My allergy test results

Options
hteepeg
hteepeg Posts: 64 Member
It would be faster to list what WON'T cause an allergic reaction. *sarcasm*

I'm getting a brand new epi pen and a Flonase prescription. Today is the official Day One of my new "method of eating". I'm allergic to anything that comes out of the water excluding clams (which I don't care for), chicken, corn, hops, wheat, sage, green peppers, pork (but only intolerant and not necessarily allergic), and oats. Those are just the food allergies and not the laundry list of environmental items.

Let the adventure begin!

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Hey, that's not too bad! You can do it.

I am vegan and grain free, with some other allergies as well. I can manage sage and green peppers, but none of the rest that you list.

There's an allergies board too if you are interested:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/161-food-allergies

Shout out for advice as you need it!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    That's not too bad - my younger sister also could not eat most of those growing up (she could eat pork, bell pepper, oats, and Fresh water fish, but not salt water fish), plus couldn't eat: eggs, dairy (couldn't even do breast milk, only 1 type of expensive, special formula - this was 26 years ago), citrus fruits, peanuts and other nuts. Oh, and no well water, either! We had to bring her water (to mix formula) to my aunt's house and she couldn't drink the water at school, either.

I'd also wager, once you eliminate those problem foods from your diet (I use the word 'diet' as what you eat every day) and heal your gut (as most of your immune system is there), your environmental allergy symptoms might lessen. I don't have hay fever (which is now where I live) nearly as bad as when I used to still eat wheat! I'll take the itchy eyes over the constant sneezing, wheezing, etc I used to get.

Try focusing on what you CAN eat, instead of viewing it as what you CAN'T - you might discover a new food you like! :flowerforyou:
  • Crohns2013
    Crohns2013 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Not bad at all. The hardest will be wheat and corn since they are used in everything, but if you stick to whole, unprocessed foods you won't have to worry about it.

Good luck!!