Options
myallforjcbill
myallforjcbill Posts: 5,536 Member
Good Morning!

Replies

• myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,536 Member
    Options
    Woke early but couldn't get comfortable enough to get back to sleep. I finally planned Christmas Dinner planned so I will start the shopping today now that things are otherwise caught up. I had a long review with the Nurse Practioner at the Hospital's Dietary Program about my struggles of late. She endorsed my plan to restart the LowCarb plan in January and pointed out some things to remember as I do so. More structure until the pain management thing is happening more consistently. Rain has come, hopefully up to predictions. We aren't getting much down this season but I read the Sierra Snowpack has improved from 11% of normal to 98% which is amazing in such a short time. Avalanche control folks will have a busy winter.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,844 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Keep plugging away, Bill. That's all any of us can do.

I had Christmas dinner all planned, but was informed, last night, that DGS has come down with a cold and we might have to put the family Christmas off until next week sometime. The pork roast won't wait that long, so I guess Rita and I will feast, then I will pick up something else for a second big dinner. We'll have lots of leftover pork to use for various dinners in future. I can re-freeze cooked meat, but not the raw, once it has been thawed.

Finished turning, glued in the insert and put three coats of finish on the most recent travel mug. I'll bring it in, today for the finish to fully cure and harden in the inside warmth. The final buffing will be tomorrow. It's beautiful, I think. I'll take a photo of the alder and walnut pair of mugs and post it here.

Wet night, and much warmer than it has been. Another front is coming in, this morning. The real cold doesn't get here until Sunday.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,568 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,607 Member
    Options
    Evening gents.
    First night in Ansbach. Just home from dinner in a 1000 yr old Colmburg Castle. Pretty neat stuff.
    Unglaublich!
    Weather is cold but not freeze your face off cold.
    Gute Nacht ;-)
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,082 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Lee, it is awesome that you are having a great trip so far!

Bill, holding you in prayer for your pain management.

Well, I had a big surprise today. I got bad chills in the middle of the night, and woke up today to a 100.3 fever. That means I was NOT able to go into work today on a payroll day. It has been a couple of interesting back and forths, and remote logins, but we have the payroll funded. I took a home Covid test this morning. Great news! I have had two Pfizer shots, and a Pfizer booster, and the home kit said that my lucky number came up, and I had a strong positive test. I went to the local county testing place this afternoon, and took a full blown test. I will get those results in 2-3 days. Connie tested negative, and I don't know about Collin yet. I am going to try to isolate in our spare room, which does not have a bed, and our bedroom. Connie insists that she will sleep on the sofa. We will see how that goes. She is still not supposed to lift anything, or bend over. I don't know how all of this is going to work out yet. I am a corporate controller, and this is my busiest time of year. I probably won't be eligible to return to work until January. Sigh.... So far, just a low grade fever, and body aches. I plan on trying to get some rest now. For being sick, I sure have been busy today with getting test kits, getting tested, and some solid work from home.

Have a great day!