Steps:
    9/11: 6,833
    9/12: 5,478
    9/13: 5,818
    9/14: 12,088
    9/15: 11,149
    9/16: 10,612
    9/17: 10,330

Friday night was my pre-birthday dinner celebration with some family and friends at the cutest little French restaurant we go to every year. I ate all the bread, cheese, and escargot I could get my hands on, and drank all the wine. My dinner was beef Wellington and potatoes au gratin - so delicious. But, I made sure to stop myself before I was stuffed because I knew dessert was on its way. It was the most delicious chocolate mousse: my favorite!

Saturday was my actual birthday - I spent it with family, and it was great. 4 of us did the hot sauce challenge. It was really fun. Some of them were hot, but really tasty, and others were just hot and awful. If you watch “Hot Ones” on YouTube (the show where celebrities eat hot wings and answer questions), there’s one called “Da Bomb” that everyone hates, and now I know why. It’s SOOOOO HOT with a terrible taste. All 4 of us had tears streaming down our faces, and drank 3 or 4 glasses of whole milk each. 3/4 of us stopped after that one. We then had wine, cake, and ice cream; so it all worked out lol.

Sunday, a friend and I went to see Hamilton. It was A. MAZING. The performers did an incredible job, and we were happily singing along. We went to dinner beforehand, and just had a couple of appetizers as our meal. It was delicious. Such a fun night!

Fortunately I was able to work a lot of that off because this week (and next) we are doing dissections. That means I’m running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to help each group, and make sure they don’t hurt themselves. It’s so fun, but stressful, and exhausting at the same time.

Hopefully my weight will come back down over the next couple of weeks as my diet gets back to normal.

I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great week!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Me bad... Forgot to post my friday night workout yesterday...

Fantastic Friday!!! 😎👍

Hey guys, it was a rest day this morning and I kept pretty busy at work. I swear I wasn't down in the dumps or anything like that. I just kept really busy at work, and took the entire day of Social Media. A couple Peep's were concerned and checked in on my and Lynn (Thank you), but seriously. It was a pretty good day today. Weather has been fantastic. Too bad I was in the office all day and missed the whole dang thing.

Anywhoo... Only the morning was a rest day. After work it was "LEG DAY!!!" 😬😲🤒😐😜

So, my legs were feeling almost completely healed today... But things didn't quite go as expected. Something is up and I could use some expert insight on this one (Banjo? or Banjo's Daughter?)... 😆😀

I started the day off with Trap Bar Deadlifts and did 300LB's for 5 reps.... Second set the same darn thing happened that happened last Saturday on the third set... I COULD NOT DO A SINGLE REP in the Second Set 😠... I tried 3 times (I mean really tried... like GROAN!!! 😡 ) and each time the weight raised about 6" or so, and I couldn't get it a millimeter higher... I was done. I was a little miffed and not at all pleased for a few moments... But Lynn encouraged me to drop it down to 280 and try again. So, after I took a moment to rest. I did 280 for 5 reps and then again 5 more reps in the 3rd set. 😆 Over all I was now happy again. lol 😀🥳

So, what are your thoughts on what's happening here? In my mind I'm thinking my lower back might be working close to its maximum effort and when I was fresh, I could get past that sticking point and have a decent first set. But then once I've tuckered it out, it just doesn't have the Umpf to get past that certain point about 6-8 inches off the ground? I think it's my lower back, because I can definitely feel it, not to the point I walk around with a sore back or anything though. Anywhoo, I'm going to try 290 next week and see how it goes. I've also added something to the final superset of the day in an effort to hit the lower back even more.

So other than that, I would say Leg Extensions are getting stronger more controlled at 170LB, Leg curls moved up to 110 pounds, and as mentioned just moments ago... The last 2 sets of the day is a Super Set of....

