December 24

Options
2»

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    A very quiet day did some “backyard” walking are light snacked a bit but tracked going to take dogs out soak in the tub and crawl in bed Merry Christmas everyone

Thanks for all the get better wishes for the Covid house 😷

I’m so sorry you all are going through this. Many wishes for Speedy & Complete recovery. Hugs
    ✅✅✅

2️⃣ Pass days left.

Was planning a pass day tomorrow, but our family get together has been called off, as 2 members are isolating. They were in contact with people who tested positive.
    We think one of the passengers on G/daughter’s the flight home must have tested positive as she got pinged this morning.
    One of G/son’s housemates tested positive on Tues.
    They had to get PCR tests done. Results aren’t back yet.

Things are up in the air for so many people.

Be mindful of your blessings.

@TerriRichardson112
    Oh my! It seems every way I look: here, FB, IG, and all my online art groups have rampant Covid. I haven’t seen anything like this throughout COVID.

I am sending positive thoughts that your DGD & DGS are not impacted.

Hugs.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    Yes for 3
    1/3 pass days used
    Merry Christmas.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,371 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Dec 24

Exercise: o:) (8901steps by midnight - fit bit added more than 250 activity-calorie credits to my log)
    Logged: o:) everything ( a light day in anticipation of TurkeyFest tomorrow_ )
    In Goal: o:) all in and no exercise calories eaten
    The drawing update will be posted by Boxing Day (needed time to finish the dusting, and then decorate our tree .... )
    za0djqicqc0b.jpg

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    • Treadmill: 31 min / 1.79 mi
    • Full body warm up 5 min
    • Day 10 of EPIC II - POWERFUL full body workout (+ cool down) 65 min
    Pass Days: 3/3

Added the treadmill today along with my EPIC workout for a few extra exercise calories and used nearly all of them. But I'm happy to say it was a 3x yes day.
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Pass day 3/3
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 60 minutes on the Peloton
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No

Pass days used - 2 (Dec 3, Dec 24)
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Exercise: walked and walked and walked
    Calories: way under
    Tracked: even the Starbies
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    12/24

Exercise: 87 minutes mountain biking, 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under

Pass days used: 0
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options
    ~🎄~ 12 / 24 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🤶🏼~~ Merry Christmas Eve ~BLESSings ALLways ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 180+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 22, 640 +.......... 180 walking .........

WOOOOHOOOOO.... Doing 90 min. early morning walking along
    with a couple 45 min. walks while baking ... really paid off... I was
    able to splurge a bit for Christmas Eve AND Still stayed on Track!!!

Christmas... will be easy getting up at 5 am to do comp & 90min walk
    before the festivities

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    taurie wrote: »
    Arc2Arc wrote: »
    Mindfulness to me relates to a life shift, an awakening if you will, I had a number of years ago. A female friend got exasperated with me and gave me the following: "why are you men so afraid of your feelings?" She said we don't even understand what they are. I asked her if that really applied to all men and only men. She said, well, it applies to you.

She then said: "feelings are merely the means by which your subconscious mind communicates with your conscious mind. That's all they are. That's why they exist. Your subconscious mind is an amalgamation of your natural instincts and life experiences. And it's making most of your decisions for you and you don't even know it. Instead you block that process as if it would make you less masculine or weak. Let me ask you...who's stronger, a person who taps into a useful even essential mechanism we have or one who kowtows to societal norm and in so doing becomes weaker?"

She then referred me to some resources which helped me understand this better. Our feelings can be a goldmine. Identifying them can illuminate the path to self care, change and the reconciliation of past wounds. On a daily basis, they're a check-in as to what's going on inside us and the more turbulent our surroundings the more helpful they can be.

I lay this out in case this is useful to others here, my approach is just one of many ways to be mindful. But it's my approach to mindfulness and it's been a great contributor to a better path.

Such an amazing and insightful post. Please share any resources you would recommend.

Thank you. And Merry Christmas!

The resources I relied on were through an organization called Pathwork. Pathwork is based on a series of lectures along with groups and counselors who guide people along the way. The lectures themselves are cloaked in what on the surface seems like religious terms, but their value isn't based on religion. They're difficult and slow to read and require some translation. Despite those difficulties the lectures are incredibly enlightened, the closest thing I've seen to an owner's manual for the human mind and soul. My summary was just that. There's a winding road involved in extracting much of Pathwork's value.

If I haven't already dissuaded you, and I hope I haven't, below is a link for Pathwork, the organization and the lectures. I'd suggest reading Chapter 1, from there I could make additional suggestions. If you have interest there may be a Pathwork group in your area, they exist around the world. Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have.

https://pathwork.org/

That said...

Exercise - X. Still on the DL.
    ✅- Calories
    ✅-Tracking

6 Pass days used.

Have a wonderful day and congratulations for being here. :-)))

• oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    DEC 22-24 - Pass days
    Exercise ❎
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,061 Member
    Options
    December 24
    ✅✅✅
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Pass day #11
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    12/24/2021

Exercise? Yep
    Tracking? Nope
    Calories? Hahahahaha!

Tonight was our Christmas celebration. My son came down from Phoenix, my daughters had a friend come over. I made out like a bandit, including GCs, a new laptop (YAY!!!), and a ticket to a showing of one of my favorite movies, "The Princess Bride," with a live Q&A with Cary Elwes. Much to my shock, the ticket also includes a meet and greet with Cary Elwes. All I had to say to my kids was "As you wish..." Hahahaha! We followed dinner and gifts with a walk through Winterhaven, a local neighborhood known for its holiday decorations. Haven't run or been out on my bike in a couple of weeks. That needs to change. As does my dedication to tracking. And the absolutely necessary changes to the way I've started eating again.

• bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Exercise: :)
    Tracking: :(
    Calories: :(
    Pass Day 6