Sat. Cup or 2 of Joe 11/27

Options
mcee1
mcee1 Posts: 3,587 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
Yogi Berra

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,000 Member
    Options
    Morning

Feeling a little better - but only 20%. Whatever I'm carrying - I'm afraid DW has caught. Ugh. She's down for count now too.

Going to lay low again today/tomorrow to just keep resting. Did make a couple online holiday purchases yesterday and knocked out some on my list.

Managed to eat mash potatoes and gravy yesterday (win)!

Off for SBUX.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,587 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Good morning

Early reveille here at 5:30a
    2 cups of Joe in, and a Hallmark movie lol.

Cant believe we pulled a quick trigger on 4 all new kitchen LG appliances yesterday , on a lets stop and look.... Tom is usually the researcher. I hope there's no buyers remorse this morning lol.

Looking online at mattresses now, ugh. Expensive for what I'd like. Sigh

Did some decorating last night inside. Did not put tree up yet though. Im putting less out this year, I'll be happier on Jan . 2nd :wink: . I have an office to rearrange and get set up here. New guy bought me a Brothers laser color printer. I pick it up at Best Buy Sunday, for my home office.

I picked up some nices fresh evergreen wreaths, boughs and garland, for front porch, but its cold out. I'll ask Tom to put his heater on in the garage this afternoon and get it done. I can make my 2 large pots in there... I'm hanging out at home today.

Whats everyone up to? Steph is moving...
    Hopefully feeling better Lisa and Jim, Skip?
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Congrats on the new kitchen Mary.
    • It got cold enough to freeze water here last night but it is headed to 60° this afternoon.
    • Mary, we have a Simmons Beautyrest mattress, conventional construction. We haven't gotten into the water, air, foam thing yet.
    • No Black Friday shopping done here. Many of the sales run through the weekend so things may still happen.
    • Glad you are starting to feel a little better Skip and Lisa. Now we wish Carrie and Jim get well wishes.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,927 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

Skip, sorry you are still dealing with post-operative crud. Glad you got a little - soft - taste of the season down, though.

We need a new fridge and stove. Our dishwasher hardly ever gets used, so it might last forever. We bought a really nice mattress and box spring set, when we bought our first house, in 1989. Rita has dutifully turned the mattress over and rotated it, once a month, ever since, and it still looks and feels like it did when it was new. We did add a memory foam top pad from Costco, about 10 years ago.

The Oregon-Oregon State game (which is no longer called the Civil War and lacks a moniker) is this afternoon, so I might spend some time on football.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,548 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

We got a new refrigerator a few couple of weeks ago. It's counter depth with freezer on the bottom, so Cecilia is over the moon happy because she doesn't have to climb into the refrigerator anymore to find things. You all certainly remember the dishwasher fiasco and we replaced the electric stove with gas not long after she got here. So we should have a while without needing appliances.

Our bed is one of those Tempurpedic things that goes up and down. It's a single king mattress because the paired twin thing was like $1,200 more and I'm but a humble accountant. IIRC, it was close to $4k.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

We are packed and loaded and waiting for our blankets to get out of the dryer. Will head soup for lunch soon the. We are headed out. It’s been raining all morning so loading when it trickles to a sprinkle. Only the bikes left to load.

Our drive is about 6 hours today.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,560 Member
    Options
    Safe travels Steph.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,675 Member
    Options
    Afternoon BBB.
    We have a sleep number twin king. It was almost $5k 10 years ago, to replace it would be about $7k. We just spent about $800 to refurbish. I will have to say, it is pretty darn comfortable and might just be worth the high pricetag.
    Saw #BAL last night when dropping by Geoff the trainer's to pull blood on one his dogs. She has grown since I last saw her. Nice little reunion. Tough to leave her behind, but I don't think she really cared that I did. Geoff has her attention right now.
    Great you got some mashies with gravy, Skip. Creeping crud sucks though.
    Got a pernil in the smoker. Not really smoking it, more like roasting. Just needed to free up the oven for DW. We had bought a bunch of food for a home Thanksgiving dinner but last minute ran off to Brooklyn instead. So we cooking it up tonight.

BBB OP ;-)