Breastfeeding and Covid

Options
Hi! New to the group. I wanted to see if anyone else was still using this page. I'm having a hard time finding good support groups locally with COVID rampant in some parts of the country. I'm finally comfortable getting back in the gym/on the trails. Curious if there are any other covid-pandemic-breastfeeding-mamas out there! What have been your struggles and triumphs during this time?

Replies

• mama2twoluvbugs
    mama2twoluvbugs Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I'm just starting back out after having my baby girl in May. honestly its been a struggle to get going again due to just the mere lack of time being a solo mom to 6 kids and working full time. its so much easier to grab pizza on the way home then it is to meal prep. My day starts at 5 am ends...well never since I'm up every hour breastfeeding the baby...I feel like she nurses more at night because I am away from her 8-10 hrs a day for work. working out is another tough part for me because...when? waking up earlier is out of the question as I get so very little sleep to begin with. I work in an office so aside from short walks I try to fit in during my work day, I'm behind a desk. by the time I get home, its dinner time, I have to cook, feed and then help with homework, get in baths and bedtime, then once all the kids are in bed, I have to try and pick up the house, stay on top of laundry and maybe sneak in a shower if I'm lucky...I hate making excuses but I'm legitimately clueless, so right now I'm really just trying to work on my food choices. Nixing obvious carbs like pasta, sugar, white rice, flour, and anything processed...no one gets or stays fat on whole foods, right? and can my daily Ranch on my salad really stop me from losing when I have 200 to loose? I'm just rambling now but anyway, I'm here....