Introductions!

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Welcome to the November 2021 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and stay true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. We look forward to getting to know all of you a little better.

GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    WELCOME Nan! We look forward to getting to know you! Sometimes we need a few days to get the habit of checking into the group cemented in as a habit! :smile: I know I did when I first started!
  • klbaussie2
    klbaussie2 Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi, Everyone. My name is Kayne. I just found this challenge today (11/28), and I'm hoping it will help me lose the 30 lbs I need to discard. I have fought depression all my life, and find this is the one obstacle I have had trouble overcoming. Especially in the evenings, when boredom sets in to boot. I will be back on December 1, if I remember, if not then December 2. I'm also fighting some other issues, but they can wait.

Looking forward to meeting all of you, and getting the support I need. I may even be able to provide some support for someone else.

Kayne
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Hi, I'm Caroline. I've been part of the UAC since September and have found it to be so helpful! I have learned so much and felt so supported by this wonderful group.

I first began my weight loss journey right after college in 2004 - I had gained quite a bit in college, and I did weight watchers and learned a lot about nutrition and lost the weight. I then kept it off with careful attention until 2011, when I got pregnant.

I had a rough pregnancy with a lot of nausea and could only eat white foods, but had to eat constantly to keep the nausea at bay. I gained over half my body weight. I tried to lose after I had my daughter, but with breastfeeding and caring for a young baby and then trying to get pregnant again, I really couldn't. My second pregnancy I was better medicated for the nausea and didn't gain nearly as much weight, so ended that pregnancy the same weight as the prior one. Again really wanted to lose weight, but couldn't with breastfeeding and caring for young children and also an older dog.

Eventually the kids got a bit older, I weaned the baby, the dog died, and in May 2019 I switched jobs and took 3 weeks off in between. I used that time as a reset and started an exercise program (MommaStrong) and started eating better - not tracking calories, just trying to make good choices. I lost quite a bit of weight that way and then plateaued over the summer of 2020.

In February of 2021 I started tracking my calories on MFP, and lost a bit more weight that way but then plateaued again. In September 2021 I joined UAC and have lost a bit more weight.

I have lost around 25 pounds since May 2019, and have about 10 pounds left until I am in "maintenance," though it depends when I call it.

Right now I am in a bit of a break, with calories set to maintenance since Thanksgiving and for another week for Hanukkah. I wanted to enjoy the seasonal treats but also just felt like my body and my mind were getting a bit burnt out. I am still planning and tracking and exercising. I am feeling like Monday I will be ready to reset my calories to weight loss level and come back to that with renewed energy - though December is generally a hard month for any real weight loss.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Been with UAC for a year and really feel like this group has helped me in so many ways. I hve lost 24kgs and now in maintaince trying to tone up a bit more. Started daily early morning jogging, stretching, , tracking grazing calories, meditation and Journaling in the month of November and hoping to continue with these habits in December. Look forward to another month with you all. Best of luck guys. Xox