Introductions

Options
Hi! I'm a 50yo diagnosed with high grade stage 3 ovarian cancer in 2019. After debulking and chemo I had a seven month remission (about 11 months shorter than I expected) then recurred. Six rounds later I had a partial response, meaning I have two tumors just hanging out waiting for their time. I am on Lymparza as maintenance therapy.

I am here because (1) I have pelvic floor dysfunction since my recurrence and (2) recent research shows exercise may slow tumor growth. Yay! for that! The study was done on prostate cancer patients and was a small sample size, but they think because of the methods used and the consistency with similar studies this would apply to all cancers. Right now I'm just walking, and not a lot, but it's a lot more than the 500 steps a day I was averaging! (Yikes! I work at home in a sedentary job.)

After discussing it with my oncologist, I personally am not on a plant based diet. I also don't support the idea eating sugar grows cancer. That doesn't mean I'm not trying to improve my eating habits though! Also obviously the healthier we eat the better we will feel. That said, you do you, and whatever you can eat, eat, especially if you're on chemo.

I hope you've decided to join. There are a lot of breast cancer groups and I'll love some company. 💚🦋