Replies

• dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Yes times 3- sorry, too late to type today, will try to do that tomorrow
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,997 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity - “the stand out for me would have to be learning that restrictive quick fix diets don't work instead they hve the opposite effect which results in self sabatage. So slow and steady covering the 3 UAC rules wins the race!!!”

I remember hearing once that the diet industry makes billions of dollars selling us “quick fixes” and next to nothing showing us how to maintain. That was a bit of an eye opener for me.
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    2. Something I learned LAST Christmas was to RE-GIFT all of the candies, chocolates, peppermints and christmas cookies ASAP! Yup! I was re-gifting fast and furious last year and when I looked back at my Libra app (just now), it shows that I LOST 6.2 lbs last December!!!! The idea of re-gifting was a real eye-opener for me!
    This is pure genius!

@TerriRichardson112 and @WhatMeRunning - your comments on maintenance were spot on. That whole concept was new to me too. I never before thought about it as being something to learn and practice.

@biketheworld Yep I remember that too. He he that was Heather that said that. Xo
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options
    ~🎄~ 12 / 7 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🤶🏼~~ Welcome to December ~BLESSings ALLways ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 230+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 30,120+.......... 150 walking ........ 50 shoveling snow ... 30 min. house cleaning....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer great idea too bad I wasn’t in the office as much anymore.

@snowshoe072 Kate, I was even giving things away to family/friends that came to my house (we were working from home 100% during COVID, so I was not in the office last year!) If a family member, neighbor or friend came by, they left with cookies or candy! (I did make sure they left with someone else's goodies, not the same goodies that they brought!) Lol.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Pammy757 wrote: »
    Dec 7

3 no's - I've got bulging disks in my low back that have flared up so I've been just laying around nursing my back. Been kinda discouraged today so haven't done any tracking but pretty sure I've gone over on calories.

This is day 4 so guess I'm out .

@Pammy757 Pam, just keep showing up and reporting, CHAMP!! It's also important to take care of yourself, so don't beat yourself up about it. Plan now to stick around for the rest of the month as "practice" for NEXT month's Winner's Circle! I hope you'll stay around and continue to get involved in the conversations - there's a wealth of knowledge in this group! <3
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Pammy757 wrote: »
    Dec 7

3 no's - I've got bulging disks in my low back that have flared up so I've been just laying around nursing my back. Been kinda discouraged today so haven't done any tracking but pretty sure I've gone over on calories.

This is day 4 so guess I'm out .
    I hope this clears up for you soon!

You're definitely not out! There are still 24 days remaining to make the champions list, and that's the best list to achieve month to month!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    If I look back to this past month plus, just about every one of my 8 pass days was some type of eating out, party, get together. I'd love to hear other people's strategies for that.
    I struggle with that too. I go in with good intentions but then I see/smell the food and all resolve disappears. One mantra I use that does help me, is to ask myself is how I’ll feel emotionally the next morning. Will I regret indulging? Will I be proud of myself for controlling myself? The more often I control myself and the more often I wake up with that feeling of pride and satisfaction, the easier it gets the next time. This isn’t always effective but has been helpful to me. I’ve been using it lately to control late night snacking.

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    ...the really big aha for me is that I don't manage my calories or portions very well in social situations. If I look back to this past month plus, just about every one of my 8 pass days was some type of eating out, party, get together. I'd love to hear other people's strategies for that...
    That's a tough one because of so many variables. Each person is different, each situation may be a bit unique, etc. But here are some things I have done, maybe using one or the other may help, or not, but at least it's some pointers.
    • For eating out, when possible look up the menu and nutritional info ahead of time and pre-log the meal. If there is no nutritional data available, you can make a best guess looking up online recipes for the dish, many online recipes have some nutritional data. You can also create your own recipe in MFP based off of how you feel the dish was prepared if it's something you may eat again frequently to try and get the most accurate logging possible.
    • Also for eating out, and I suspect this only works for me and not many others, I eat very simple stuff when I am at home. When I eat out I look for matching simple things. Sometimes that means ordering a-la-carte, like maybe a salmon filet and a side of simple veggies of some sort. A lot less mystery in those dishes and generally doesn't seem to throw me off track. Again, this may only work for me as I think most people can't *gasp* "literally exist" without ordering some complicated dish. It probably sounds alien, but I started learning to prepare "items" as tasty as possible on their own, and from there it grew into an array of "things" I eat as a meal, and I LOVE THEM and can eat them every day. That doesn't mean I don't like "blackened X on a bed of Y smothered with Z", it's just something I don't eat currently, and even when I do it's rare. I actually find a lot of complicated dishes a little less appealing than before because, in a weird way, you lose the flavor of the main component sometimes in that sea of other stuff. While the medley may be beautiful, I can get the same level of satisfaction from eating 3 items distinctly that I can from a dish made of those same 3 items. Again, I suspect this is just me, but there it is.
    • For parties I either eat something simple that I know I can log accurately, or I eat ahead of time and simply socialize and don't eat there. I'm obviously there for the people and/or event and not just there to eat the food. If I AM there just for the food I ask why I am going at all if that food is a problem, and if it's not a problem I simply log what I eat there.
    • When eating at a friend or family members house when visiting, that's more tricky as you may not be able to pre-log it. In that case just do what you can.
    • I *prefer* my pass days to be something like "I have zero clue what was in that so I can't log it but I feel I ate very responsibly", or "I just decided not to track for X reason but was still responsible", etc. That's not always the case, but in my mind that is one of the intentions of having a pass day, where it can STILL serve to keep your health/diet on track even when you didn't track or went over for whatever reason. Sometimes even a pass day can be celebrated as a win! Of course that is not always the case, people have THOSE DAYS sometimes. The goal is to try and work towards having more good days than bad ones, and to keep building healthy habits until MOST days are good days, etc!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes (and I think I have only used 2 pass days so far which is huge for me).
    I have been part of UAC since august I believe. It’s taught me to track right away, forgive myself and keep trying
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 90 minute workout split between rowing machine, elliptical, walking and swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ( )

I joined UAC at the beginning of October of this year. I have learned it is helpful to pre-log my food. I am still learning how to have some balance.
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    ✅ exercise - walking
    ❌ calories - I stopped tracking once I reached my limit
    ❌ tracking - I tracked until I didn’t

That’s 2 passed days

I signed up last year for March and June but didn’t stick to it. This year I’ve been in UAC since August. I have learned a lot in my time with UAC and even though today isn’t a great example it’s got me in the habit of not just reflecting but making a plan on how I will do better.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,880 Member
    Options
    12/07

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

Used 1 pass
    2 passes left

~~~~~~~~

December goals

- Miracle Morning daily.

- yoga and strength training at least 3x weekly (Strength training WILL happen this month)

- TRY having ZERO pass days

- No LNS daily, ONLY fruits

- Daily journaling
    These are my morning meditation sessions, Pete and Parker enjoy meditation too, lol
    wee443vve4ks.jpeg
  • Healthymumlife
    Healthymumlife Posts: 130 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I think I joined September 2021 but I took November off, back in December :)
    I think the biggest lesson for me is that consistency is key :)

Tuesday 7 December
    Exercise: Christmas shopping walking ... oh my legs were so sore! lol
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

3/3 pass days used