Diet, Exercise and Habits over 60

Options
Exercise can be hard over 60. Currently I have a sore knee, but am determined to get 6,000 steps in today. Also I have a hankering for 100 calorie fudge bars. How's everyone else 60 and over doing with exercise. I would love to hear your success and struggles!

Replies

• healthfulbodymindsoul
    Options
    Hello, Just started this today and am still navigating the technology. (in the news feed it says my name full out and not my user name!) Anyway, being active is great, not so great moving with joint pain which can irritate and inflame and cause further problems. Maybe find other exercise formats, maybe non-weightbearing but loaded, (bilateral leg press), or work on other body parts while researching the knee pain so can resolve and get back into stepping. Physical therapist here!!! Dont know if I will be able to find my way back, but good luck!
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yes, Healthful, my knee feels some better today. I don't think I have a tear. I will try a Fit With Rick video later this evening and see if I can finish it with my knee. Had Yogurt and a peach for lunch. I am seeing low sugar yogurts at the grocery store and need to try one of these. Hope you have a good experience with MyFitnessPal.com
  • Rosemarie2972
    Options
    Busy day here today. No time to exercise. Will try again tomorrow. Did make chicken marsala today.
  • Rosemarie2972
    Options
    Plans for the gym today! Knee improved, still sore. Following some of the14 Day Rapid Fat Loss Diet recipes by Kristen Harvey. This diet calls for protein drinks with water and I have done some of this!
  • Rosemarie2972
    Options
    Good sleep last night. ...should help have a good day! Started with a protein drink. Aiming to do some zumba today!
  • Rosemarie2972
    Options
    Time to order more food: lean chicken, ground turkey, and fruits and veggies ...here we come!
  • Rosemarie2972
    Options
    Knee still sore but hoping to do hand weights and zumba!
  • Rosemarie2972
    Options
    Son proposed today! I am so motivated to lose some weight. Wish the knee would hurry up and heal so I could get more exercise!
  • Rosemarie2972
    Options
    Still not exercising enough. Knee is sore. Calorie Count is just slightly over but is enough not to be losing weight.
  • Rosemarie2972
    Options
    Swam yesterday. Weight holding but not losing. Want to lose weight for my son's wedding!
  • Rosemarie2972
    Options
    Wow, Did not do well yesterday. Starbucks coffee, and chicken wings. Will try again today!
  • Rosemarie2972
    Options
    Need to count calories...eat too much in the mornings!
  • Rosemarie2972
    Options
    Had difficulty with right knee but doing better now. Walked on treadmill today!