Hi there...an Introduction

Options
Deni_R
Deni_R Posts: 71 Member
*waves* Hi anyone out there in 100+ land :smile:

My name is Deni, I'm 42 and live in Perth, Western Australia. I went on a healthy living journey back in 2013 and was doing very well, lost 30kg (66lb) over 8 months, and just as importantly was starting to trust my body more, I'd just finished C25K. I was very proud of how my fitness was going. Then we lost my FiL to cancer and then went through the same thing with my BiL (at age 40) a few years later. Everything fell off the wagon, we spent every spare minute in hospital and fast food became the norm and all the good habits we'd made were replaced with comfort eating as we tried to cope.

Fast forward 9 years and all that weight has come back and brought some friends. I have not been in the mental space to start again until now. I've recently gotten some help for anxiety and depression and for the first time in years I feel like I'm ready to get back on the wagon, in fact I'm excited to be there.

So this is me starting again, I know what to do and I know I can do it. Back to logging my calories once again, even when I've been not the best. I've told my husband and my close friends that I'm trying to be healthier and they're very supportive of what I'm doing even if my husband isn't on the same journey as me this time.

My first month of "Healthy Deni Mark II" I've tracked my calories every day and increased my water intake by 1.5L. I'm moving more although I'm not ready for C25K by a long shot yet but I'd like to do that again, one day! This month my plan is to move a bit more by walking (although it's HOT here being summer) and to focus a lot on being mindful while eating. I've always been the person who finishes their food first, I'm going to slow down and make sure I'm taking at least 20mins to finish my meals.

Bring on February...and March...oh hell, bring on the next 2+ years :smiley:

Replies

• bbwkitten
    bbwkitten Posts: 104 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Welcome! You got this! You did it before so you know you can do it again!

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I started in 2009 and lost 71 pounds in 10 months, in total I lost 86.6 pounds but over the years I gained almost all of it back. Kept 21 off but I am starting over this year as well and have lost 11 pounds since Jan 4th.

We got this! There is a monthly challenge starting for February, join in the fun :)
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Welcome! <3 It's a lovely bunch here I'm sure you'll like it ^^