245lb Trap Bar Shrugs x 15 / Calf Raises x 15 / Band Good Mornings x 15

The change being the addition of Good mornings, using the Black Rubber band chocked up almost to the max for max difficulty.. In fact, I need to go to the biggest band I have next week (The Purple). All in all, the superset at the very least gets the heart a beating! 🙂

Now something really important guys... We made a Canadian for Supper tonight... Is that weird? In Canada a Pizza with Mushrooms, Bacon and Pepperoni is called a Canadian. 🍁🥰

But then I had to wonder, they can't call it a Canadian anywhere else can they? (They as in the world.) So the question is, have you heard of a Canadian Pizza before? What do you call a pizza with Pepperoni, Bacon and Mushrooms (Sauce and Mozzarella is also on the pizza) in your county? Inquiring minds want to know. 😋

Good night guys! Much Love from Canada! 🤗🤗🤗🥰😘

acqxrrc9fl0m.jpg

As for Saturday... it will be a busy day which will include tarping in the Back Deck and Gazebo... So may or may not get enough time for a walk today. Got get my *kitten* out the door right now and get the shopping done. ;)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Have a wonderful weekend.

Welcome back linda. Thank you for stepping up megan.

Check in for 9/17:
    Steps - 13030. Nice long walk.
    Calories - 1827. Under but don't breathe. Leftovers at lunch hurt.
    Exercise. 4.8 mile walk in my new shoes. Foot has been very sore since. I found out tonight my sister and brother both had foot problems with sketchers shoes. Sore at the base of the big toe like me. I may try to return for different brand tomorrow.

Thanks Roger and You are welcome ....I had the same problem with sketchers ... I also have a screw in my foot due to having many stress fractures.. I bought a pair of New Balance and no more sore feet
  • mthomas0228
    mthomas0228 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Username: mthomas0228
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 180.9
    CW: 183.3

Super over calories yesterday, caused this big spike up on the scale today. Not really making any progress, just yo-yo-ing. No hugs needed, I just need to get my act together and make this a priority.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    9/15 Steps = 8,533
    9/16 Steps = 2,719
    9/17 Steps = 2,414
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys I thought I posted!

I've been suffering with some swelling in my legs- I worked 2 8-hour shifts in a row so my poor leggies were suffering but hopefully it'll come off some this week

Littleflutterby
    cw- 294.6
    Not sure what my pw was but I think that's a good few lb gain -_-
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Username: mthomas0228
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 180.9
    CW: 183.3

Super over calories yesterday, caused this big spike up on the scale today. Not really making any progress, just yo-yo-ing. No hugs needed, I just need to get my act together and make this a priority.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    9/15 Steps = 8,533
    9/16 Steps = 2,719
    9/17 Steps = 2,414

Have you set some goals to get things going? I know when I got stuck awhile back I set just one goal and focused on that. If you feel comfortable you can share your goal(s) with the team and check in to let us know how you are doing.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @red1185
    Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great one. Sometimes we have to give ourselves a little leeway on special occasions. The important thing is to get back on track which you are doing.

@Poobah1972
    That pizza looks so good. I always find it funny that Hawaiian pizza was originated in Canada. What did you use for the crust?

@littleflutterby
    The leg swelling will cause weight gain. Have you tried wearing compression stockings at work?
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    It's weigh-in day!

Username piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 207
    CW (Current Weight): 210.6

I'm finally on vacation! On the program is to read, exercise and sleep plenty - 2 blissful weeks of this :) I'm excited to dedicate more time to this for now as the last few weeks have been challenging and I slipped up a bunch and didn't work out very much.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    It's weigh-in day!

Username piqueaboo

I'm finally on vacation! On the program is to read, exercise and sleep plenty - 2 blissful weeks of this :) I'm excited to dedicate more time to this for now as the last few weeks have been challenging and I slipped up a bunch and didn't work out very much.

