Where are you at in your weight loss journey?

Options
simply_shawnmarie
simply_shawnmarie Posts: 23 Member
edited October 2021 in Social Groups
I have spent all of my adult life trying to lose weight. I had this belief that I was meant to be a certain weight, but anytime I got close, I gave up. I had many fears. I was afraid of who I would be. I was afraid of how I would maintain the weight.

But after nearly giving up and finding myself pregnant with my second, I knew that I couldn't give up. I had zero motivation, but this deep, quiet whisper in my head said, "try again. this is the last time. I promise". So I tried again. after giving birth, after 1 month I was 20 pounds down (lost all the baby weight) after 2 months I was 10 more pounds down, and at 3 months postpartum, I was another 10 pounds down. And the best part. I don't feel like I am trying.

I want to share what I have learned with the world. The 1,000's of other people who are just tired of trying. watch "not trying" to get you there! Let's make the tail end of 2021 worth it.

So I ask, Where are you at in your weight loss journey?

Replies

• Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 386 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi ShawnMarie! Carole here. I live in the Boston area and just got a job at Mass General Brigham, starting this Monday, November 1st. {EEP!} It's time to get it back in gear! I've been up and down, weight-wise and otherwise, all my life. Now I'm journeying towards serenity! Current weight is about 165 and I would like to achieve a weight loss of at least 25 pounds by the first day of Spring, 2022. I'm sure I can succeed, but it always helps to have a little companionship and inspiration along the way! My highest weight was 217, back in 2008. I do NOT want to go back there! At 5', 3.5", my goal is to achieve and (most importantly) MAINTAIN a maximum weight of 142, which would put my BMI at 24.8; however, I prefer to get down to around 132-134. We shall see...!

I would love to hear more about your story and whatever you've learned along the way. For me, good nutrition and regular, sustained activity are absolutely KEY! I have also given up alcohol completely, since it does not help me at all!

I would like to lose at least 12 lbs. by the end of this year. It's definitely doable at an average of ~1.333 lb. loss per week. My regular weigh-in days are on Sundays but if you decide to have a different weigh-in day (that's if we are reporting in), I am happy to record on that day as well.

Thanks for starting this group! I hope more will join as we near the home stretch of 2021!
    stalohcsa28c.jpg