September 2021 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers!

The September Walk Challenge starts very soon 😲, so now is the time to be thinking about our new monthly challenge goals!

Having Leslie's, or other walking DVDs, to pop in the player continues to be a great alternative to walking outdoors, which for some of us may still feel like summer B) . For those who will be soon enjoying the onset of cooler weather, walking or hiking outdoors might very well be a pleasant alternative to the DVDs, especially for those who enjoy getting their miles or minutes outdoors, and have the opportunity to do so, as we move closer to the wonderful sights, scents, tastes... and of course the amazing colors of Autumn.

This group is open to any and all walkers. The majority of us use Leslie Sansone Walk At Home DVD workouts, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, and on the treadmill, as well as other Walking DVDs. All of these many options count toward our miles and minutes. However you get your walk or other kinds of workouts in, come on in and join us! Post your miles or minutes or workouts ... whatever you did 🤸‍♀️🥾💪🏋️‍♀️🧘‍♀️🏊‍♀️🚶‍♀️🏃‍♀️ ... it is all more than good!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Set your goal for how many miles or minutes that you want to walk, indoors or out, this month. This is your own personal goal :star:. Post your results daily, weekly, or whenever you are able.

If you find this challenge in the middle of the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you want to walk for the remaining days in the month. You are always welcome :) !
If you are new to the group please feel free to start today so that by the end of the month you will be that much closer to your health goals. It is never too late to join in

It is always fun to read which DVD, whether Leslie or another instructor, that you used. Or whatever form your walk took, whether outdoors or on the treadmill or anything in between. We all could use some new inspiration sometimes, or inquiring minds sometimes just want to know . So please share if you would care to :p .

Come on in and let us start walking the Monthly Walk Challenge together. I am truly grateful for each one of us who continue to inspire one another each month.

We are always happy to see our long time faithful walking friends join us for yet another amazing month together, and we are awaiting the opportunity to welcome newcomers to this month's Walk Challenge!

And now... let us lace up those walking shoes 👟and get some water 💧 .and walk into September 2021!

Walk... walk....walk.....

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting us off, Mary!
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Septemeber Goals

85 miles tracked
    Apple Watch Challenge: 500 Exercise minutes this month. That averages out to about 16 minutes a day or ruffly 1 Leslie mile. :)

Last month I reached my mileage goal, my watch challenge, and an extra award for closing my move ring every day. Work actually kept me moving a good bit which was a change. Not sure what this month will bring but as the sun sets earlier I may have to transition to morning walks from evening walks.

Happy September friends!!!
  • AnnofB
    edited September 2021
    Options
    For September, I commit to doing 3 workouts a week. At least 2 workouts with weights and either a Pilates of yoga workout. And will get in some walking workouts when I can.

As Deeder522 said, Happy September everyone!

9/1.....50 minutes of Burn to the Beat
  • AnnofB
    Options
    For September, I commit to doing 3 workouts a week. At least 2 workouts with weights and either a Pilates of yoga workout. And will get in some walking workouts when I can.

9/2.....29 minutes of Strength & Stamina, 25 minutes of 5 Fat Burning Miles
  • AnnofB
    Options

9/3.....14 minutes of Stretch Max and 37 minutes of 5 Miracle Miles
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! I don't know about the rest of you, but I am very happy to see the backside of August. It was a rough month for me. Looking forward to autumn and hoping for cooler temps! Maybe I will go for some outdoor walks...

For September, I'm going for 160 miles plus daily strength.
    I'd like to find some new walks (or old new walks!) and strength to try. I'm getting bored with the same old stuff. I was able to try a couple of HASfit workouts again at the end of last month and I did okay, but my shoulder is still having issues, so I have to be careful.

Sept 1: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles 5K Walk with a Twist! + 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Sept 2: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast & Fun Miles + 3 Fast Miles + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Sept 3: 5 Boosted Miles! + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán

17 out of 160 miles
  • mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well this is a strong start to September from several of you. I've gained like 8 lbs this summer after letting my health slide but I'm determined to make September the turn around month.

