March 28

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning has been absent for a week, I am worried about him. I was hoping he would post the opener today. I have always enjoyed his long thoughtful posts. 5 days left for March. Wow time has flown by.

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    I was noticing that too @SummerSkier . That's not like him.
  • jjjcat
    jjjcat Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Monday - I have also been a bit absent. I have had a lot going on and haven't managed to post. My exercise has been up a lot, but my tracking has been patchy. I have still tried to make good decisions though this has worked only some of the time.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    yes for 3
    0/3 pass days used

home again back to my routine.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,054 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hi Caroline - thanks for the question today. I am eager to read everyone’s responses.

I set my daily calorie target (and percentage targets for protein, carbs, fats, and amounts for sodium and fibre) on the recommendation of my dietician. These numbers are all quite different than MFP assessed would be optimal for me (age/height/weight/activity level). I see her once a month. When my loss stalls, and it will, we will adjust my calorie target. We have adjusted my protein and fibre targets already and that change has helped me.

Her advice from the start has been to eat at or as close to that higher (than MFP assessed for me) daily calorie target for as long as I can before lowering it.

At the calorie rate I am at, I honestly don’t feel that I am denying myself anything I want to have. I am certain that I could lose faster if I dropped it from what it has been set at since August 1, 2021 — and have taken that approach in the past. But I know that I couldn’t sustain that approach.
    It leads me to wanting to and then overindulging, and other trickery like underestimating my intake. I have no interest in doing that this time around.
  • Caramel_Apple
    Caramel_Apple Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Monday

Exercise: 45 min
    Calories: under goal
    Tracking complete

pass days used 1/3
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,550 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    My calorie number fluctuates if I am not losing weight I will increase by 100 or decrease by 100 depends on me and the scale. I have a Fitbit aria scale that calculates body fat %, BMI and weight. I try not to worry to much about the weight especially if I ate a high carb or food that contains a fair amount of sodium. Lately I have been trying to focus on Whole Foods I have been successful so far and find myself full. I have also found a couple of na beers that are very good and low calorie so that hits the spot. Beer is like a treat and these have only .5% alcohol and low calorie.

Today my exercise was minimal again having more elbow jabs not sure what is going on but will watch. Tracked and logged. It was also nice to see photos yesterday it gives you an idea of some of the places we call home and workout in.

• eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    March 28th

Exercise – yes
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes
    2/3 pass days used
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @Caroline_slowandsteady Great idea for an opener Caroline! Love Nemo too! ;)

@jjjcat I hear ya! But a new month and another chance is right around the corner!

@tahm42 Great job on 3 yesses! And I'm glad that you're home and can get back to your routine.

@Winner_in_Life it's terrific that you've found a running club! Nice!

@jamcnewman very well said. :)

@Bill70sStrong I'm glad that you're back for April!

@TerriRichardson112 Another terrific day. You're such an encouragement to the team. Thanks so much!

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @caramel_apple Terrific job on 3 Yesses!

@leanme_28 Another 3 Yes day! WooHoo!

@showshoe072 Great idea - that na beer! ;)

@eokoro you're doing well this month! Only a few more days to go!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅. 3 pass days used.

I use the TDEE method to plan cals. It’s not always static but mostly it is.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    March 28:
    ✅✅✅ exercise was minimal walking at work (baby, it's COLD outside!) Lol.

I've been hovering around 1900 all winter - which I thought was more of a maintenance for me.... but if I'm being totally honest, I've been slowly gaining since Christmas because my exercise has been down.

I've recently put my calorie goal down to 1700, and need to increase my exercise so that I can get back to losing again!!!!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Well done @SummerSkier , as always!
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ✔︎ 20+ mins exercise (1 hr 17 min walk)
    ✔︎ Within calorie budget
    ✔︎ Log everything

Consistency Tracking (☘️=3 ✔︎'s, 🏴‍☠️=pass):
    ☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-🏴‍☠️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-🏴‍☠️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-🏴‍☠️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-🏴‍☠️-☘️-☘️-☘️-29-30-31
    Passes used = 4 / 3

Habits I'm continuing to track this month:
    ✔︎ Morning meditation
    📿-📿-📿-✘-✘-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-29-30-31
    ✔︎ Drink >64oz water
    💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-✘-💧-💧-💧-29-30-31