going back to school on September 7th! Jake, as I mentioned above, Pippa who's starting JK, Gilbert who's starting nursery school, and my son who's going back to college.

My weight story
    As a child, I was a healthy weight, except one summer when my next door neighbour looked after us. She was my best friend's grandmother and fed us so, so much. My mother was a registered nurse and I realize now, taught us sound nutritional habits for the time, but unfortunately poor body image values, including body shaming. When my children were small, I was very slim, about 120 lbs, probably from chasing them around. In my forties I was at my ideal weight, a toned 142 lbs.

Four years ago, when my granddaughter was born, I saw a photo and didn’t recognize myself. I did look like a happy nana and I’m sure I was comfy to hug, but I want to live to be a strong, healthy, little old lady.

In January 2018, I weighed 177.4 lbs with a goal of a toned 142 lbs. I’ve reset this to a toned 145 lbs because I when I was at 145 lbs and toned about a year ago, I found that it was perfect for me. During the trying times of last winter, I went back up in weight to about 152 lbs, so it's a bit of a maintenance and body composition situation from here on in.

The present
    I’m generally healthy though was diagnosed with Meniere’s Disease over the past two years. Some of the symptoms, particularly vertigo, aren’t great for exercise but I’m persistent. It accounts for some of my slow or fluctuating progress, but I’m now on medication that reduces the severity of the vertigo, ear pressure, and tinnitus. It won’t reverse the hearing loss but I am okay with that.

In August I had a bunch of tests. My resting heart rate and blood pressure have been low all my life. I guess at my age now, the doctors have finally figured out that I'm not an Olympic athlete and should maybe look into it. So, I've had three heart tests, and walked around with a Holter monitor last week. I'm still trying to get the adhesive off. Also, I dislocated a bone in my foot and had several X-rays and a CT scan. In this case, I'm glad they think I'm so athletic because I've been referred to a sports medicine physician, which feels so much more athletic than a senior moment.

My September goals
    • Log food and water five days a week
    • Eat intuitively the other two days
    • Walk, cycle, garden and try to make everyday activities into meaningful workouts
    • Do HIIT four days a week
    • Stretch before and after every workout

My stats
    • Highest weight: 177.4 lbs
    • Lowest weight: 6 lbs 11 ounces (I took that joke from Ashley)
    • Lowest weight as an adult: 117 lbs (when my children were toddlers, they were super active)
    • Weight now: 148.6
    • Goal: 145 and toned

Welcome to everyone new! Thanks again to the rest of you for being a big support.
  • SusanofRockwood
    SusanofRockwood Posts: 122 Member
    Hi fellow Waist-aways. 8 years ago I joined MFP and lost 30 lbs. Over the past 3-4 years some of the weight crept back but things reached a head recently and I am back to 152 lbs from a high of 172 (165 lb when I joined MFP) and a low of 135. I am most comfortable in my body somewhere between 140-145 so that is my goal for this group.
    I have 3 grown children-the youngest is off to university next Weekend. I am sad, I am stressed and I am feeling adrift. I am glad to meet you and join you here in this lovely, safe space.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    September Week 1 Challenge is UP! Pick your measurable daily goals and hit them every day! Consistency rules -

2i19mtdo1sfv.png

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10842309/september-2021-week-1-consistency-101-challenge/p1?new=1
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,891 Member
    Hi fellow Waist-aways. 8 years ago I joined MFP and lost 30 lbs. Over the past 3-4 years some of the weight crept back but things reached a head recently and I am back to 152 lbs from a high of 172 (165 lb when I joined MFP) and a low of 135. I am most comfortable in my body somewhere between 140-145 so that is my goal for this group.
    I have 3 grown children-the youngest is off to university next Weekend. I am sad, I am stressed and I am feeling adrift. I am glad to meet you and join you here in this lovely, safe space.

Hello @SusanofRockwood !
    I see that you are here on Team WeightNoMore but you mention Team WaistAways! At the moment, you are registered with WeightNoMore, but if you have a strong desire to be with WaistAways, please just say so and you can switch! If not, you are of course more than welcome to stay with the ever-awesome WeightNoMore people. Either team is a wonderful safe space to hang out. We are all so glad you are here :heart:
  • SusanofRockwood
    SusanofRockwood Posts: 122 Member
    Oh dear-I just got the names muddled I was placed here-faux pas day one! All sentiments are sincere even if I get the names mixed up!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Pw 122 ( I think)
    CW - 122
    Steps
    Sun- -11,298
    Mon - 10,168
    Tues- 13,249
    Wed- 13,448
    Thurs- 10,063
    Fri- 17,263
    Sat- 16,631
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Steps..

Sun- 11,474
    Mon- 8,922
    Tues- 14,618
    Wed- 11,090
    Thurs- 10,023
    Fri- 13,855
    Sat- 6,760
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Steps this past week:

Sun- 5,519
    Mon- 500
    Tues- 7,025
    Wed- 1,200
    Thurs- 5385
    Fri- 1,000
    Sat- 5,465

You can't t beat that for consistent inconsistency...I'm not sure the step counter is working properly as I walked ~3.8 miles this am but it says I only walked ~60 mins...I DO NOT walk that fast. Maybe pre-broken foot on a treadmill, pushing it...but not in 5+ years...