My plans include getting into these habits by end of month:
    Logging into mfp daily and getting back to food diaries and exercise logins regularly

Limiting myself to 1 coffee daily

Walking with Leslie daily each morning- i bought the walk at home app. To infuse a little variety

Weights 2x week (they'll arrive in 2 weeks)

2 massages

Stretch, yoga, meditate nightly

This week i booked my massages, ordered weights and I've been trying to do the daily walk and log into mfp to start tracking again. I hit 3 of the first 4 days of September so that was good- even on days when it was just a mile, it was something. Id like those walks to be intentional walks in the morning, before anything else, even if it's just in my bedroom. This weekend I intend to incorporate a little stretch yoga into my night routine and make that and 1 coffee daily the big goals for next week along with the daily walk.

Here's to the new month!
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    Happy labor day. I just stopped in to brag about myself 😜 i lost several pounds of water weight already and feel better and more energetic and today I did 2 very geriatric miles with my old dog and then 3 boosted miles with Leslie. I shouldn't have hesitated to buy the walk at home plan. It really helps me to have a vast library of her videos to choose from depending on my mood and feeling.

Hope everyone else is off to a great start this week too.
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Septemeber Goals

17 / 85 miles tracked
    Apple Watch Challenge: 128 / 500 Exercise minutes this month. That averages out to about 16 minutes a day or ruffly 1 Leslie mile. :)

My foot keeps nagging me with heel spur pains. I've rolled my foot with a frozen bottle and even tried a compression sock. I've started a Magnesium supplement last night. But this is putting a real hitch in my giddy-up for getting decent activity.

@VeggieGirlforLife I found Pamela Reif on Youtube and she does some really neat dance workouts. Might be something to look at to add some variety into your groove.

@mypinkbikini Yoga with Adriene on Youtube has a nice 7-minute nighttime yoga that I've done in the past.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    For September, I commit to doing 3 workouts a week. At least 2 workouts with weights and either a Pilates or yoga workout. And will get in some walking workouts when I can.

9/4.....32 minutes of Burn and Firm Pilates
    9/5.....25 minutes of Heavy weights light reps, also 21 minutes of Burn to the Beat
    9/6.....32 minutes of 2 Miracle Miles
  • AnnofB
    Options
    For September, I commit to doing 3 workouts a week. At least 2 workouts with weights and either a Pilates or yoga workout. And will get in some walking workouts when I can.

9/5.....25 minutes of Heavy weights light reps, also 21 minutes of Burn to the Beat
    9/7.....34 minutes of the 4 Mile Super Challenge

9/8....50 minutes of Strength and Stamina
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    I've had a good week of food tracking and workouts. There were a few days I wasn't very hungry because it was a pretty stressful week so I definitely had too much caffeine. But even during the stress I continued daily walks and exercise and 3 nights I've stretched before bed and every night I meditated.

Due to the stress 2 nights i had to take an extra sleep aid but I just permitted myself that and reminded myself I'm not taking it every night so I've still made great progress with that in 6 weeks time. More routine will help in the weeks Leslie! My dumb bells arrived so I'm going to use those this weekend and moving forward 2x weekly.

I also have some great news on the side. My job is going well. I've completed my orientation period and i'm getting a raise and in a few weeks I'll be home most nights a week (travel 1-2 nts at most and 0 nights some weeks) and I got a great review and have so much to look forward to there in the year ahead.

Today I'm going to put mostly milk into my lattes and try to wean myself back off the caffeine. I'm going to enjoy a glass of celebration wine all weekend with dinner each night. And I'm going to keep my lunch focus on fresh veggies!

Hope you all have a great weekend. I'm off to do 4 fast miles with leslie!
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    0 motivation to work out today but after too much caffeine (yes I'm still working on that) I was able to do a 30 minute run walk lift with nick and rocky. I didn't really enjoy it because they're very disorganized with transitions. Maybe it's easier when you get to know the video and don't rely on them to tell you what's next as much.

Stretching at night is more bad timing than anything else so this week i aim to make time daily to stretch even if it's not just before bed.

