October 18

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    We all have them. Those thoughts that tell us it’s okay to have some ice cream since we had such a lousy day. Then after we’ve lost control and eaten far too much, that same voice tells us we’ll never lose weight, we just don’t have what it takes, gosh, what a loser. Well, now that we’ve blown the calorie budget for the day, may as well go for the chips too.

Sound familiar? If we are going to succeed in this journey, we need to mange those thoughts. Shari Broder, health coach has some tips on how to do so. Check out her blog post on this topic for some helpful advice on how to handle our inner “mean girl/boy”:

https://sharibroder.com/managing-inner-voice-key-losing-weight/

2qnudrn3rt8q.jpg

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Yes x 3
    3️⃣ pass days left.

@Jana_2020 <> 👍🏻 So true.

@taurie <> Persevere with reframing your inner dialogue. You are worth the time and effort
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    18 Oct
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes - nice to get a 5 miler in after my long run yesterday with no issues
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

I think I don't go off the rails with emotional eating so much as sometimes I am just hungry and want something more. Then I sometimes forget to stop. I find that forcing myself to LOG as that happens slows the process down to where I can recognize that the original reason for eating more has long since left the building.

Great topic today.
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    OCT 18
    Exercise ✅ [> 20 min walk]
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    YYY
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    October 18
    ✅✅✅
    3 pass days used
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    October 18, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (16 days -free)
    Over Sugar macro today? No (11 days)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Oct 18:
    ✅❌❌

Pass Days Used: 3/3 (4Oct) (12Oct) (18Oct)

Felt a little better this morning, so we decided to see how much hiking I could tolerate. We did a total of about 5 miles on various trails in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. I did a half-way job of keeping track of what I ate.... but got worse about it as the day went on. Idk what "bug" this is that I have, but I hope it doesn't stick around long. (2 covid tests have been negative thus far). But by this evening, I'm dragging again. We're back home how, and I'm going to bed early.

Thank you for he beautiful pictures.

Please take care of yourself.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Oct 18th
    Yes x 3 today.
    3 pass days used, Oct 1, 5, 12.

Ty for sharing pics @snowshoe072 & @Mrs_Hoffer. Fall is such beautiful time of year. Hope you feel better soon @Mrs_Hoffer.
  • Jillygirl0220
    Jillygirl0220 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the blog details - - love the mean girl photo (I've beat my inner critic up pretty good over the years but she is a resilient old broad and keeps popping into my head to self-sabotage my efforts). I'll check out the blog for some much needed encouragement.

I'm taking a pass day today - did great on food & tracking but I injured my knee yesterday with my enthusiastic gardening so no exercise today - icing it today. :s
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅
    Pass days remaining: 1