Welcome to the group - please introduce yourself

Valpinglow
Valpinglow Posts: 31 Member
Hello and thank you for joining this group. I am so happy you are here.

This group offers support, advice, and encouragement to women living with arthritis and other inflammatory conditions who want to lose weight, fight inflammation, and stay active even after other pills, plans, and potions have failed them in the past.

My name is Valerie. I am a Nurse Educator and Certified Health Coach. I have lived with arthritis for many years and strive to maintain my active lifestyle. Almost 20 years ago, my primary care provider told me I should just "relax and put my feet up" when my knee x-ray showed arthritis. I was an avid hiker and backpacker and just putting my feet up the rest of my life was not an option.

This began my quest to find ways to slow down the progression of this disease and keep my joints healthy. However, I found much of the available information was confusing and conflicted.

I completed my Master's in Nursing in 2018. This degree taught me how to critically evaluate the available scientific evidence. I have been able to amass a wealth of science-based ways to reduce inflammation as well as tools that help me stick to a healthy lifestyle.

Please share a little bit about yourself below. Please also let me know what you are hoping to get out of this group.

Please also consider joining my Facebook group for women with arthritis. https://facebook.com/groups/womenwitharthritisbestlife