steplinn398
steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
There is not enough time to do all the nothing we want to do. Bill Watterson

Replies

• steplinn398
    Options
    Morning BBB

The sun is shining. Hooray. Ron is leaving shortly for a massage. I think I’ll do my house cleaning chores and start a pot of soup. Should be warm enough for a beach walk when we returns. Need a few groceries so will get everything we need until after the holiday.

Hope the international travel went smoothly.

Mary stand your ground. You shouldn’t have to be the clean up person. At least not without a bonus to make it worth your time.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

thanx for kicking us off, Steph!

Vacation started today. Slept in a bit and SBUX run with DW. Car washed. Now just surfing for a few more last minute gifts.

Hope Doc is enjoying Bavarian something.

Terrible WFT game last night. NFL should've followed NHL and suspended these few weeks.

How's recovery in Indiana?

Cheers,
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Who's sitting on the balcony drinking coffee at 830 because he's done going into the office for the year?

{--- This guy!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Just now getting some breakfast. I had to FAST for bloodwork this morning.
    • The impressive part Lou is you are sitting outside at 8:30. It must be warmer in Austin than it is here.
    • Skip, are you assuming it is going to be better in a few weeks? I wouldn't count on it.
    • DW and I are celebrating or 48th wedding anniversary today.
  • steplinn398
    Options
    Happy anniversary!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew.

Happy anniversary, Dennis.

I started to log in, here a couple hours ago, but the 40-lb. "puppy" in my lap had other plans.

Finished turning, mounted the insert and applied three coats of finish on the latest travel mug. I brought it inside this morning to let the finish fully harden where it is warm. I'll buff it up later today. This one is walnut and part of a pair DW says will go to DS and DDIL - even though we agreed that the adults would not exchange gifts this Christmas.

DDIL informed us, last night, that DGS has come down with a cold, so our family Christmas gathering might be put on hold for a few days, until everyone is healthy. Rita and I might end up having a roast pork feast all to ourselves on the 25th. I'll come up with something else to cook whenever we can all gather.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Dennis and Kris
    Yoga class this morning, surprised at number thought numbers would be off due to holidays
    We have everything done except cooking for Friday night.
    DS is quite upset that they are not closing early Friday and are not getting any time off for Christmas; maybe owner will change mind. DD is off for balance of year.
    Lee, enjoy Germany and time with DS, DDIL and DW without worrying about office
    Mary, I would do what I could and not stress, don't know about up there but we so many jobs than workers here at all levels.
    Colds and sinus infections are up greatly making many believe COVID but testing shows that only about 15% of those have COVID and they are mild cases. Surprised to see hospitals advertising again.
    Cold this morning should be in 70's for Christmas and weekend
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Guten Abend BBB
    Happy Anniversary Kris and Dennis! 48?! Wow.
    First night in Ansbach. Dinner at Colmberg Castle(only 1000 yrs old).
    Getting here was a bit of a struggle. Both flights very late. Trouble sleeping due to discomfort sitting for long periods. Stupid customs people.
    Gute nacht BBB
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary, Dennis! I hope you got lots of kisses today.
    It's been a busy couple weeks here, too. Jim is in Salt Lake City right now, but he's supposed to be home again tomorrow. I do my 2 workshops in the morning (our numbers have been down this week ... that's normal, but still a little sad), and then I'm done until after Christmas. We're going to church Friday with dfil, dd21 and her fiance, and Amelia. Then we have nothing on Saturday ... dd21 and her df will come over to hang out and prep for Sunday, though, which is when we'll do the big family celebration. The other girls wanted to be home on Christmas for their kids, and I totally get that. I kinda like the day in between for us, too. In the past, it's always been a late, tiring night after church on Christmas Eve, getting the stockings all ready and the gifts all out and breakfast prepped and any other food things that I needed to do. This year, I have an extra whole DAY to do all that. It will feel so much more laid back!

Workshops this week have been incredible. I did mine a little different than the norm, and it's been meaningful and effective.

What are you all serving for Christmas? I could still use a couple side dish ideas and maybe an easy breakfast. For dinner, I'm doing turkey meatballs in a pineapple sauce, pig-in-the-blankets, cheese soup with broccoli and cauliflower and carrots, and fruit salad. I do want at least one other veggie side, too. Dessert will be cherry/almond cookies with chocolate chunks and an angel food cake stuffed with peppermint ice cream and topped with hot fudge and crumbled candy cane. As for breakfast, I was thinking just a fruit platter and banana bread, since they'll also have all the food in their stockings. But I'm not totally sure.

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary, kids!