Test Poll - new poll for November 26 UAC response coming soon….

Options
jamcnewman
jamcnewman Posts: 4,068 Member
edited November 2021 in Social Groups
NOTE - once you hit save, you can’t edit the poll response options. Nor can you “unpublish” or delete your poll. Oh MFP - do better. 🥸

Test Poll - new poll for November 26 UAC response coming soon…. 18 votes

Apple Watch
22% 4 votes
FitBit
38% 7 votes
Garmin Watch
11% 2 votes
Another physical pedometer tool
0% 0 votes
App on Smart Phone (e.g., Apple Health, Map My Walk, etc)
0% 0 votes
None
0% 0 votes
Other
27% 5 votes

Replies

• lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,729 Member
    Options
    Is this supposed to be my preference or my actual? I wear a watch-style fitness tracker (not one of the brands mentioned in the poll). I use it primarily as a step-counter but it will time walks, bike rides etc. I don't use it as a timer because I tend to forget to switch it off. It does not sync with MFP.
    I can't decide whether it would be worth buying something more expensive.
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    @lesdarts180
    Hi Lesley - it was simply a test of the functionality new poll function that MFP added to the community boards. It is terrible. I had hoped I would learn you could edit options during the one hour edit window. You can’t. 👎🏻

Well, your comment intrigued me that maybe it would be worthwhile to do a poll and gather some collective wisdom. What do you use? I could add it to the poll! What other questions do you think I should ask?

I have a Fitbit. Have had different models but stayed with the “brand” for many years (mostly because I got all the rest of my family onto them and we have challenges, etc. Well, I organize and they (kind of) participate. I am getting an Apple Watch for Christmas from my daughter and her partner. I cannot wait!

Julie
  • jjjcat
    jjjcat Posts: 340 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    @jamcnewman For the record, I use a Polar Unite watch - it does sync with MFP
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,380 Member
    Options
    I did a poll entry just so that it would be an entry.
  • BMcC9
    edited November 2021
    Options
    hmmm I came back today (afternoon Nov 28) and what I see in the top bit is "results spread on 16 votes" (and the various percentages)

I will come back on the 30th to see if what I see in "results spread on X votes" has changed, or if my view has "frozen at me being 16th" (I honestly don't know if I WAS 16th, or if others have voted-but-not-left-comments since I did)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    NOTE - once you hit save, you can’t edit the poll response options. Nor can you “unpublish” or delete your poll. Oh MFP - do better. 🥸

So @jamcnewman , I came back on Dec 1, Between Nov 28 and right now, it is showing "18 votes" and the spread has shifted a bit.

So one DOES see the "running total" each time one checks back, and Fitbit is still ahead (whatever that means :D ) but not by quite as big a percentage.
  • jamcnewman
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @BMcC9 @lesdarts180 @jjjcat
    Hi there - if I could have, this poll would have been taken down. I was using it ONLY as a test
    To see what you could do with the new “feature” of polling. I tried to signal that in the “topic line” and the description. You can’t edit the options (even during the one hour edit period)…. I should have chosen a topic that was more along the lines of “my weather today is….” for testing the poll tool functionality. Live and learn; die and forget. 😂😂😂

Worst designed polling function I have ever seen. Please ignore the poll. If there is interest, I can or someone else can do a “real” poll on this topic.

Julie