Hello people...

Options
Coolhand1969
Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
It's getting dead in here... someone say something...
:sad:

Please...
:flowerforyou:

I'm trying really hard to find where I left that motivation... I think I'm on the verge of finding it... someone kick me in the butt please.. :laugh:

Replies

• happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing!

Here is some motivation. I'm very competitive, who better to compete with than myself. I'm challenging myself to burn more calories.

Week ending Aug 11th - I burned 4916 calories
    Week ending Aug 18th - I burned 5298 calories

This week's goal is to burn - 4800 calories
    I've burned 2438 calories so far!!!

This makes me feel like Super Woman!
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It has been quiet in here! Coolhand, You can find that motivation. Tell us what your up to? I ran 6 miles around the canal DT this morning. I'm thinking I've got along way to go for the Monumental in Nov. but I'll do my best. In the mean time I just picked up a used road bike and have started logging some miles.

Anyone participating in upcoming events?
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm here!

I'm currently training (at the beginning of training) for doing the 500 Festival Half in May. Started by doing the Couch to 5K app. I'm doing Color Me Rad on Sept 14th. And I'm doing the Monumental 5K in November.

Anyone else doing either race? I only moved here in March, so I still don't know much about Indy. I also barely live in Indy -- live outside Zionsville.

You can do it Coolhand! It might be hiding under the couch. That's where I found mine last time XD
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    It has been quiet in here! Coolhand, You can find that motivation. Tell us what your up to? I ran 6 miles around the canal DT this morning. I'm thinking I've got along way to go for the Monumental in Nov. but I'll do my best. In the mean time I just picked up a used road bike and have started logging some miles.

Well, I got a couple miles in on the treadmill at lunchtime Tuesday, and intend to get some more in today.. I'm occasionally getting some cycling in also.. Besides the Trek 7.1 hybrid or flat bar road bike that I normally ride, I'm in the midst of restoring a pair of '78 Schwinn Continental II road bikes that my aunt and uncle gave my wife and I... I think they're about 1.5 times the weight of our modern hybrids, and the gearing isn't even in the same ballpark... but hey, they'll be fun for a change of pace...
    I got some motivation from work yesterday... we got a small preview of the new insurance system for us next year where a lot of it is based on your health.. and my boss told us that they told him a lot of it was going to be BMI based... so, that gives me motivation to finish losing my weight and get my BMI down into the normal range.. (all my other health indicators this year were good)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Sounds like the bikes will give you great motivation and sounds like you love it! My work gives us a big discount on our insurance if we complete a Biometric screening each year and I always am curious what my true BMI is going to be!

You can do it! Go INDY! lol
  • kathyazach
    kathyazach Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello? (echo), glad to see there are ppl still alive on this forum. We certainly have plenty of members, but everyone must be having fun this summer and too busy to chat.

We are organizing a bike ride for our town festival coming up Sept 20th. Frankton Heritage Days (heritagedays.org) has all the info and signup sheet, although we aren't too fancy yet so no online signup, but you can email me the form if you like.

Hope everyone is have a great summer and glad to hear there are at least a few ppl still on here willing to chat!
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Still here. I had to change my handle at the suggestion of some others. Apparently there are some weirdo stalkers that inhabit the internetz. Who knew?!

I've spent the summer running in different parks in Indianapolis. So far the top three are Ft. Ben, Southeastway Park and the the Monon between Carmel and Broad Ripple.

Southeastway Park is my favorite. It's a bit out of the way but it seemed the least crowded and the best maintained. No weird old men sitting in their cars and no kids loitering about smoking and whatnot.
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'm still here. I've switched my training up a bit. I'm less focused on running and have been doing the Strong Lifts program. My weight is up 5lbs r so but my waist is smaller and my body fat % is now in the single digits.

I'm also doing a low carb diet (for me). Carbs below 100 but high protein. I'm giving it 6 weeks so we'll see what happens.
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Anyone going to Warmfest this weekend?
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Anyone going to Warmfest this weekend?

What's Warmfest? Link?

There are some good sales at BGI and REI that I plan on attending... ;)
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    http://lineup.warmfest.org/

Whipstitch Sallies are pretty awesome. Hyryder is ok but can be a little self indulgent. Wkiskeybent Valley Boys are a lot of fun. I don't know about the rest of the acts but my intuition senses some hipster pretense in the mix.
  • cassi9879
    cassi9879 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I guess you can describe it as a music festival in Broad Ripple Park. www.warmfest.org
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    http://lineup.warmfest.org/

Whipstitch Sallies are pretty awesome. Hyryder is ok but can be a little self indulgent. Wkiskeybent Valley Boys are a lot of fun. I don't know about the rest of the acts but my intuition senses some hipster pretense in the mix.

I must be getting old... I don't think I recognized any of those bands...
  • Ebcanada
    Ebcanada Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Me neither Coolhand. I spent the weekend doing absolutely nothing! It was nice but Tuesday I will be back at it as I signed up for Bloomington Patriot Challenge this coming weekend. It will be the first event Ive ever done by myself...looking forward to seeing how well I can place overall. Anyone else signed up for this event?
  • aeverton
    Options
    I'm still here... plugging away... 3-5 days of weight training, riding my bike at least 2 times a week, running 2 times a week and swimming 2 times a week. I miss my yoga, but I don't want to let anything else go.

Angie
  • npeery
    npeery Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm here! I'm just introverted and don't say much. I have to admit that I have been disappointed in the lack of participation from my friends list lately.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I'm here!

I'm currently training (at the beginning of training) for doing the 500 Festival Half in May. Started by doing the Couch to 5K app. I'm doing Color Me Rad on Sept 14th. And I'm doing the Monumental 5K in November.

Anyone else doing either race? I only moved here in March, so I still don't know much about Indy. I also barely live in Indy -- live outside Zionsville.

You can do it Coolhand! It might be hiding under the couch. That's where I found mine last time XD

I'm planning on doing the monumental mini-marathon.
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    I'm doing the Color me Rad, too! :)
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    I'm doing the Color me Rad, too! :)

Did you get the groupon for it?
  • loriaqui
    loriaqui Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Still hanging around here...entered a transformation contest this summer. Placed 5th! Entered the next one for a 'calendar spot'. Wish me luck!