Are you wanting to be excused from the step challenge? I have no steps from you from 9/13-9/18
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Username: jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 154.8
    CW: 154.2

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps
    9/15 8,947
    9/16 6,772
    9/17 6,865
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in (9/17 stats):

Steps: 3,232
    Floors: 15
    Calories Burned: 45
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 8
    Total Intensity Minutes: 818/150
    Early W/O: Rest day.
  • Abi2131
    Abi2131 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day - Sunday
    PW - 96.2KG
    CW - 96.1KG
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    It's weigh-in day!

Username piqueaboo

Happy vacation! Your plans to fit exercise in while catching up on sleep and reading sound perfect.

Jpedno wrote: »
    Username: jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 154.8
    CW: 154.2

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps
    9/15 8,947
    9/16 6,772
    9/17 6,865

Awesome loss!

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Daily Check-in (9/17 stats):

Steps: 3,232
    Floors: 15
    Calories Burned: 45
    Daily Intensity Minutes: 8
    Total Intensity Minutes: 818/150
    Early W/O: Rest day.

Saturday is the perfect rest day!

Abi2131 wrote: »
    Weigh in day - Sunday
    PW - 96.2KG
    CW - 96.1KG

Nice loss!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening. Hope everyone is doing well.

Check in for 9/18:
    Steps - 2273. Went and exchanged shoes. Got new balance this time. A different style from what I am currently wearing. I hope these work.
    Calories - 1750. Ate a bit much for dessert. Grapes, good. Fudge piece bad.
    Exercise - down day to let my foot recover. Toe area still sore but at least my toes aren't as numb as yesterday.

Hope to hit the gym early morning.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited September 2021
    Options
    g5vtcd2igayq.png

Here is my earlier reminder of the people's steps I need for September week 3..Please have them in by Tuesday evening (9/21) If I do not have them by then I will be zeroing them out ...Thanks for your cooperation :)

@Shannonsto 9/12-9/18
    @Abi2131 9/12-9/18

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-in: Saturday 09/18

✖️Track my food
    ✖️Stay on or under my allowed calorie goal
    ✖️Gym 2/4x each week at least
    ✔️10k steps daily
    ✔️2L water daily

Steps:

09/12 - 4,542
    09/13 - 12,937
    09/14 - 12,239
    09/15 - 8,157
    09/16 - 9,061
    09/17 - 20,851
    09/18 - 15,967

Happy and blessed Sunday team! ☀️

Wishing you all a wonderful day ☺️

💪🏻♥️👍🏻
    mv0rerb52yp4.jpeg

for those who would like to follow me on Instagram…
    IG - maris_transformation_journey
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    morning guys was off to the gym early i woke up late my mate was already there waiting for me so up and ran ... got in some good gym action for over an hour then we went swimming and omg it was amazing something i will do a lot of now. So refreshing to jump in the water after the gym then we found a steam room! next stop out for lunch with my son and yeah good day overall. hope you all have a fantastic day!
  • j2lee89
    j2lee89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! It's my weigh-in day and I'm happy to see progress:

Username: J2lee89
    PW: 192.2 lbs
    CW: 191.2 lbs

I've started PT for my left leg and accepted a new position that will start in October! My hope is that we'll keep our closing date for our new home on October 7th and that we'll get settled in before November to our new routine. I'm taking it one day and one step at a time. Have a great week, Downsizers!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @rwood566
    I hope the new shoes work out for you. The fudge is not bad as long as you eat it in moderation. I work on the premises that there are no bad foods. Yesterday, I wanted peanut m&m’s but I had to skip them. Not because they are bad but I knew there was no way I could stop at a serving. I know you are pretty good at moderation and staying within calories. I hope your foot is on the mend this morning.

@mari_moulin
    Your steps have really picked up the last few days. What have you done to increase them? Great burn yesterday!

@jayenguk
    Awesome exercise day! I know for me swimming is not only great exercise it’s also very fun. Have a great Sunday!

@j2lee89
    Very nice loss! You have a busy few weeks coming up. Take it minute by minute if you have to.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
This discussion has been closed.