Hello All! Looking for similar friends! Plus sized with a side of Chronically Ill

Options
Hello all!

My name is Emerald and I'm 33 looking to lose about 100lbs. :) I am a retired Veterinary Technician (medically retired) who is also chronically ill and face some unique challenges in my fitness journey. I have a condition where I pass out 3-5 times a day just because I change positions (usually from sitting to standing, and sometimes mid-stride) called Dysautonomia. :) I am using a specific exercise protocol developed for people with my condition (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome/POTS) and have actually already seen some good results as my resting heart rate has lowered by an average of 4 points this last month! I also have gastroparesis, hypothyroidism, hypermobile Ehler's-Danlos Syndrome, and a pituitary adenoma. Looking for any other spoonies who may want to be friends and come along for the ride!

Anyhow, I let myself become very deconditioned in the 2 years since I stopped being an active Veterinary Technician and on my feet all day. I've gained upward of 80lbs and I'm ready to get my bodily autonomy back!

I am 5'6"/168cm
my starting weight on Jan 8, 2022 was 290lbs/131.54kg/20.7 stone
and my current weight is 279.1lbs/126.6kg/19.9stone
my current goal is 200lbs/90.7kg/14.2 stone

I am also getting married in the next two years, so it is another big time motivator for me to get back to a size I feel comfortable with!

I look forward to meeting lots of lovely people here and would be happy to make friends with any and all active members, as well as get paired up with my MFP "twin"! Please feel free to send a request if you'd like to be pals and cheer each other on!