Introduce Yourself or Re-Introduce Yourself

Options
ON_A_DIET
ON_A_DIET Posts: 58 Member
Hello! My name is ON_A_DIET. How are you? I hope wonderful!

I started this group so that you know that there is not a reason to feel ashamed about being frugal. You can still eat healthily!

I shop sales and clearances. I taught myself how to cook. I look at new recipes every day. I rely on a Crock-Pot and the microwave. No stress.

I was a co-team leader on Sparkpeople's Eating on a Budget team. I miss the team so much that I just had to create a group here!

I look forward to meeting you.

Oh yeah... Don't forget your grocery list!

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Hi I am CSEGUIN2 or Connie. Thanks for the invite. I may not stop by often but will do my best. I am constantly trying to shop healthy on a very tight budget.
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    Thank you for joining Connie! It means alot! The group is new so I am working hard to get the group started. Is there any topic you would like to have here? Thanks, again.
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Becca, and I love cooking with the crockpot! I agree with the no stress cooking! Thank you for starting this team.
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    Hello Becca! Thank you for joining! I am married to my Crock-Pot. He cooks for me, he smells good, ... all I have to do is clean him! LOL
  • gralan1
    gralan1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Heyas!

It is good to finally find the group. Howdy On_a_diet!!! Here I am! Ready, willing, able as I may be. Here's a quick recipe I've gleaned from online.

I'm gregory alan, hence "gralan" online most places. I am loving our foodi oven, our induction burner, and microwave for cooking, baking, and rising bread dough (by nuking it slowly. 15min each rise. Wow!) My wife and I are both disabled, living on a hair over $900 a month. I have to squeeze a nickle til it gives me change. hahaha

I hope folks will enjoy interacting as they can, there is much to learn about eating healthy on a tight budget. We ourselves don't even live near a farmer's market for vegetables and fruit. We limp along with frozen and canned. I'm hoping to utilize the ninja oven to dehydrate leftovers and overage. Sometimes we want oranges but they come only in a big bag usually at our nearest store. Here's a recipe I'll be doing in our foodi oven.

wdznde6jre7d.jpg
  • ON_A_DIET
    Options
    Hello my friend! Good to have you here! Thank you for the recipe! The first thing that I thought of were Pizza Crackers. On top of each cracker, place a piece of pepperoni than a squirt of ketchup. Yes? No? Question... Could you prepare this recipe in the microwave? Thank you again!
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Don't throw out your cranky barely working laptops! My new Chromebook refuses to allow me to have access here. So, this morning, I dusted off my dilapidated older laptop and voila I have access! My screen name is no more ON_A_DIET. My screen name is the_frugal_chef now. I would love to be a leader again! Would you kindly appoint me? Thank You!
  • the_frugal_chef
    the_frugal_chef Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Guess what? I am team leader again! Woo Hoo! Support won't erase my former screen name, so kindly excuse the confusion. I am listed as ON_A_DIET and the_frugal_chef I am now the_frugal_chef