And finally I pooped out 12 minutes into Leslie's abs video (the bonus for burn to the beat). It's usually 22 minutes long but I couldn't keep going and quit it. I'm hoping my abs feels stronger later this fall and I can eventually finish those videos more easily.

Happy Saturday!
  • AnnofB
    Options

9/8.....50 minutes of Strength and Stamina
    9/9.....37 minutes of Burn to the Beat
    9/10...Rest day
    9/11...32minutes of Burn & Firm Pilates
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    Thanks @Deeder522 for the recommendation, I will check that out. I do like dancing!

Congrats @mypinkbikini on your raise at your new job! So good to hear that it is going well for you. Looks like things are moving in a positive direction.
    Good luck with reducing your caffeine intake. ☕ I did that several years ago because my doctor told me I should cut back and it was tough at first. Here is how I managed: I always start my day with 24oz of water. After a cup of coffee, I follow that with at least the equal amount of water. If there is more coffee later, must be followed with more water. I got that tip from a gastroenterologist. It flushes out the kidneys, keeps you hydrated since coffee is a diuretic and can help with jitters if you have too much caffeine. I hope some part of that might be helpful for you. :)

• VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    September Goal: 160 miles plus daily strength.

Sept 1: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles 5K Walk with a Twist! + 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Sept 2: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast & Fun Miles + 3 Fast Miles + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Sept 3: 5 Boosted Miles! + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán

Sept 4: 5 Fat Burning Miles + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Sept 5: 5 Mile Advanced Walk + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Sept 6: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 3 Miles WATP + 13 min Karen Lord Pilates Movement legs & butt
    Sept 7: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles 5K With a Twist! + 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 30 min HASfit arms biceps & triceps muscle building
    Sept 8: 6 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 2 Miles Woman's Walk + 13 min Karen Lord Pilates Movement legs & butt
    Sept 9: 5 Miles ~ 2 Mile AM Walk + 3 Fast Miles + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Sept 10: 6 Miles ~ 1 Miracle Mile + 5 Fat Burning Miles ~ 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Sept 11: 5 Miles ~ 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 2 Miles Walk Away Hips and Thighs + 30 min HASfit arms biceps & triceps muscle building
    Sept 12: 5 Really Big Miles Walk Slim + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Sept 13: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles iWalk Strong + 3 Miles WATP Express + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán

72 out of 160 miles
  • AnnofB
    Options

9/8.....50 minutes of Strength and Stamina
    9/9.....37 minutes of Burn to the Beat
    9/10...Rest day
    9/11...32minutes of Burn & Firm Pilates
    9/12...35 minutes of the 5 Day Walk Plan and 25 minutes of gardening
    9/13...42 minutes of gardening
    9/14...42 minutes Strength & Stamina and 34 minutes of Gardening
  • Deeder522
    Options
    Septemeber Goals

47 / 85 miles tracked
    Apple Watch Challenge: 455 / 500 Exercise minutes this month. That averages out to about 16 minutes a day or ruffly 1 Leslie mile. :)

I've had a couple of big movement days. I'd say I'm pretty well on track for meeting my goals this month, even with an irritating foot issue. 🤭

• AnnofB
    Options
    Thanks @Deeder522 for the recommendation, I will check that out. I do like dancing!

Congrats @mypinkbikini on your raise at your new job! So good to hear that it is going well for you. Looks like things are moving in a positive direction.
    Good luck with reducing your caffeine intake. ☕ I did that several years ago because my doctor told me I should cut back and it was tough at first. Here is how I managed: I always start my day with 24oz of water. After a cup of coffee, I follow that with at least the equal amount of water. If there is more coffee later, must be followed with more water. I got that tip from a gastroenterologist. It flushes out the kidneys, keeps you hydrated since coffee is a diuretic and can help with jitters if you have too much caffeine. I hope some part of that might be helpful for you. :)

Butting in here just to say that's good to know about coffee and water. My biggest addiction is coffee, though I had to limit many years ago it to two cups a day due to GERD. Thanks, VeggieGirl
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    The way I've cut my coffee before is by increasing the milk to coffee ratio in my cups so that I have 3/4 milk and 1/4 coffee but still get 2-3 "mugs" full 😁😆