Friday Cuppa Joe 9.17.21

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
edited September 2021 in Social Groups
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"In this undiscovered moment, lift your head up above the crowd." - John Mellencamp, in his song "Your Life is Now"

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the love! It was a really nice day reading all the comments and messages from everyone. Dd21 and her fiance stopped by in the evening after my Bible study to take me for ice cream, too. I love those 2!

Happy birthday, Beautiful Steph! I hope you had CAKE! That board game bar sounds super cool.
    I'm so happy to see you back here, Raine! You brighten the room!!! I'll be watching for pics of your new kayak ... so fun!
    Are you happy about the rain and cooler weather, Dennis? Did you guys need it?
    That is a pretty impressive gift, Sam! Have you ridden before? You and Dennis can start a new motorcycle gang now! Let's brainstorm a name ...
    Are you rested up, Mary? It took me a few days. I was very strategic with my meal plannings the weeks before and after the wedding, too. I had almost all no-cook options because I knew I wouldn't feel like it.
    Cool Jeep, Skip! Sorry I missed your call yesterday. I'll return it today while I'm driving - hopefully you'll be available.

This morning will be busy here. I have my bff video call in the morning (that I always do on Mondays and Fridays), then I'm going to my dfil's house. His doctor told him that he needs more fiber in his diet, and he wants me to help him plan that out a bit. I'll be leaving there to go to my home AA group, where I get to celebrate again. I baked cookies! And my sponsee who is celebrating 1 year baked brownies. Should be fun! Then tomorrow she's throwing that party, and I have lots of food prepping to do for the things I'm bringing. I'm doing a lime corn salad, a fruit salad (kinda like a traditional grape salad, but with grapes, apples, and pineapple and a little bit lighter ingredients), and a tropical punch that I made for this summer's party and they loved. Jim has been in Kentucky all week, and it's been quiet around here. Hopefully he'll be home tomorrow night.
  • raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB.
    Sam - Tom and I will love to join you and Dennis for a ride!
    Skip - that Wagoneer is a beauty.
    Mary - beautiful wedding pics
    Do good out there everyone.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

SOOOOO thrilled to see Raine/Lisa today!

Short day in office. Treating our Vet Tech and her husband to our Nationals Suite tonight. Last game we'll make this season. She did so much over the years for Cooper and we love her and wanted to bless them with a night of luxury. Driver picks us up at 3:30. Can't wait. Hope rain holds off.

Nothin in plan for weekend. Hoping rain holds and affords me some pool time.

Cheers,
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Beat up from the feet up this morning. May have overdone it yesterday.

Sam and Dennis and Raine and Tom can start the BBB Biker Club or BBBBC.
    Congrats on the new Super Glide, Sam.

Lisa, thank you for sharing your battle with alcoholism and staying sober. So very inspirational. Its a disease that destroys a lot of peoples' lives. The collateral damage can be substantial.

Heading to New Hampshire for a two day dog trial this afternoon. Have to return the first place trophy Babe won last year. It would be great to bring it home again, but the odds are against us. Although you never know.

BBB OP ;-)
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Fasting and atoning are complete. Went to a new (to me) synagogue for services this year. It's actually a synagogue that was built in Brenham, TX in 1894 and physically moved to Austin in 2015.

https://www.tiferetaustin.org/our-building-.html
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

I love seeing old buildings preserved, Lou. Cool story.

I'm gimping around, today. I pulled a groin muscle yesterday, while lunging to step on Sassy's leash (she was heading toward Rita's eggplants). Wow, that hurt. I think this one will take a while to heal. In the mean time, Motrin is my friend.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Sit confirmed in Vegas for 3 weeks in October. They were hoping to be gone longer but her doctor wouldn’t allow it.

We headed to a different trailhead yesterday and auto glass all over. We think we are done with trails near here for now. Walked a nearby neighborhood instead.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.
    • A belated Yom Kippur Lou. Interesting that they moved the Synagogue.
    • Welcome back Raine. We missed you.
    • So my riding buddy and I live in Del Webb, an over 55 community. When we ride our neighbors call us Del's Angels. I guess we could make Sam an honorary member.
    • Best of luck Babe, or should I say break a leg?
    • Lisa, we didn't necessarily need the rain but the break in temperatures was welcome.
    • I'm off to an HOA budget planning meeting.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    DW had a 1981 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, large heavy box, but best riding vehicle we ever had. Wish we could find another vehicle that good; after a few modifications it got 19 miles to a gallon whether 2WD or 4WD, air on or off; it was good for several hundred thousand miles.
    Subbed at high school today will not do for that teacher again.
    Passed written part for motorcycle license this morning, taking 3 day riding course end of October where I'll get regular license in mean time can only ride daylight hours and cannot ride on interstate highways.
    Know Babe will do her best
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Landed at the lake for the weekend. My extra happy place. This is where relaxing after last week comes in!

May launch pontoon in morning ao neighboring lake with lunch and a cooler. Since it's already trailered up.

Have a great hunt trail, ball game, celebration, and overall weekend everyone.