I forgot about the community pages!

Options
I've been trying to be good about logging into my Food and Fitness diary on a regular basis...and I've been succeeding for the most part (there are days though....LOL). I can see where my weak points are and where I need to improve, and I've been sort of doing so, although there's slipping back into old habits...I can see that my calorie consumption on a 'regular' day is in the maintenance sort of range for calories and that also explains why I can maintain a weight for ages, but have a hard time losing...so I've been trying to up my activities from a 3-4 times a week walk with the dogs, to adding in some other things (like using the stationary bike.

The weight, it was coming off, SLOWLY (total turtle track ;) ) but because old habits have me eating stuff (or drinking stuff) that pops my calorie intake up the weight loss came to a halt. But I keep on trying and getting back up and buckling down and 'let's make this work"

I've long been someone who avoids fast food, except for when necessary (on the road spot of thing or hubby 'just really wants some") I keep sugar down, only have a soda once in a blue moon (and even then started drinking seltzers for when I really want something fizzy - although every once in a while I love to have a cold Coca Cola!) I cook/prepare most meals, prepared foods aren't really part of our diet (again, except on occasion); and I was doing 20-30 minutes of moderate speed walking 3-4 times a week - so I thought I was doing "all the right things" but I wasn't keeping track of anything and I knew there was some non-mindful eating happening. So I joined My Fitness Pal so that I would have the logs and reports available and help see what I needed to improve upon (protein, nutrients and iron need to be amped up a bit).

Just really checking in, because I loved the concept of this group...I saw the creator was taking a break, but hoped maybe there's still some posting, etc.

Wondering what folks turn to to help them keep their activity up during the winter months...I have a stationery bike, but that's it for indoor equipment...an exercise ball and free weights (dumbbells of various weights) I also have some exercise DVDs I may blow the dust off. I'd love to get a treadmill, but space and budget is keeping that off the table....although I saw a concept 2 type indoor rower for under 300 that I am coveting and is on my Christmas list (former crew rower).

I'll try not to forget the social aspect of this journey for so long :D

best wishes everyone! and keep on! <3

Replies

• Skyler103
    Skyler103 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey there, it's been a while since you posted this! This is the first time I've checked in in a bit. You sound much the same as me. I prep most food and eat out very little, but have had a hard time maintaining a loss. Mostly because of my vacations. I'll lose 5 and go on vacation and gain it back. I do feel pretty good about having maintained my weight for a year after having quit smoking, but it sure seems like I've done a lot of work to have no progress in a year.

I've decided if I'm going to have these vacations that involve so much eating, that I'm going to have to be much better when I'm home. So, I've started eating back fewer of my workout calories.

Good luck to you if you're still at it. I'll try to friend you on here.