Captain's Lounge - September 2021

Options
IMG_20150901_195647.jpg

Alright Captains, let's transition into our new month. Finish up logging for August, and let's take September by storm.

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Storm it is!
    There is a good crop of new people this month - let's try to hang on to as many as possible! Make sure they a friend request and a personal message if possible, and give them a hand with the usual navigation and getting involved stuff. The more who stay, the easier it gets!

Please verify your support team list and let me know if anyone will be coming back to regular. And if you have people on the Goal Zone, please be sure they weigh in every week - even though it does not count in the team stats, it is good for them to check in and post weights.

Thanks!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning Captains! Let's all encourage our members to use the Habit Tracker this month! :)SEPTEMBER HABIT TRACKER
    ivmitztuzg4d.jpg
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi all -

We are getting more sign-ups using either kg or stones. Please use the following to enter these weights - sometimes it is better for us to be consistent with the conversions rather than asking the members to do it themselves. It is up to you on each team if you accept kg or stones, but it is really easy if you want to do it this way:

KG - enter "=kg*2.205" if you enter this in the cell for the weigh-in, without the " signs, all is well! So 11 kg is entered as "11*2.205"

Stones - these have one more step. Most people send in stones+pounds, so here is the easy formula: "=stones*14+pounds=total pounds" so 11 stones 5 pounds is "=11*14+5" and then you will see the right number appear in the weight column.

Of course, you can simply ask everyone to submit weights in pounds, but I find the conversion to be easy if you enter it like this, and then we are all using the same method. Up to you. If you have a co-captain who is tracking weights and not coming here to this thread, please pass on the word. Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    @jugar
    I have one coming back right now. jimboden3 will be back but I don’t have a starting weight yet. He used to weigh on Monday. I have two that will be starting either week 2 or week 3. One is dealing with the hurricane right now and the other will be starting after labour day. I will let you know when I get the exact return dates. I closed the August chat for the team. I hope that’s ok. Thanks!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Captains, please encourage your team members to give this challenge a chance. Come join them and let's make this an awesome month!! B)

Do you eat too much sugar? Is sugar hindering your weight loss and health goals? Could sugar be a real addiction for you as it is for so many? Or would you just like to learn how to moderate your sugar intake a bit more? Then this challenge is for you!! Join today our 30-DAY QUIT SUGAR CHALLENGE and take the pledge for the next 30 days to reduce or eliminate your intake of refined and added sugars.
    35migk92qe49.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jugar
    Piqueaboo is showing as a Friday weigh in. She weighs in on Saturday. Can you change her to Saturday? Thanks!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    @jugar Hey, I've been wanting to step back from the captain role on Trimstones, I've been suffering from MFP burnout and letting poor @jessicakrall8 pull the load solo too long. Can you please cast a net for another captain volunteer so I can go sit in the bleachers. I intend to stay on the team and work on my personal mojo deficit.
  • jugar
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    @jugar Hey, I've been wanting to step back from the captain role on Trimstones, I've been suffering from MFP burnout and letting poor @jessicakrall8 pull the load solo too long. Can you please cast a net for another captain volunteer so I can go sit in the bleachers. I intend to stay on the team and work on my personal mojo deficit.

You got it - better to address the burnout and build up some mojo! Your years of dedication and logging have been appreciated and we hope you get the happy feels back. Thanks! :heart:
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jugar
    I am going to Newfoundland for a few weeks. Finally! I am weighing in early this week. Can you please excuse me for the September 10th and 17th weigh ins? There may be several days while I am gone that I will have no internet access. Megan will take care of weigh in reminders and entering weights those days. Thank you!
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar
    I am going to Newfoundland for a few weeks. Finally! I am weighing in early this week. Can you please excuse me for the September 10th and 17th weigh ins? There may be several days while I am gone that I will have no internet access. Megan will take care of weigh in reminders and entering weights those days. Thank you!

Wonderful! Say hi to the rock from me! I love it there. I'll certainly excuse you, and if you need any help while you're away, just let me know. Have a blast!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @jugar

Wonderful! Say hi to the rock from me! I love it there. I'll certainly excuse you, and if you need any help while you're away, just let me know. Have a blast!

Thanks! I will probably kiss the rock as soon as I get off the plane.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi mods
    Someone posted on our team and I don't see her on the roster. Can bionicpuffy be added to our spreadsheet?

EDIT

Nevermind.... my blind self missed her. Sorry
  • Beka3695
    Options
    just announced in SA's thread :)
    m69vx9sads78.jpg

With great pleasure I would like to announce that @TheMrWobbly has agreed to become Captain of Shrinking Assets. He was part of the team for many many months back in 2019 and 2020. He is no stranger to our group, just needed a little hiatus and decided to jump back in with both feet!! He has much experience with running and biking, including crashing, so feel free to hit him up with any questions :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @Jugar ShannonSto weighed in today instead of yesterday ..Can you please mark her as LWI? ..Thank you :)
  • jugar
    Options
    @Jugar ShannonSto weighed in today instead of yesterday ..Can you please mark her as LWI? ..Thank you :)

The only time it is necessary to mark LWI is when someone has not weighed in before the tallies are done on Sunday mornings. It just means their weight for that week was not correct when the tallies were calculated. So if someone is a bit late during the week, there is no problem! Everyone who has a weigh-in done by 8 am Sunday Eastern time is on time :smiley:
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @jugar please change ashleymullo155 weigh in to Saturday.

Thank you
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @jugar

Please move cre804 back to active
  • jugar
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!

@TheMrWobbly
    You are now part of the Central Operations of Awesomeness Team! I'll add you to the spreadsheet editing crew, but will need your email address. Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Can you please move tahm42 to support for now? She is in hospital and won’t be able to weigh for awhile. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.