November 7

Options
13»

Replies

• slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,980 Member
    Options
    Used my first Pass Day for the month yesterday. It was just one of those kind of Sundays. It was raining for one thing, and secondly, DH was gone for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Being home alone sometimes sets off a switch in my brain that I can "cheat" a little without anyone watching! >:) So even though I hadn't eaten any candy since Halloween, I found myself grabbing the bag of leftover candy and helping myself to several pieces. Thankfully it's the really mini pieces so not quite as many calories as the snack size. I know I could have tracked the candy (and also estimated the number of almonds I ate as well), but I got lazy and decided it would be a Pass Day.

I did get in some exercise though, and it probably stopped me from continuing to eat. I walked 60 minutes on our treadmill.

The rest of the day's eating was pretty much normal and in control, so that's probably why surprisingly enough, my weight stayed the same this morning from yesterday. I am just 0.2 lbs away from being where I was before I indulged on candy and pizza on Halloween.

Oh, speaking of veggies, we've been having a lot of roasted veggies lately. Last night was purple carrots from DH's garden (they are so tasty and sweet!) and pumpkin. Our church youth group had been selling pumpkins as a fundraiser, and after Halloween there were several of the small pie pumpkins left so DH bought several of those for us to roast. We have also been enjoying roasted beets from DH's garden. But between the purple carrots and the beets my fingers get very stained, LOL! :D

Very cute grandbabies, @Mrs_Hoffer !
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes
    Calories and tracking no
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,772 Member
    Options
    yes for 3
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 20 minutes walking
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ()

I am doing a liberalized low carb diet (trying to keep net carbs below 100 grams) so I am not eating as much fruit as a used to. I generally have a cup of strawberries in a smoothie each day. However, I am eating more vegetable especially now that I have a higher percentage of fat in my diet. I love to saute things like onions and cabbage in olive oil. It still feels decadent to me after my years of low fat dieting. For me, the trick is to buy enough vegetables and plan to prepare them--- today we bought a new vegatable to try-- napa cabbage, because the bok choy we went to buy looked wilted. We are trying to try new vegetable recipes. The other thing that helps me is to be willing to spend the extra to buy the vegetables fresh and sometimes semi-prepared-- like bags of romaine, cauliflower and brocolli florets, green beans, spinach etc. Those are just some of the veggies I bought this morning and then my husband and I try to make sure we do not let them go to waste. We try to let our tendency to want to save money work for us instead of against us.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,498 Member
    Options
    Pass day #3. :/

This is my first UAC and I'm sad to have already taken my 3rd pass day already. My Apple watch tells a happy story of closing all my rings everyday for almost 2 months. This is the first time I've really buckled down and filled out my food diary even on the bad days and have done that for 2 months as well. The sadness (frustration?) comes from knowing that just a few days of over calorie eating (and not even that excessive unless the estimations are way off) can bring back on the pounds. Logically, I know about water weight gain, salty foods, etc. and it isn't fat gain that is happening. Do I have to be hyper vigilant with my diet forever???

Okay, pity party over. Back to work.

Hi @enlightenme3 !

Welcome to UAC! Please be kind to yourself. It often takes 1-3 months for folks to change habits/routines & make UAC work for them!

I also want to validate your feelings. It dies feel great to vanquish our overeating, and, at the same time, it takes some time to come to terms with what it will take to maintain.

Things that help:
    1. A really compelling reason why you want to be slimmer. Sometimes called your “Big Why or Ultimate Why.” This is invaluable for catching any minor gain & stopping, then turning around the scale creep.

2. I have maintained for 3 years and am now at my few pounds up for the 2nd time. Am I proud of this? No. Am I beating myself up? No. Be Kind to Yourself. Always.

3. Obesity (which I was) is a “chronic, relapsing disease.” Wow, that bummed me out when I read it, but then overtime, it made me strengthen my resolve. I was going to have to do things others don’t have to to maintain (I was also able to stop the pity party when I read 78% of Americans are overweight or obese.) Even with these couple of pounds, I’m not overweight. I’m not. I’m beating the relapse. Take a Warrior Stance.

4. Accept that for many, that is what maintenance is. Slow gain, catch it, lose. Repeat. I have about an 18 month cycle that goes up a couple of pounds and then I battle it back down slowly. For many of us, that is the nature of the beast.

5. Many disagree with me, but I find maintenance Much Easier than losing because I’m not hungry, I’m healthy, & can now be much more active!

6. Figure out - through trial & error what works for YOU! Some folks need volume. Some need fats (me). Some need protein. Some need 1 meal or 3 or 6 mini-meals, or fast days etc. Basically if we eat too much, what is the easiest way for YOU to keep that little overage down. For me it was a big breakfast, medium lunch, and two small 1/2 dinners. Almost no one else I know does this. Figure out what works with your life, exercise timing, past habits, etc. (I used to be a big lunch & big late dinner person.)

7. You CAN do this❣️

PS since I’m at the battling time at the moment, your post really resonated with me.
    #NeverGiveUp

Thank you @MadisonMolly2017 for the encouragement and sharing your insights on what happens at maintenance. I read your points a couple of times, and they ALL really resonated with me. I'm not there yet (still have about 20-30 pounds before I think I'll be at a comfortable maintenance weight), but I did have a big rain cloud over my head this morning thinking about the level of work we all put in to make sure we eat at the right calorie level, balance our macros, etc. to lose weight and was this something that would have to continue forever just to maintain. It occupies a large portion of my headspace that I was hoping it might free up over time.

Like I said in my intro post, I'm ready to continue the work because my health is my job! Thank you again for taking the time to respond.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    November 7, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain/work on this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (5 days "nuts" free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (5 days)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3
    May 8/3
    June 6/3
    July 8/3
    August 6/3
    Sept-oct fell off

2x yes

1/3
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Just keep reporting! We're glad to be seeing you again.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Craziness took over. But I stuck with all three.
    I worked out for 45 minutes (I usually keep Sunday as a rest day).
    I tracked and kept (barely) within my calories.

@montanamom1 Terrific job staying the course, even when craziness takes over!!!! Kudos!!! :smile:
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

• StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 618 Member
    Options

Date: 11/7

Exercised ?: YES I went for low hanging fruit here. I made up mind and did housework for 20 min

Calories ? YES

Tracked? YES