Options

Replies

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,210 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Thursday December 9

✅✅✅

Set my calorie and macro levels in consultation with my dietician. Each month she reviews my numbers and rate of loss. Perhaps we’ll be making some tweaks at the visit next week?

Julie
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    12/9

Exercise: 35 minutes stationary bike, 30 minutes elliptical, 45 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under

Pass days used: 0
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,521 Member
    Options
    ~🎄~ 12 / 9 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🤶🏼~~ Welcome to December ~BLESSings ALLways ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 230+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 30,280+.......... 200 walking ........ 30 min. house cleaning....

How I chose my Healthy Calories Range...
    at my age now... I know my metabolism is low or non existent, compared to
    what it used to be... For me to lose weight I need to... Walk (exercise) a lot
    & stay within 1000-1200 calories range... even when it says I earned more...
    (on Holidays & special occasions I will add what they say & stay under)
    I am looking forward to reaching my healthy goal range ... I am almost there
    when I reach... to maintain... I plan to keep the healthy calories range, and
    then cut back on my walks... & using some of that time for crafting....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,989 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
    Walking and a little stretching
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Yes to exercise, tracking and calories!
    3 pass days used so far (I think). I will double check if I don’t need a 4th
    I used loseit’s guide for my height and weight which gives me 1600 plus exercise
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @LazyBlondeChef - Sounds like you are dialing in to a sweet spot of exercise level and calories to avoid hunger but still be in a slight deficit. That's awesome!

Congrats on the great day @BMcC9

@Arc2Arc - You're doing fantastic, keep going!

Way to go getting all 3 @biketheworld

Very nice day @jmu1965

@ashleycarole86 - Very insightful of you to create that spreadsheet when your weight loss exceeded your MFP target! Absolutely fabulous results!

Maintaining beats gaining @seilidhe congrats!

Your approach is obviously working very well @slimtastesbetter Best wishes on your 5k this weekend!

...which reminds me... I hope your IT band issue is better @mshawski ahead of that race you had planned! Best wishes either way as you've done incredibly well working on your running these last few months and I hope that continues for you!

Woo-hoo @Mama530 that's a great looking day!

@jamcnewman I think that is fantastic how you have such a nice plan and routine with a dietician. I am especially impressed at how diligently you follow their advice! That is surely not something many actually do, but then again you're awesome 😎

Another fantastic day @calvin20874

@Caroline_slowandsteady that was a very insightful reply! I think at some point a lot of us have to really look inside our behaviors and what we eat as part of finding that path to healthy maintenance. I guess in the end, healthy maintenance is that...being regularly healthy, and not regularly having many unhealthy behaviors. You always seem to have a thoughtful and careful approach, which is certainly ideal for such required changes! I've always been a "let's do this" kind of character. Has made this a journey of starts and stops, but done so that I took two steps forward and one step back. It's crazy, I know.

I love your consistency @DebyS137

Fantastic day @znaoiec

Awesome day @bookieNJ
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Excellent job @enlightenme3
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,362 Member
    Options
    12/09

