Holy Crap, How Much WATER???

spunkychelsea
spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
I just read I should be drinking 128 oz a day?!?! Crap. I hope that includes food and the one soda I drink. Just water I aim for 66 oz (3 of my waterbottles) but I fail a lot in drinking that much.

How much are you ladies drinking?

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Whoa! That's a lot!

I *try* to drink (in ounces) half my weight (in pounds). So, for example, I weigh about 206 lbs now, so I am to drink 103 oz of water.

However I don't often reach it. 70-80 ounces is about what I get.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Where did you read that? I have days where I can definitely have that much in a day, but usually I end up at about 80 oz. I find that I get super thirsty from the breastfeeding and nothing helps except water.
  • Jenny_Rose77
    Jenny_Rose77 Posts: 418 Member
    I'm pretty sure I'm drinking that much water, and I definitely am if beverages that are not "pure" water count. I have to pee all the time though! Sorry, TMI!
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    I'm pretty sure I'm drinking that much water, and I definitely am if beverages that are not "pure" water count. I have to pee all the time though! Sorry, TMI!

Oh yes, if I factor in my coffees and juices, I think i am drinking that much most days. And if it's after or during a vigorous work out, I do drink at least 30 oz.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member

Oh yes, if I factor in my coffees and juices, I think i am drinking that much most days. And if it's after or during a vigorous work out, I do drink at least 30 oz.

Oh, I factor in all that, too, though with the exception of my morning cup of coffee and three cups of mother's milk tea, I exclusively drink water.

ETA that I do occasionally have a can of Coke Zero.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    I'm probably drinking 70oz per day - 120 something seems like a lot!

I'd be peeing 24/7!
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    I usually drink 1 Brita jug per day, plus coffee and tea. I pee a lot!
  • daytolive
    daytolive Posts: 106 Member
    Coffee and tea is included in the water total. I generally drink a ton of water...probably 3-4 liters a day (99-130oz).

You'd be surprised I don't pee as much as one would think. lol! I was always told by my midwives to drink drink drink,to build up a supply! At this point i don't think it's really helping...its more out of habit. :)
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    OMG I drank almost 100 oz yesterday - I exercised too hard and was SO THIRSTY I was peeing like every 30 minutes! Couldn't leave my house!

I think 20% of that is supposed to come from food... At least it seems like I'm not too far behind the rest of you guys then.