Things I learned today

rayvynn5374
rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
So I am not a newbie, I have been running for over a year, completed some 5ks, an 8k a 10k and a half.
First I learned I can eat only half of a Chipotle burrito and save the rest for lunch tomorrow and not die of starvation!
Then I learned trying to tie your shoe after you have ran 2 of your 7 miles is HARD!!!!!!!!!!
Lastly I learned that if I pick my knees/feet up higher when i run that my calves don't hurt as much! I have been struggling lately with my running. Legs hurt sooooo bad, heart rate is through the roof. Tonight after I slid my foot across a dip in the sidewalk my husband said pick your feet up, so I did and amazingly things went much better!

Replies

• mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Aren't husbands always right? :laugh: I am always conscious about my form when something isn't going well or small pains start to develop. Usually can trace things back to my form or to needing to replace my shoes.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    So I am not a newbie, I have been running for over a year, completed some 5ks, an 8k a 10k and a half.
    First I learned I can eat only half of a Chipotle burrito and save the rest for lunch tomorrow and not die of starvation!
    Then I learned trying to tie your shoe after you have ran 2 of your 7 miles is HARD!!!!!!!!!!
    Lastly I learned that if I pick my knees/feet up higher when i run that my calves don't hurt as much! I have been struggling lately with my running. Legs hurt sooooo bad, heart rate is through the roof. Tonight after I slid my foot across a dip in the sidewalk my husband said pick your feet up, so I did and amazingly things went much better!

There are tons of free resources for learning to run.

This video series is short and to the point:

http://www.goodformrunning.com
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    I did the good form running workshop and can't say enough good things about it. Those videos are awesome too.