Weather for the Day

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,447 Member
    Judith. I hope BC gets rain soon. Fire is so destructive. I know it happens every year but it doesn't make it less scary. Hugs.

25°C/77°F to 15°C/59°F (it feels 3°C
    warmer)
    Humidity 61% - 100%

0-4mm rain
    Flood warnings for today.
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,639 Member
    edited August 15
    I know I posted earlier my weather and forecast and told you about the 162 Out of Control Fires here in BC but wanted to reply to your kindness!

And I see how much rain in your forecast and the Flood Warnings in your area. I am praying for safety for you Colin and the “Boys” Hugs 🤗🙏
  • LosinSusin
    Thank you, Judith. I don’t think much flooding happened here after all. I hope the fires in Canada will be out soon.

26°C/77°F to 14°C/59°F (it feels 2°C
    warmer)
    Humidity 56% - 94%

0-1mm rain, morning fog
    Flood warnings still in place for today.
  • 316Judith
    Thank you Susan! With the ground being so very dry up in the higher elevations and with it being so very hot it is basically providing fuel to keep the fires burning. Hopefully things will cool down in those areas soon.

Today in our area it was sunny and warm. Temps were in the 80’s.
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,576 Member
    It was warmer in the mountains today with a high of 72F (22.2C) but when we got back to Grand Junction it is a high of 96F (35.5C) with 12% humidity and a low of 66F (18.8C). I am praying for the out of control forest wildfires Judith!
  • LosinSusin
    29°C/84.2°F to 13°C/55.4°F (it feels 1°C warmer)
    Humidity 41% - 81%

Sunny

The days are getting warmer but the nights are cooler this week. I think we'll have cooler days after tomorrow.
  • 316Judith
    Partly cloudy 🌤 skies continued for most of the day. Temps today were 75 degrees and tonight is in the forecast to be 59 degrees overnight. This is atypical for BC Summers in my area.

However, other parts of BC have higher temps and with the Dry Ground and No Rain conditions that are across the Province it only feeds the Out of control Wildfires here in BC!
  • LosinSusin
    23°C/75.2°F to 11°C/51.8°F (it feels 1°C warmer)
    Humidity 37% - 75%

Sunny
  • 316Judith
    We have a Weather alert from Environment Canada!

Description
    Strong winds, thunderstorms with heavy downpours and gusty winds are expected.

When: Late this evening to early Sunday morning.

Where: Metro Vancouver, Victoria, Southern Gulf Islands, Howe Sound, East Vancouver Island, and Sunshine Coast.

Hazards: Strong southerly winds, risk of frequent lightning and heavy downpours.

Today it was mostly cloudy 🌥 and very Hot 🥵 and Humid 88 degrees and the overnight temps will be quite cool about 60 degrees!
  • Healthyme7410
    Judith = praying for safety of all BC

High of 91F (32.7C) and low of 66F (18.8C) with humidity 30%. There are scattered showers in the area but we have not gotten any.
  • LosinSusin
    edited August 18
    I hope it doesn't get too wild, Judith. 🙏 Linda, you're still getting such hot days but August is coming to an end...

23°C/75.2°F to 11°C/51.8°F (it feels this temp)
    Humidity 57% - 100%

Possible shower
  • 316Judith
    Overnight it really stormed and this morning it poured down heavy rain- like Buckets of Rain, my garden was so waterlogged that all the plants trees and shrubbery hung down So limp from the heavy rain. Thankfully in my immediate area there were no floods. But everything is waterlogged! Not sure what is happening overnight as I didn’t get forecast, sorry and I didn’t get the temps in my area either.
  • Healthyme7410
    High of 93F (33.8C) and low of 66F (18.8C). The sky is overcast with a slight breeze.
  • LosinSusin
    23°C/75.2°F to 11°C/51.8°F (it feels 2°C warmer)
    Humidity 68% - 100%

Shower or two
  • 316Judith
    Today we had temps of 80 degrees and this afternoon we had gusts 🌬 of wind. The skies became very grey! Mostly today it was very cloudy! ☁️ Not sure what the forecast has for us overnight but I boiled water and filled my carafe’s in case we lose power.
  • LosinSusin
    Good idea to be prepared, Judith. I hope you didn't lose power though.

26°C/78.8°F to 12°C/53.6°F (it feels 2°C warmer)
    Humidity 53% - 97%

Morning fog then mostly sunny
  • 316Judith
    Thank you Susan, thankfully we didn’t lose power. Last night it rained a little but not enough to wet things down. And today it’s been an overcast day with Grey skies, no rain. Think the temps were down. I didn’t check weather so don’t know the temps or the forecast.
  • LosinSusin
    Glad you didn't lose power, Judith. Do you have a solar radio that can tell you necessary news if you lose power? I have one for the caravan but not here at home so have been searching online for one. I think most camping stores have them. They usually have a power bank too so you can charge your phone.

27°C/80.6°F to 13°C/55.4°F (it feels .5°C warmer)
    Humidity 48% - 99%

Mostly sunny
  • Healthyme7410
    It has been overcast and rainy most of the day except for about an hour when we were up in the mountains trying to film some things for the school. It seemed God wanted to give us a little break so we could get it done. One time during the filming there was a huge thunder clap that ruined the filming for that try. We also had a lot of hail with the heavy rains. It was in the 60's in the mountains so a long sleeve blouse and jacket were needed. We were filming at 13,500 feet.
  • 316Judith
    Thank you Susan, I don’t have a solar radio or any back up to charge the phone but have been looking at them. Guess I should be quick about getting that out of way.

Linda you are having some very stormy weather. Sorry about the thunder claps and hail while filming.

Last two days it has been overcast and cloudy. Cooler temps today as we were in the 60’s!