February 22

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    22/02/2022

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    • DAY 22 of EPIC I | DUMBBELL SHOULDERS & CORE 43 min
    • Jogging 6.3 km in 0:45:13 (7:11 min/km); VO2max: 38
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Pass days: All used

@biketheworld I would say just relax and enjoy your vacation with your DH :)
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,727 Member
    Options
    22/02/2022
    Exercise – yes bike ride and cardio
    Tracked – yes
    Calories – yes
    1 pass day used (Sat 12th)

I had two brisk outdoor walks today – I had to take my bike in for a service and some attention to the brakes. I took a roundabout route to the bike shop then walked home. Later I had to walk (briskly, as I had left it a bit late) back to the shop to collect the bike. The walk is about 3,000 steps each way, about as much as I can manage before my arthritis starts to really bother me. My cardio exercise is usually done in short bursts of 10/15 minutes.

Vacations/holidays – I do holiday quite a lot now that I’m retired. I like to go self-catering but we have started taking coach holidays since retirement and they are short (4 nights) but they are in hotels with breakfast and dinner provided every day – they can be difficult to negotiate. The saving grace is that they are short so the damage is easily repaired.
    I’m looking forward to going abroad again this year – more than 2 years now since our last holiday abroad. We hope to be going to Kos in May!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    yyy
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 82 mins
    ✅ Calories: under goal
    ✅ Tracked

Remaining pass days: 3️⃣

@biketheworld I have a strategy on holiday. When we go self-catering, I take my food scale with me, and weigh/measure where possible. When we eat out, I stick to healthy options and take a container to take home excess food. Which I will have for lunch next day. (Many restaurants provide home containers on request). Also I seldom order more than 2 courses.

If we go catered, I order the plainer items, as these are what I now prefer.
    Also, I eat light at other meals, and do extra exercise to accommodate any indulgences.

Eg: Yesterday we had a special celebration lunch in the Members Room of our local Parliament building. I did some extra walking before and after lunch. For lunch, I had Gnocchi with mushroom sauce, followed by Key Lime Parfait on shortbread. I drank water. I had a light dinner at home in the evening. I ate over basic calories, but was well under maintenance.

Occasionally I choose not to track, but still choose to keep roughly to my chosen healthy eating.
  • eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Feb 22
    Exercise: Yes (Tabata 45mins)
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    (0 pass days used)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,800 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 40 minutes swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ( )

I haven´t traveled since I started losing weight in August. I expect I will do it different this time around, because both my husband and I are doing intermittent fasting and I am eager to see how that works on vacations. I am told that it actually makes travelling easier-- In years past when I was losing weight I was so concerned about having snacks I could eat with me to keep me from being too hungry. Now my relationship with hunger is really different and I no longer take ¨emergency food¨ every where I go. I did buy myself a blendjet 2 and have figured I will take meal replacement shakes to use occasionally if I don´t want to eat out and we will probably also have some nuts in our suitcase.

On my past vacations, meals at restaurants was one of the things we enjoyed most, so I expect I will greatly ease up on my standards and just try not to eat an excessive amount when we eat two meals a day. At home, I am avoiding the use of any oils except butter, olive oil, coconut oil or avocado, avoidng all gluten and dairy, and eating low carb. Don´t think there are many restaurants that my husband would want to go to that would serve meals meeting all of those criteria, so I will probably just try to stick to the two meal eating window and just not go ¨hog wild¨ when we dine out.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,554 Member
    Options
    When we do vacation away from home I try to eat a well balanced meal, I have often been accused of paying to much attention to the nutrition labels if the restaurant provides them. If they have no nutrition info I try to make the best possible choice I can.

All three done today, our 13 year old Shepard mix seems to be a little more active, we made a dog friendly carrot cake for her, toast but discovered she preferred the pizza crust guess she’s not calorie watching! She has done this before but something seems more off this time, I think it’s age settling in, will see keep you all posted it’s hard to wrap your head around them getting old and not being there all the time but I guess that’s life tough at times.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,554 Member
    Options
    @stella7x7 Awesome news it’s such a wonderful feeling keep up the great work🙂
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    February 22, 2 pass days used
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 30 minutes HASFit
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
    Most of my vacations are in my RV. So I pack as I normally eat at home. In the past I wouldn’t track because I didn’t have internet service in the mountains.
    Since I am fairly new to MFP how did you handle no internet. Does it work out?
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,899 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options
    2/22
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

[Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-8-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-P-18-19-20-21-22

February goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 minutes Peloton bike and 15 minutes stretching.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. A 30 minute walking video. My upper body is so sore from all the punches in yesterdays kickboxing.

There’s not been much for vacations the last few years! And even longer since I’ve travelled while counting calories. We will see how an upcoming April getaway goes. Probably a mix of indulgence and healthy choices.