Wednesday Cuppa Joe 12.29.21

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB. "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." Yogi Berra

Replies

• Authenticity3
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

I read yesterday's thread ... why do I get the feeling that Kelly is overdoing something? :wink:
    Sorry for the family drama, Skip. Boundaries are tough, especially with family.
    Thanks, Dennis!
    I should have shoveled last night, too, Dave ... but I was tired so I skipped it. We didn't get too much, though.
    Yay to Grandpa Lee!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll LOVE IT!!!!!!!! And you'll be an EPIC grandpa, too!
    Steph, what does he do with the sting rays? Catch and release? I've never heard of people eating them, but then I know very little about seafood since I'm allergic.

It's been a crazy week with the holiday stuff and now getting ready to go to NC on Thursday. Did I tell you guys that? I can't remember. My bff went to Georgia, and since Michigan is playing them in the game on New Year's Eve, we thought we'd drive down and stay with them to watch it together. I had Michigan nails done yesterday to commemorate the event. (She'd gotten Georgia nails, so I HAD to.) :smiley:9bxht8hypo7q.jpg

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Patiently (sarcasm) waiting for new shoes for the Wagoneer to arrive today so I can have them installed. Ugh......

Lisa - watch news carefully. A TON of NCAA Bowl Games are being cancelled due to spiking COVID rates. Today is supposed to be Virginia/Maryland. We'll see.

Lee - so darn excited for you all!

I think we read into Kelly "back to work" and "cooking" as OVERDOING it (doing too much too soon). It comes from a care perspective. We want you to be healthy and not push it.

Have DBIL and DSIL joining us for NYE dinner at Ruths Chris. DBIL is notorious for ordering two appetizers; salad; soup; and the largest thing on the menu. All you can do is sit back and laugh and hope AMEX doesn't call when the waiter takes my card :-).

Cheers for a good day!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB crew

Congratulations Lee! Grandpa duty is the best. You'll be awesome.

Grandkids spent the day playing with Sassy, both outside in the snow and in the house. Great for Sassy; great for the kids. All slept very soundly. More of the same on tap for today. Parents will pick up the kids this evening.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to Lee and DW!! How long will they be in Germany? Will they come back east by you Lee?

More of the same at work for me. Pack, trash, repeat.. Though I did set up my home office a bit more too last night, and hook up my new Brothers laser printer. Tom will come today with the F150 to get one filing cabinet for me.

The new appliances look great. Refrigerator still empty. Will move some stuff into it later from garage refrigerator.

Tomorrow we take a ride up to the lake. Lunch with some neighbors and come back. They offered us their spare room overnight but we'll come back
    home late afternoon. Snow is supposed to come at us Friday so best we get back prior.

Safe travels Lisa! Have fun, even if the game is canceled! Bff time is Great!

Be well Kelly. Let us know when that Wisconsin trip is Happening!

Raine, that Larry is something else! So fun!

Skip, so bil doesn't split the bill with you? Why Not?

Have a great day BBB
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Lisa, I gotta warn ya. I'm pulling for GA, but I figure you would have guessed that. Enjoy your get away.
    • Good ride to SC for lunch yesterday. First time I had the Goldwing on the open highway. It handles like a dream.
    • It's gonna be a quiet, rainy day here.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

Mary, they are here in Germany for 3 years. Not sure what station he will go to after that, he is hoping stateside and thinking Colorado. They have already picked out names whether boy or girl. She is only 7 weeks or so along and beside me and DW, you all are the only ones in the know. They are waiting to tell her folks and friends. So help me keep the secret, please.
    DS#1 hit 105 mph on the autobahn yesterday in his '98 BMW mini wagon. How fast have you taken the GW, Dennis?
    Pretty nails, Lisa. I bet they will figure out a way to play Michigan/Georgia and Alabama/Cincinnati for the big game Jan 11th in Kelly's neck of the woods. I could be talked into pulling for Michigan.

BBB OP ;-)
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Tis a rainy day in Georgia
    only had 8 in yoga this morning
    Older bodies take longer to heal, not referring to any one as old
    "shoes for the Wagoneer" tires or brakes?
    If they do not do split checks I will get one time then let them get the next time; I don't mind telling them as walking into restaurant I picked up tab last time you can get this time
    Grand kids are so much fun, believe about 30 minutes before parents pickup give them a large Snickers bar and Coke so they have plenty of energy and parents know they were missed
    Lisa, be safe and enjoy trip even though you are pulling for wrong team
    I see Lee and DW doing much more traveling later in year and years to come
  • Authenticity3
    Options
    Ha ha! Mary, you are correct. For me, the game is just a ruse. The rest of them care about it, but I just want to see my bff. And my bff will be happy either way if we just come, although she's a huge Georgia fan. (she went there)
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

It is warm and humid today with thunderstorms pending.

Our time here is wrapping up so need to think about using up food and packing. It was lovely here and not crowded at all until this week.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Lisa not sure where in NC you are going but look to see if there is a popshelf. It’s a super cute store owned by dollar general. It’s like if a Target dollar spot merged with pottery barn. You should check it out if you are nearby.