December 10

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Today I’d like to bring up an aspect of weight loss or maintenance that is rarely discussed, but in my opinion may be Number 1.

If we use food to celebrate, cheer ourselves up, reward ourselves for working too hard, fun, socialize, etc.

Then, to maintain, it seems to me we need to develop & practice other ways to do these things.

It can feel selfish.
    It can seem harder than just (over-eating) at least initially.
    It can take a while to figure out.

So, I realized when I overeat, I eat faster,?take higher bites, often stand at counter. Very different than my focus & savoring regular eating, seated.

Seems I wanted/needed mindlessness.

So overtime, I came up with other activities:
    Random stitching with scraps of fabric, lace, thread, beads
    Decluttering a drawer or shelf or art room
    Long walks in the woods
    iPhone photography
    Short, timed fiction writing
    Emptying the dishwasher/cleaning kitchen
    Watching a tv show or frivolous movie in bed (very decadent & it works when I am beat)
    Sipping hot tea
    Hand watering my succulents
    Learning a new art technique on-line (lately fabric dyeing)
    Re-reading TinTin books
    Calling a friend or family
    Posting on UAC
    4-5-7 breathing

I am generally a very productive person, but I’ve realized when I get too busy, I eat thinking incorrectly that it will give me more energy.

Rest, fun, even dare I say it, being lazy for 10 minutes can make All the difference.

What are you doing these days to fill yourself up without food?

How are you caring for yourself so you can care for others & meet your longterm goals?

It seems lazy, but I find I get much more
    Done after some self-care that it more than makes up for it.

Not to mention, it’s NOT lazy, it’s not selfish, it’s SELF-CARE, which may be the secret to maintenance.

This may well be the most important post I’ve ever written.

Best,
    🌸Maddie

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    stella7x7 wrote: »
    12/10
    Wow where did this week go, I'm sorry I missed posting this week.
    Exersize all week yes
    Caleries all week yes
    Logged all week yes
    I just had my 6wk post op, I'm down 18.8lbs since surgury. 12.6 in. Off my diabetic meds and going off my BP meds tomorrow.
    Self care is,I doing crosstich, play scrabble on my phone, do fb, take walks.
    Have a great weekend.

Stella - you are doing so well and I am so happy for you! Way to go in continuing to keep the three UAC commitments and challenging yourself through what, I am sure, has been a trying time post surgery. Off your diabetic meds and now the BP meds — be so proud of yourself! 🌟🌟🌟

@stella7x7
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Off topic - but I committed to post my avg weight in a spoiler this month to hold myself accountable and keep me focused on my goal of an avg weight of 195 by Christmas.
    Dec 2 - 197.4
    Dec 4 - 196.8
    Dec 7 - 196.3
    Dec 10 - 195.7

All 3 yeses today

Pass days : 1/3

Self care - well, right now I plan to polish my fingernails so they look nice for a party tomorrow. And the bonus is that I can’t graze with wet nails!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    @donna25trinity: sorry to hear about those pains. I hope they've subsided!
    @MadisonMolly2017: thanks for your post. I enjoyed reading and reflecting on your points.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    December 10, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (8 day -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (8 days)

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Friday December 10

How are we possibly one third of the way through December?!? 😳 This month is flying past.

🌟 Tracked it all
    🌟 Close but under calories (and did not eat any exercise calories)
    🌟 Exercise went well today — 65 minute walk outdoors with the bounding pup; stretches and core workout. Steps at 10,0000+ and the day is not done. 🥰

Thanks for the opening post @MadisonMolly2017 — thinking about this today. I have been super busy so far in December with Board and committee work, finishing Christmas gifts and online holiday shopping, and final rehearsals and two performances of The Messiah. No wonder the month has flown by! Final parcels go off tomorrow.

I love the idea of doing my nails @biketheworld and you are right! You can’t graze and snack with wet nails.
    Beauregard at 15 months. A total character and at 67 pounds a force of loving nature. He thinks he is a lap dog (that is my husband under him). 😂😂😂😂

9whlwzyvzg80.jpeg

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    @donna25trinity: sorry to hear about those pains. I hope they've subsided!
    @MadisonMolly2017: thanks for your post. I enjoyed reading and reflecting on your points.

Thank you @ForLangston.

Perhaps it is more of a post for maintainers (when we don’t have the endorphin hits of the scale going down) & need to figure put sustained methods with which to motivate ourselves.

I hope it’s helpful to you!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,557 Member
    Options
    Pass day 1 I spent it at the office no time for exercise and pizza for dinner