October 6

Options

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,294 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld, thanks for suggesting the Half Size Me podcast, hosted by Heather Robertson, I’m definitely going to check her out, 👍🏻👍🏻
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Yes X 3
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,093 Member
    Options
    Tracked -Yes
    Within calorie budget - Yes
    Exercised - Yes, a 4 mile run 🏃‍♀️
    Pass days used - 1
  • alaskamutts278
    alaskamutts278 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    4 Oct yes x 3
    5 Oct yes x 3
    6 Oct yes x 3
  • lovingcaring
    lovingcaring Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oct 6

Track eats/drinks? Yes
    Within calorie budget? Yes
    Exercise? Walk 15 min step Aerobic 10min
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    10/6/2021

Exercise? Yes. About 20 minutes of walking and some minimal stretching at rehearsal. :) ♪♫
    Tracking? Yes.
    Calories? Right on the limit today, so I'm going to count that as a yes. :)

Three yesses? Wow!

Pass days used? 4/3

It's almost midnight, so I'll come back to read everything tomorrow. :)
  • moanton
    moanton Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, and yes
    workout in am and 30 min brisk walk in evening. Yay for me. Yay for all of us!
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Oct 6
    Exercise - 15 minute MommaStrong, 30 minutes walking (beautiful day!)
    Tracking - Planned, adjusted the plan along the way
    Calories - Under
    Pass days so far - 0

Thanks for the podcast recommendation and the nugget. It's interesting because I have been "doing" weight loss to some extent my whole adult life. But really, when I joined weight watchers right after college, I lost the 25 pounds I needed to lose pretty easily and kept it off until pregnancy. After pregnancy I had maybe 50 pounds to lose. I think that people who have lost 100+ pounds are in a whole different category from me and I have great admiration for what a challenge that must be but I don't know if their truths are my truths, really. But I am interested to keep reading those nuggets and see.

The "have to" brings me back to being pregnant with my first, 10 years ago. I was so so nauseous all the time and the only thing that kept me from throwing up was eating food like pizza and milkshakes. Those didn't even taste good but if I didn't eat them constantly I would throw up bile. The pounds piled on in a really frightening way - I gained half my body weight in those 9 months. My ob said, "You HAVE TO stop eating so much." And I explained that if I didn't eat I threw up and couldn't stop throwing up. She said, "Oh well, then, you HAVE TO work really hard at losing weight just as soon as you have this baby." (With the second pregnancy they gave me some medication that helped - wish they would have done that instead of "HAVE TO" at me!) As soon as I had my baby, I was immediately thinking constantly about how the doctor said "I HAVE TO" work on losing weight right away. It honestly kind of made me miserable in a really unnecessary way. I really couldn't lose weight while breastfeeding and caring for a young child, and then trying to get pregnant again. I don't know when I gave up on that "HAVE TO" - I think it was gradually - but it was a really good thing.

I finally circled back to the weight loss when my oldest was 7 and my youngest was 3. That doctor's "HAVE TO"s still echo in my mind but really, having been overweight for that many years, I felt less like I had to. Obviously I could live at that weight - I had done it already! And the pressure to lose it quickly - that ship had clearly sailed. So, I did kind of chose to do it on my own - and I have embraced the slow and steady way to lose it rather than being in any kind of rush. Losing at my pace, which I do think will be more sustainable in the end.

Wow, I'm not sure I took from that what I was meant to, but it sure was interesting to think about!
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, October 6

Pass Day but feeling much better
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/6
    Exercised ?: YES taught a PiYo class for 1 hour.
    Calories ? YES (gotta make sure I’m eating enough 🤦🏾‍♀️
    Tracked? YES

Pass Days 0/3

@biketheworld Thanks so much for the Podcast referral and sharing these nuggets of truth! I love learning about new resources!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    yes x 3
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,496 Member
    Options

~🎃~~10 / 6 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🧙🏼‍♀️ ~~ OCTOBER ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~~ 💖 ~~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 230+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 32,700+.......... 200 walking ........ 30 m house cleaning

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6

• brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I have mixed opinions on this topic. On one hand, I'm a horrible procrastinator, so "I have to" mentality tends to be how things get done. When I have that mentality, I am more likely to get the positive results (weight loss).
    That said, I also subscribe to the theory of adulthood that I don't "have" to do anything. There are things I should do and there are consequences to not doing them. For every choice, there's the little pros/cons tally in my head. It sometimes is useful to remember this for my mental health, but does not always yield the best results for my physical health.
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Oct 6th

✅ Exercise: 3 walks, 10-20 minutes each.
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

I definitely have a little rebel inside that does not respond well to ¨you have to.¨ I WANT to lose weight. I WANT to be healthy. At this moment I am happy and WANT to live longer. (Honestly just a few months ago I didn´t really want to live longer. I was burned out and life felt like such a struggle. I finally realized I need to take the chance and make changes-- letting go of work that has been a major part of my identity all my adult life. Right now I am actually having FUN exploring these lifestyle changes and learning what I missed out on of several years of not paying attention to the controversies related to weight.