Thoughts?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I asked my puppy what he thought and he looked at me for a second before licking his butt.

I think he was trying to tell me that I shouldn't preoccupy myself with arbitrary, fictional, situations; especially ones that group a wide variety of individuals into oversimplified packs and then base my actions on that in an attempt to attract as many men as possible.

He might also be telling me that if I show interest in a guy and he pulls away, his reasoning doesn't matter because all it means is that we're not compatible and I should turn my attentions to someone else with more potential.

That or his *kitten* itches.

It was really unclear.
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    Dating is not that complicated, quit making it that way..

Have you tried dating lately??

It's a minefield out there!!! :noway:

^^ THIS!!! ^^
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I asked my puppy what he thought and he looked at me for a second before licking his butt.

I think he was trying to tell me that I shouldn't preoccupy myself with arbitrary, fictional, situations; especially ones that group a wide variety of individuals into oversimplified packs and then base my actions on that in an attempt to attract as many men as possible.

He might also be telling me that if I show interest in a guy and he pulls away, his reasoning doesn't matter because all it means is that we're not compatible and I should turn my attentions to someone else with more potential.

It was really unclear.

I literally just LOL'ed at work. That was great for a Friday afternoon. Thanks Kit.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

It was really unclear.

I hope your puppy becomes more definitive when he is older. If not, you obviously picked the wrong breed.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Dating is not that complicated, quit making it that way..

Have you tried dating lately??

It's a minefield out there!!! :noway:

Yea, actually I have.

I promise you, it's not difficult.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

Agreed!! I don't think it matters "why" someone pulls away either. It could be a million reasons. Even though I had to learn this the hard way because I recently HAD to know why, after I thought about it--Would it make you (in general) feel better if the other person ran off a list of reasons why she/he's not into you? I know I certainly wouldn't want to do that to someone. Even if they ask why I pulled away, I'd probably just say "I just don't think we're compatible" in the nicest way possible. If they still ask why, they still won't get a specific answer. I'm not going to tell a guy he "talks too much, is too skinny/too fat, too tall/too short, too much facial hair/doesn't talk enough" and list his faults. That's the person he is, and I'm the person I am. If it doesn't work the other person isn't going to magically change and mold into who you want them to be, and you can't do that either.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options

In my experience it's not about the chase, maybe a little, but we don't lose interest only because a woman shows interest. We lose interest because when a woman begins to show interest she starts acting all cray cray and will freak out if you haven't texted her back within 5 minutes or something to that extent. It starts getting weird and stops being fun.

This is a large part of it. Women who show interest back are great. However we don't ask nor expect you to adopt our lifestyle. I expect a woman in my life to have a life independent of what I'm doing and our common ground is what brings us together. I'm all about people bettering themselves with their other half, but when you're no longer the person I fell for in the first place, that's a big issue. The guy you're interested in will let you know what things are important to be there for, keeping a sense of your unique self and independence are super important to relationships (IMO). Also, chilling out on text response times, social media spying and why they didn't talk to you for 4 hrs on the phone last night go a long ways. That tip goes for both sides

Most of the time I pull away are for my own reasons and not something the girl did or didn't do. I know my red flags and I stick to them. I don't believe in continuing a relationship just to avoid being lonely, I'll put distance there and back out politely if I know "she's not the one" from an early stage.