Nintendo 2DS

Options
Zomoniac
Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
Is the most retarded thing I've ever seen. Ever. It makes an Atari Lynx look sexy.

Replies

• BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Yikes!! No thanks!!! LOL!!
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I don't see how this was even necessary. If you don't want 3D... turn it off? Or did that not occur to them?
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    It's for children under the age of 7, we aren't the target audience!
  • BattleTaxi
    Options
    I'm aware of that; even so, no way!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options
    I think it's a pretty good design, it's tapered so the kids can lay it down and play it that way, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't use the 3D with small kids, I don't see why the internet lost it's cool over it.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Having a child who LOVES to open and close my 3DS like it's the funniest thing on the planet, I can totally understand the design. My 6 year old son managed to jack with the wiring by opening and closing my original DS so much that now the screen only works when it's set in one position. To remove that aspect from the console altogether means they're less likely to break the damn thing. XD
  • BattleTaxi
    Options
    Yea I can see that being an issue; my friends kiddo does that kind of stuff with -everything-.. open close open close open close open close.. until it BREAKS lol!

I will check out the 2DS when they have it up in a store, but I don't think I will bother investing in one. I personally enjoy being able to leave it tilted instead of having it all the way open (does that make sense?)

Especially with the 3DS, since when I set it up I made it so that if left slightly tilted rather than open all the way, it is visible.

Also, @escoflowne as an adult, I have trouble looking at the 3D image for more than 20 minutes. I often find that I just leave it off unless I'm in some kind of a cut scene or something worth while to watch in 3D. Otherwise everything else can stay in 2D! :P
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I already want one :3
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    Options

Also, @escoflowne as an adult, I have trouble looking at the 3D image for more than 20 minutes. I often find that I just leave it off unless I'm in some kind of a cut scene or something worth while to watch in 3D. Otherwise everything else can stay in 2D! :P

I can only play it in 2D, the 3D kills my eyes and I see double image.
  • Mechanikitty
    Mechanikitty Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    h8E541338
  • BattleTaxi
    Options
    h8E541338

I would play this version of 2DS. But I already have a bad habit of gnawing on the stylus. If I had this one it would be CONSUMED!!!!