Post your coloring pics here for September

2»

Replies

• beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 872 Member
    xqvgmnyq39qm.jpg

This is a traditional pic I started in 2016 and finished at the end of 2017. I am one not to rush...lol. I haven't done traditional in a while, but look forward to getting back to it.
  • KRENTX
    KRENTX Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited September 2021
    This is gorgeous, Becca! Did you use markers or crayons or what? All the colors are perfect!

Your font isn't big just your photo. I use that image resizer link I posted above to make it more of a medium size.
  • beccaboo1276414
    I used different coloring pens. Some were glitter pens.
  • beccaboo1276414
    KRENTX wrote: »
    Something happens when you put a pen, pencil, marker or paintbrush in your hand. Your mind leaves behind the stress and worries of the moment and goes into such a calmer place. We all need that these days for sure!

And this, team members, is a bug! 'nuff said. :wink:

Thank u for posting this. It is so true! I showed your art to my sis, and she loves it too. You could open an Etsy shop to sell your works!
  • mickirom
    mickirom Posts: 10 Member
    Hi Karen! Hi Becca! First - Thanks for the hints on adding photos, Karen! I use both my phone and a Laptop because they have different information. Why? I don't know, but they do! LOL So I will experiment and see what happens. If the pics come out huge - I'll try that link you put up! And... (laughing) I found your invite on my phone - couldn't find it here (currently on my laptop). So I did join but didn't have time to explore yet. I'm smiling because I saw that someone named "PJ" had a birthday - my youngest son's nickname is "PJ". I didn't know how to wish a belated BD and of course, since I haven't seen a list of members I don't know who PJ is yet........ sometimes learning this stuff seems a bit overwhelming! ;)

Becca? Your colored pic is absolutely stunning! I love the vibrancy and colors! I totally agree with what you said about what Karen wrote AND that she could open an Etsy shop! I love coloring because I get "lost" when coloring and love forgetting about all the stress in this world! :)

Thank you both for making me feel so welcome. If you don't see a lot of me in the next few days it's because I am inundated with doc appointments (just why oh why do they all seem to be at once??? LOL) but I will stop in when I can!
  • mickirom
    mickirom Posts: 10 Member
    First - Thanks so so much Karen, for the resizing link. It took me a couple of tries, but I think I am getting the hang of it.
    Here are two totally different styles of coloring but they are two of my favorites!

72rfuf274cac.jpg
    kkccl7ixy91o.jpg

• beccaboo1276414
    Lovely Micki! I love the line effect in the first one especially!

h73ln0i8z5ii.png
  • KRENTX
    edited September 2021
    Micki, I love them both! So interesting how you can have different styles of coloring just as you have different styles of painting. I can feel the letting go of your mind that always wants to hold on to everything just by looking at your coloring. Becca, I love your digital art too! With no lines showing! It makes me want to try to paint that with a paintbrush and see how it looks! I may give it a try soon. I had one of those days with many, many moments I'd like to erase, lol.

pynhclheup2j.jpg

Drew these cacti and colored with watercolors then used a white gel pen for the details. Believe it or not I had never used a gel pen before and was amazed at what a difference the added marks made!

• beccaboo1276414
    Beautiful!

You could publish your own coloring book!

x85j54keowju.png
  • KRENTX
    Wow! Love the "shine", the highlights. Always the hardest parts.
  • KRENTX
    edited September 2021
    dpz17prw7mei.jpg

Doggie pop art style. Drew it. Painted it with acrylics. Drew the lines again with black marker. Lately, for the first time, I'm really attracted to pop art. I'll be trying more of it.
  • beccaboo1276414
    The app does it automatically, but I really loved the design! I also love getting in the flow of tapping the colors. I will be brave one day and go back to drawing. You have inspired me for that. 💕
  • beccaboo1276414
    KRENTX wrote: »
    Doggie pop art style. Lately, for the first time, I'm really attracted to pop art. I'll be trying more of it.

It's really lovely!! I love the background color contrasted with the pug color.

• KRENTX
    Thank you Becca! I had router/wifi issues for the last few days. Drives me nuts. I think we're all repaired/replaced/updated now!
  • beccaboo1276414
    s0x3l2qsqsdf.png

This one drove me a little wacky. It was very detailed!
  • KRENTX
    It's gorgeous! I love color and coloring and painting. However I think I love "lines" even more. When the lines show in a work of art I am just drawn to them. I want to draw them myself or at least trace over them. This is wonderful Becca!
  • KRENTX
    Becca, I just realized you put my pug painting on display. I'm blushing!
  • beccaboo1276414
    I love your pug!

naoqh57v0awl.png
  • beccaboo1276414
    wp2z6247b0o3.png
  • KRENTX
    These are both gorgeous but I really love the bear, that sky those mountains. I may draw that and see what I can do with it.
  • KRENTX
    Tomorrow is October. I suggest we all try to post some Halloween themed art during this month. I'm going to work on some, I hope. I'll post a card I made last Halloween and gave to my son. The neat thing is if you take a photo of your art, you can text it to your friends and family like an e-card!