Introductions!

Options

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    I'm back for another month of UAC. I started in Dec of last year and will remain here as long as it exists. It helps keep my procrastinating self stay on track. I'm no longer overweight though I'd still like to lose the last 8lbs to be in prime form. I'm currently working on improving strength via EPIC workouts.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,242 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Julie. I am Canadian, and my husband and I live on the prairies. Our daughter is 28 and lives a few hours drive north of us, where she has just begun her first year as a lawyer. We have a black standard poodle pup (just turned 1) named Beauregard. He is my walking partner and we aim for 10,000+ steps a day.

atyyybbbom0l.jpeg
    u9ot0fpor06u.jpeg

This will be my third month in the UAC, which I was so happy to find shortly after joining MFP this summer. I am down 22.2 pounds so far, and am really pleased with how the UAC accountability framework has helped me to make my health a priority.

I have severe rheumatoid arthritis and Sjogren’s Syndrome. My immune suppression drug regime has been more than a bit terrifying during COVID. My physical (and mental health) are better when I am active and lead a healthy lifestyle.

Looking forward to seeing, learning with and from all of you on the October Challenge. 🥰

Julie
  • tammymoore24
    tammymoore24 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Hi! My mame is Tammy (in case you couldn't figure that out from my login name 😉). I am 56 yo and live in the northern suburbs of Chicago, Illinois in the USA. This is my first time in this challenge. I have over 100 pounds to lose. I have dieted and exercised on and off my whole life. Mostly "off". My body aches from carrying too much weight and not exercising.

I changed careers and became a nurse last year. I work in a hospital and get in a lot of steps during my 13-15 hour shifts. I will consider my exercise as anything outside of work. I work the night shift 3 or 4 days a week so my eating times vary throughout the week and I revert back to a normal sleep/eat schedule on my days off. Sometimes I sleep during the day and sometimes at night. Many times I'm eating "dinner" at 2AM and still have 6 hours of work ahead of me.

I know that tracking and purposeful exercise is key to my weight loss. I'm looking forward to being a part of this group.
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi, I'm Maryann. This will be my 10th month in UAC, and hopefully a month of refocusing. I'm 38, a mom of one, and admittedly I've been floundering in my efforts the past three very crazy months. I just found out I have a big offsite for work in Late January/early February and I'd like to be 15-20lbs into the 25lbs I have left to lose. (60lsb down, 25lbs to go). This month will see a shift from my exercise regimen being heavier on strength and lighter on running to heavier on running and lighter on strength to hopefully get rid of the rest of the belly fluff my strength work just seems to be making more pronounced. LOL. Happy to accept friend requests, but just kind of tag me in something and let me know they're coming if I haven't interacted with you before - there's been an onslaught of fake requests coming my way so if I decline a request it's just because I didn't know it was real. LOL. Good luck all! <3
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Hello. I’m new to this group. I’m 42 live in Kansas. I’m in the healthcare field and my schedule is crazy 12-16hr shift bouncing between day/night shifts. So excited to be apart of this group that challenge you to be a accountable and healthier Version of yourself. My goal for this month is to find a steady routine for meals and workout. Looking forward to get to know and learning from you all.

WELCOME! @lovingcaring What a great name! :smile: We look forward to getting to you more about you as well! :)

@slimtastesbetter GREAT PICTURE! Thanks for sharing more of your story and your journey with us!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Hello everyone! This is my first time joining the UAC, really excited about this! I'm Elisabeth, a 29 year old biologist - turning - zookeeper from Germany. I'm interrupting my usual strength training regiment (because my gym is undergoing renovations...) and decided it's time to lose some of the fat I gained over the time since I did finally reach a point where I'm becoming overweight. My exercise this month will consist of hiking, rope jumping, yoga and, as soon as the gym is open again, the rowing machine.
    Good luck to all of you! :)

WELCOME Elisabeth!! Good for you for taking steps to better health!! 👍 We're glad to have you!! 😊
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,742 Member
    Options
    Hello so many new folks it’s so nice to see and read your posts. My name is Kate and I live in the Adirondack Mts I have climbed several of them and each has brought their own challenges. I am also dog mom to 3 a golden retriever, a German Shepard mix part greyhound we think and a Australian cattle dog. I also have one adult daughter and son plus the hubby lol! I began my healthy lifestyle change in January of 2017 it’s been a slow process but one I have been able to sustain and incorporate much more than just the dieting philosophy. This group of folks has given me the strength and desire to move forward every day someone will post a thought, comment that makes me think and often times I have tried the suggestion in my own life. My advice is stay with this group it’s been a long time that I have been here and plan on going nowhere soon. Don’t sell yourself short just adapt to your needs best of luck to all this month!
  • mrsoddino
    mrsoddino Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is my first UAC challenge. Started today with 30 minutes walking, eating under my allotted calories and I tracked everything I ate!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    mrsoddino wrote: »
    This is my first UAC challenge. Started today with 30 minutes walking, eating under my allotted calories and I tracked everything I ate!

WELCOME @mrsoddino !! Please make your daily posts under the corresponding day. For example, the above post needs to be posted under the October 3rd thread. Tomorrow's post would need to go under the October 4th thread. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or issues! We're excited to have you!!!! ;)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    WELCOME @mgreen1965 !! How exciting that you're going on a road trip! And a 5k and a 10k coming up next month -- WOWSA! Good for you!! :) We look forward to getting to know you!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Welcome @mmcram !! Don't be shy! Jump in and ask questions if you aren't sure about something. The 3 pillars of the UAC are simple..... but they ain't easy! Lol.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Welcome @mmcram !
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @mmcram I love it! I have never heard anyone say they need to get in shape for retirement before, but it makes a lot of sense-- obviously you want an active retirement. I am retiring to get healthier (the inability not to put work and the needs of other people ahead of my own health got to the point I realized I need to change to get healthy). This is a good group for supporting such goals.

October was my first month of the group so I have not been prone to share a lot, but I like the group. My advice is to set your goals now, track and exercise. Then being part of the group comes pretty easy.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,909 Member
    Options
    agree... I am just now thinking about retirement in 2 years. I was planning to sell the storage queen ski boat but then I started thinking. In retirement what if I had a LOT more time to play tennis AND water ski? I mean the thought just started niggling in my mind recently but the BEST time on the lake is mid morning when everyone else is working. And I have paid the storage fees for years so what's a few more. then maybe I could actually get it fixed up a little and use it. Of course I need to find some folks to ski and play tennis with. that might be harder.....