Roll Call - Christmas Day

Options
myallforjcbill
myallforjcbill Posts: 5,536 Member
Merry Christmas to each of you!

After a mad rush this week the day has at last arrived and it is time to relax and rest and enjoy being together. I woke at 2:00 and got up at 3:00. I felt like carp last night and was hurting pretty bad so I took some Norco at 11:30 but it can mess with my sleep and did. No regrets and I may take some to get through the day. Just the 4 of us today since we have no family this side of the Mississippi. Lots of cooking to get thru. Prime Rib, Yorkshire Pudding, Crab-filled double baked potatoes, Roasted Carrots and Onions with Hazelnuts, and a few other things are on the meny. Family negotiations settled on Brioche Bread Pudding for desert with ice cream. We are sick to a certain degree but I will look forward to the 4 of us sitting around the living room laughing and talking as we open gifts.

Replies

• shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,082 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas!

Bill, it sounds like a fun time with your family. I will continue to pray for your pain management.

Connie will be cooking our meal today. I have "always" done this in the past. She has been a trooper through this, and Collin has stepped up too. I will be allowed to put a chair in the living room, and we will all wear masks for a gift opening. I was not allowed to wrap any of my gifts. I may or may not have to eat in isolation. It is supposed to be warmer today, so we may all sit out on the deck for a while. I am going to vote on that. I am only starting day 4 of 10 of isolation. This is rough. My fever is mostly gone, but it comes and goes. Aches are still present.

I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas! Stay safe around family. Have a joyous and Blessed day!

• podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,080 Member
    Options
    Guess I posted on the Christmas eve site.
    Everyone have some joy during these holidays however your may celebrate.
    I do now have heat (good thing ) since we got lucky and fouind a new furnace in the nick of time. Highs Monday thru Wed will be below freezing and the lows in the lower 20s to upper teens.
    Going to our daughter's house nearby today for a Christmas brunch with her family including our DD,DBIL, and our wonderful grown grandson.
    Hang in there Steve. So sorry about your suffering with all the covid issues.
    WoW Bill I say Christmas dinner at your house!!! Just kiddin' but sounds great!!
    I like the idea of roasted carrots and onions w hazelnuts. We must try that one. DW loves hazelnuts.
    Have a Merry and safe Christmas everyone.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,844 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen. Merry Christmas.

Woke at 5 and took Sassy out for her morning constitutional. Big wet flakes of snow were falling - the first of Sassy's experience - and she did a perfect double take. We are forecast to get about an inch - barely enough to cover the grass.

I am roasting a bone-in pork loin. I've never done one, but $21 for a big one vs. $95 for a beef rib roast (choice, not prime) pushed me to pork. I made corn pudding yesterday, that I'll reheat. We're having rice, because DGS has decided he doesn't like potatoes - except French fries and hashbrowns - along with green beans from the garden. Costco rolls fill out the fare. Rita did a fantastic-looking chocolate cake, with fudge frosting, yesterday.

The cantata went well, last night. We were a somewhat sparse choir. We were missing several members, due to COVID protocols. The director had hired four singers to lead each section and three of them were no-shows because of COVID. We adapted. Rita says we sounded great.

Well, lots to do before the grandkids come over this afternoon. Have a blessed day, friends.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,568 Member
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS
    Bob, heat is good thing; folks talk about good old days, I like all the creature comforts of today
    We had family Christmas last night, DD and her family will receive theirs New Years
    Steve, glad you are better; they are now claiming when everyone has had vaccines 5 days of quarantine will do
    Dave, family is so much more than food we eat
    Bill, hope pain allows you to enjoy Christmas
    For the record I do not like potatoes either, while in Army I grew to loath potatoes due to them forcing me to eat them; they thought they could make me gain weight.
    Lee, how is Christmas in Germany?
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,398 Member
    Options
    Went to church, but after 15 minutes I decided there were too many people and too many of them not wearing masks, so I left and went home. Watched a video of last night's service afterward, here at home. Town COVID cases increased again this week, 5th in a row. CDC says in areas of high transmission both unvaccinated and vaccinated folks would wear masks indoors in public places.

At home today--it's rainy, freezing in places, and foggy. All in all, a miserable looking Christmas. Will call my kids later, and Monday there's a party at DD's, which I might attend in their yard around the firepit. Sun will come out tomorrow, I'm sure.

Have a good Christmas everyone.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,607 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas gents.