Fitbit Luxe

Options
hicim705
hicim705 Posts: 5,336 Member
edited October 2021 in Social Groups
Good Morning, All!

My husband is retired and doesn't typically move that much. He just got a P/T, seasonal job and he's constantly running around. His company is VERY particular about punching in/out on time (within a minute or two) and he's got quite a 'hike' to go from the time clocks to his job. I suggested getting a fitness tracker as the time is always right **and** he could see just how much he is walking as his shifts require constant movement.

A few days ago, QVC had a Fitbit which they featured - the Fitbit Luxe Fitness & Wellness Smart Wearable. SO - I bought him that one. A day or two later, HSN had a featured fitness tracker which did a lot of what the FitBit does but it cost quite a bit less ... it also looks a little more like a man's watch than the FitBit does ~ so we got that one as well. The FitBit Luxe arrived yesterday ~ the other wearable should arrive next week.

I am a FitBit user and started with a FitBit Charge HR on Christmas, 2015. That one died in November, 2017 and I replaced it with a FitBit Charge 2 and have been using that since 11/24/17. My Charge 2 still works but the screen is cracked and hubby is telling me to keep the new FitBit and retire my old one ~ he will take the other tracker when it arrives.

I wasn't planning to replace my tracker until it died ... and I was going to retun the Luxe for credit. But, considering that my Charge2 is now 4 years old (and I use it literally every day/night except when I occasionally forget to put it on before leaving the house) ... maybe I should consider replacing it? My Charge 2 has served me well.

The new Luxe is water-resistant, which I like and probably has features that my 4-year-old Charge 2 doesn't have ... my husband is telling me to retire my Charge 2 and keep the Luxe. I got the black/black version as I originally purchased it with him in mind ~ my Charge 2 was silver and I got a fun pack of a lot of different colored bands that I have used through the years ~ of course, I can do that with the Luxe as well. I was surprised not to find many threads about the Luxe ... does anyone have experience with this model?

I'm still on the fence about keeping it or not and was hoping to find some Luxe users who might tell me the pros and cons.

Replies

• hicim705
    Options
    I'm so sad that nobody seems to own the FitBit Luxe! I was really hoping to get some feedback from someone!
  • salticookie
    salticookie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Luxe.
  • hicim705
    Options
    @salticookie - Hey there! I'm shocked that there isn't more conversation about the Luxe. Do you like it? Pros? Cons? I have a Charge 2 (or HR, whatever) - screen has a crack and still works. QVC or HSN had a deal and I got a Luxe - then read a lot of bad reviews and wanted to see if I could get an opinion from an actual user. I would appreciate some honest input. Thanks!
  • gamespriteicon
    gamespriteicon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have one. Got it end of October and I like it. It is a more powerful Alta, which I have had since 2016. The battery finally stopped charging well. Luxe gives me a full 7 days. I only have text notifications on.

I like that I can start and stop workouts from my wrist and the added HR is nice when working out. There is also a timer and stopwatch feature which is also nice.

It is a nice upgrade from Alta to Luxe, no complaints.

If you are looking for a watch with apps (smart watch) this is not the one you want. It is a fitness tracker vs a smart watch.
  • hicim705
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I have one. Got it end of October and I like it. It is a more powerful Alta, which I have had since 2016. The battery finally stopped charging well. Luxe gives me a full 7 days. I only have text notifications on.

I like that I can start and stop workouts from my wrist and the added HR is nice when working out. There is also a timer and stopwatch feature which is also nice.

It is a nice upgrade from Alta to Luxe, no complaints.

If you are looking for a watch with apps (smart watch) this is not the one you want. It is a fitness tracker vs a smart watch.

@gamespriteicon - Thank you for your reply. I guess I haven't looked for any responses to this thread in awhile and thought I would check. I currently have a Charge 2 (it still works except for a crack on the face of it). I have until the end of January to return the Luxe ~ I can't decide if I should return it and wait until my current one dies and buy a direct replacement for that one or try to Luxe and see if I like it.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Charge 2 with a cracked face, too, but it still works fine. But before Christmas dh found a Luxe at Costco on sale, so I am trying it out. I can also return it if I decide I don’t like it. Things I like…getting text messages which I could never get the Charge to do, the waterproof part, it’s smaller. I also like seeing my O2 level, tho not sure how accurate. Things I am not sure I like…you don’t automatically see steps (only a circle showing how close you are to step goal), hr isn’t showing on face, hard to set up alarms..I think I read that you have to do it thru the Fitbit itself, not the app. & I really don’t like the band..it is bothering my skin. I can order different more skin friendly bands, tho, if I decide to keep it. I normally keep track of my hr when on the treadmill, so don’t know how annoying it will be to have to swipe to see it instead of just looking down. (Not using treadmill right now)