Hitless? OH! HIIT/LISS! 8/27

aakaakaak
aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training

LISS: Low Intensity Steady State
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_slow_distance

Learn the differences between the two and do one or the other today.

HIIT
Insanity
Wind Sprints
Etc.

LISS
Slow Jogging/Fast Walking
Long Bike Rides
Etc.

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Thank you.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    YES!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! I love it. I am going to try a HIIT workout on FitnessBlender later this week. I will let you guys know how I do. Usually HIIT workouts make me so tired I can barely breath! But they work and are usually shorter thank GOD!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    I'm pretty sure that everything I'm doing is either high or moderate intensity, the athletic conditioning classes and training with Super Trainer fall under interval training (AC is especially HIIT since we're doing the class in the Hurt Locker for the next couple weeks)
    Seeing how the metformin is effecting my system makes me think that everything is going to be high intensity since it appears to make me wide awake and twitchy
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Yes, Combat, Athletic Conditioning, Boxing, etc. are all generally HIIT. They're done in short bursts for the most part.

I might be the weirdo of the group and do some LISS later. Ride me a bike.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Sir Aak,
    I will be doing the Leisurely Ride (ie I'm in class but just pedaling at a consistent easy pace with just enough resistance to make it feel like a real bike ride) today in RPM rather than the intervals (still adjusting to the new meds and some of these side effects are killer!) so you won't be the only one doing LISS and I will see about AC tonight, may have to skip again because of the side effects.
    Thanks for the info about Combat AC and Pump being HIIT, I wasn't sure if they were or not
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    I did this today with my Turbo Jam video. I felt like I was going to pass out.

14877786.png