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

Used 1 pass
    2 passes left

~~~~~~~~

December goals

- Miracle Morning daily.

- yoga and strength training at least 3x weekly (Strength training WILL happen this month)

- TRY having ZERO pass days

- No LNS daily, ONLY fruits

- Daily journaling
    These are my morning meditation sessions, Pete and Parker enjoy meditation too, lol
    wee443vve4ks.jpeg
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 90 minute workout split between walking, rowing machine, elliptical, and swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ( )

This topic is timely for me because I am in flux about my calorie goal as well as adjusting my ratio of macros. I met with a nutritionist for help with this last week-- she recommended a protein gram range and a carb range for me, and suggested I not allow myself more than a 500 per day calorie deficit. It appears I may have been undereating. I also just got myself a Fitbit which currently adds the exercise calories back in. So currently I have my budget set around my basal metabolism rate with the Fitbit adding extra to my goal for exercise. I am trying to come in very close to that 2-3 days a week, 500 below 2-3 days a week, and am doing 1-2 24 hour fasts per week (I fast from supper to supper, so on the days that I am only eating supper, I just make sure to get at least 500 calories, primarily good protein sources.)

I have only started the 24 hour fasts and have done only 2 days of it so far, but they were surprisingly easy as I am already ¨fat adapted¨ from the low carb dieting and shorter duration fasts that I do every day. I am extremely excited that my scale showed me I am already losing VISCERAL fat from those 24 hour fasts and my fasting blood sugar levels each morning are coming down into the normal range (which is my motivation for trying the fasting, due to what I have read about the benefits for metabolic syndrome, prediabetes and reversing fatty liver.)
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    09/12/2021
    Exercise – yes
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes
    Pass days – 0

@WhatMeRunning – this is very well timed thought for today – I have been considering this very point over the last few days.

I’m posting this on Friday evening here – which means I get to read lots of earlier posts. When I post on the correct evening, I’m one of the early responses.

As a little old lady my BMR is very low and TDEE at “sedentary” is only just over 1200 calories. So, in order to lose weight while obeying the MFP rule of not setting a goal under 1200 I had to do significant amount of exercise. Like @SummerSkier I could not lose weight on 1200 cals per day – especially since that makes no allowance for meals out, special occasions etc. In fact, while losing my calories were so often under 1200 that I never tried to "Complete" my diary as MFP would just tell me off!

When I reached my goal (50 kg or approx. 110 lb) I recalculated the numbers. By setting my activity as “moderate” I got a figure still somewhat less than 1,500 calories. As I am retired I can achieve moderate activity quite easily most days.
    So, I set my calories at 1,500 per day and I don’t add all my activity/exercise calories. I suppose my total calories average out at about 1,600 to 1,700 per day.
    This approach has worked well over the last 2 ½ years, I gained a kg or two over the summer/early autumn when I had several holidays but am now down again just below 50kg. But something isn’t working now – my weight dipped below 50 kg 3 weeks ago and I have been leaving 200 + calories on the table every day over those 3 weeks but my weight is stuck at 49.8 kg. I’m waiting another week or so before I change anything but it is puzzling me. I guess I’m either under-estimating my calorie intake or over-estimating my exercise calorie burn.
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,115 Member
    Options
    @mshawski rain is forecast for my 5K on Saturday too. Ugh, but at least they are saying it'll be a light rain... Glad I'm doing the 5K and not the 10K. Wish the temp was going to be 61 like yours, that would be wonderful! It's going to be 47 degrees (feels like 41) here in Seattle and 12 mph wind! Have a good race. :blush:
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Good luck @slimtastesbetter! 🍀🏃🏻‍♀️
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @LazyBlondeChef I was reading your post from a couple days back. Shhh. Don't tell anyone but I set my cals at 1050 for the entire time I was losing and MFP screamed at me and when I first joined the forums I did not know how verbotten that was to say to the larger group. But older, shorter, etc it was the only way for me to lose a pound a week. And I never felt excessively deprived even running the C25K program. I think it must be very frustrating for petite women to get told they will die if they eat less than 1200 calories. ;)

Yeah I didn't say it but I'm pretty sure I barely ate 1000 calories per day on average all those years I weighed in the 100-105lb range (roughly from age 20-50). While I'm 5'3" my bones are quite small (my wrists are like a childs), my legs are slender, I have small hips and excess weight was always in waist/bust and now is primarily in the waist. A long haul to get rid of it. Now that I'm hovering at 120ish even eating at that < 1200 range I'll be lucky to lose .25lbs per week.

I was surprised at all the negativity I got once when I posted about 1200 calories in the broader forum. Now I always include height/age/body type when mentioning it. It can be frustrating when you see people talk about 2000 calorie diets. I would be completely obese at that level. My top weight was a temporary 145 after a week of vacation (with daily drinking and high cal meals) but otherwise hovering at 140 last year which I hated because I felt pretty awful and uncomfortable in lower back/waist.

Anyway it's nice to see that you and @lesdarts180 can relate to me. Many people can't.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options

I know. Calvin has to be one of the most consistent posters here. I'm in awe. B)
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    @slimtastesbetter and @mshawski Wishing you both all the best on your runs tomorrow! 📣📣📣
  • jamcnewman
    Options

I know. Calvin has to be one of the most consistent posters here. I'm in awe. B)

Totally agree @LazyBlondeChef and @WhatMeRunning — way to go @calvin20874 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