Hello!

stacyrey12
stacyrey12 Posts: 34 Member
I joined the other day and no one has introduced themselves yet, so I'll start: Stacy, alcoholic, 11 years sober, using fitness as one of my ways to stay sober. I don't want to lose a ton of weight, mostly want to keep adding muscle. 51 years old, currently live in Minneapolis, MN, moving to the NYC area in 6-8 months. Nice to meet you all!

Replies

• PAR1251
    PAR1251 Posts: 138 Member
    Hi Stacy. I'm Trish, 70 years old, sober 3 days this time. My longest stretch of not drinking is 18 days, mostly because I didn't think I had a "real problem", just "self medicating" my anxiety and boredom. I didn't think drinking was affecting my life negatively - until I got really scary sick and realized I was poisoning myself. Alcohol wasn't affecting my relationships but it was killing me - and my pocketbook, my self-respect, and my ability to get healthy. I was trying to lose weight and drinking 600+ calories a days and losing the last two hours of just about every day. Duh. So I've quit. Evenings now seem long and empty but I'm working on coping strategies and hitting this with all the energy I have. As a newby to sobriety I'd appreciate your support and am absolutely here for the group.

Wishing you all a bright and happy day!