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    steps
    Sun 5148 - 1.8 miles
    Mon 3999 - 1.5
    Tue 4645 - 1.6
    Wed 5653 - 2
    Thu 5475 - 1.9
    Fri 4514 - 1.6
    Sat - 10681 - 3.6

I think that's the first time in a very long time I walked more than 10,000 in a day. We did a 1 mile hike at Morrow Mountain State Park in North Carolina and then a little more walking seeing the other sites there. And yes, it was 90+ degrees with high humidity. Back home today.
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Twyla77
    Weigh In Day: Sunday Aug 29
    Previous Weight: 147.4
    Today’s Weight: 145.9
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello Fat2Fit Team Members!! :)

Do you eat too much sugar? Is sugar hindering your weight loss and health goals? Could sugar be a real addiction for you as it is for so many? Or would you just like to learn how to moderate your sugar intake a bit more? Then this challenge is for you!! Join today our 30-DAY QUIT SUGAR CHALLENGE and take the pledge for the next 30 days to reduce or eliminate your intake of refined and added sugars.
    35migk92qe49.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited August 2021
    AND WITH THAT, WE'VE COMPLETED THE LAST WEEK OF AUGUST
    winners-2020.png

ql92ag2hn24v.png

vjsciew4fo44.png

OUR WINNING TEAMS

By Percent
    yj04nhrgzosb.png

By Pounds
    62g8k8n91rb5.png

OUR WINNING MEMBERS

By Percent
    95zb78owthin.png

By Pounds
    62ax9j350lm4.png

ti600kvgssyn.png

YOUR TEAM'S BIGGEST LOSERS (WINNERS)
    uubmivslytxr.png
  • Stud47
    Stud47 Posts: 389 Member
    edited August 2021
    Hi new month new start :smile:

Stud47
    Saturday
    SW : 190 lbs
    September SW: 176.36 lbs
    PW : 176.36 lbs
    CW: coming on saturday

Week loss :
    Total weight loss :

• minstrelofsarcasm
    Happy New Month, Everybody! So happy to see all the new faces in the chat (and the old ones too, not that I'm calling anyone old, I swear)!

I am minstrelofsarcasm, also known as Minstrel, also known as Ashley, also known as "that sweaty girl in the corner"... I am one of the co-captains along with the ever-marvelous @melaniedscott . My role here is to provide some real talk, some good motivation, and a few too many jokes about stress eating for anyone's comfort levels. I have also recently stepped up into the role of moderator for the entire Fat2Fit community, so you'll be seeing a lot from me (sorry, not sorry).

The Basics:

I am 26 and currently living in Ohio. I work as a combustion engineer for an industrial manufacturing company (I set things on fire for money). I am fascinated by all facets of science, whether that be nuclear physics, nutrition, geology (I hear it rocks), chemistry, etc. Feel free to ask any of your questions when it comes to the science of things. I can't guarantee I'll know the answer, but I can definitely figure it out and provide an answer in a way that's (hopefully) understandable.

Why I am Here:

I love numbers, and when I discovered that I could get healthier (as my doctor told me I absolutely had to do) by keeping track of numbers, I signed up for MFP. My original weight was 8lbs 2oz, and while I don't think I'll ever make it quite that low ever again, my goal is to never be above my highest weight of 234 (September 2014).

Despite having joined this wonderful community, I didn't take my weight loss or my health seriously until after I graduated college in May 2017 and was told by a different doctor that my eating and (lack of) exercise habits put me on the road to diabetes. I'll admit, I was terrified. I grew up with a diabetic parent who took no actions towards improving their health to reduce their dependence on insulin and is now facing some very serious health complications. I didn't want that to happen to me - I wouldn't want to put anyone through having to worry about me in the same way I worried about them.

So I searched "gym" on Google Maps, and signed up for a free class with the first place that popped up in the results, a spin studio. Since July 1st, 2017, I have completed over 880 spin classes. I guess you can say they hooked me.

In other news, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in December 2019 after an arduous journey from doctor to doctor, through several misdiagnoses (why is it that the first thing a doctor will suggest is anxiety if you're female and show emotion in the doctor's office?), 14 vials of blood drawn for blood tests, 3 weeks of being unable to consistently feel the left side of my body, 2 MRIs, 1 spinal tap, and a partridge in a pear tree. I could go into a long rant about everything, and I have, but there's no need to fill my introduction with things I've written time and time again (I'll post a link to my blog, for those of you interested in my madness - and yes, I'll be updating it soon, I promise).

In Summary:

Since joining MFP, I have lost over 70 lbs, regained about 15 while on a three-month business trip in France (wine and cheese is my weakness), lost 5 of them, gained 5 of them, maintained throughout 2020, yo-yo'ed for the first few months of 2021, and here I stand (sit) at 170 lbs, a good 64 net lbs lost. I don't have a goal weight anymore, since BMI was developed by a mathematician and not a doctor, and as long as I feel healthy, I can weigh whatever I want (somewhere in the 150's sounds pretty good right now, but I guess we'll see).

As for exercising, I still have a membership to the spin studio, but I also do regular functional training HIIT classes to build up some resistance training on top of my strong cardio regimen. I'm aiming to hit my 1000th spin class by my birthday at the end of August. I'm a bit behind my weekly quota, but I have faith I'll be able to work something out.

If you want to know more about me, or my journey, feel free to ask questions, or you can find my blog here: LINK

Blog posts I’m especially proud of:
    • Creating a Sense of Accountability - This is my first blog post ever, and I’ve grown a lot since then, but so many of the same factors are still present in my life
    • Timeline of a Post Vacation Bloat - Follow how my weight fluctuates throughout the week after my return from a short vacation, and the factors that I believe played a role in each shift
    • BMI is BS - I essentially wrote a history lesson on BMI and why you shouldn’t base your self worth on it. Most likely, your BMI is misrepresenting you.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you even more as we work our way through the month. Expect the step awards post to be written tomorrow.
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Happy Monday! Welcome to all the new folks. I was new last month and this is a great community.

Ally
    LW (8/16): 294.4
    CW: 290.6 (-3.8)

I missed last week's weigh-in due to travel. I didn't have a scale and was eating out every meal but was able to work out and log every single thing I ate. Feeling pretty good about where I am!
This discussion has been closed.