Week 5 Seville Spain - Team Spirit & Declutter

Options
kaliswalker
kaliswalker Posts: 1,191 Member
This posting is for information only. PLEASE POST YOUR RESULTS ON YOUR CHALLENGE TEAM PAGE. And post questions and comments on your team’s discussion board. Thanks!

🌎️Challenge #5 Saturday, May 7 - Friday, May 13🌎️
✈️DESTINATION - Seville, Spain 6,000 Miles - Team Spirit & Declutter

The challenge begins on Saturday morning. Exercise & Team Spirit & Declutter done before SATURDAY DOES NOT COUNT!!!!

Let’s join a very colorful and cheerful Spanish street party. It’s Seville’s most beloved celebration, The Feria de Abril (April Fair). But it’s held in May this year. It follows a few weeks after Easter and marks happiness.

The fairgrounds are cleared to make room for daily parades called the ‘Paseo de Caballos’. It's when beautiful horses and carriages transport people dressed in the colorful traditional finery. All around you are the aromas of Spain's culinary abundance - locally grown vegetables, fruits, meats and poultry. Day and night the celebrations continue as everyone socializes while eating, drinking and dancing. In the evenings people gather in booths (casetas) for private parties.

The city of Seville is famous for its culture, Moorish monuments, architectural design, fine art, bull fights and the world's largest Gothic cathedral. And most importantly flamenco dancing! You may wish to join in and wear the Spanish finery – colorful flamenco dance costumes for the ladies, and matadors or bandoleros costumes for the gents.
sjh29b8wobt7.png
Race - You must exercise to earn air miles to get your team to the destination.
1 minute of exercise = 1 air mile
DAILY MAXIMUM 120 exercise minutes/air miles.

📝Living the Good Life – Team Spirit & Declutter

Team Spirit Week was inspired by teammates finding their way around MFP. Let's connect with with our teammates to provide support and to make new friends. This week let’s keep it simple, and focus on our challenge teammates. Find your team’s chat thread and participate. Make your chat a conversational/interactive communication, not a stark status update. Let your team know that you read their comments and that you are sharing your day with them too. If you are busy and don’t have time to read/catch up on all the chat since you lasted posted, that’s ok. But take a moment to post and let them know you are busy at the moment, but do let them know how you are doing. If your chat gets quite busy it’s ok to just read and respond to the last 3 posts.

Tips: If you are new to chatting you can share a funny story or joke, encourage a teammate, ask questions, share what you are doing for fun, your Non-Scale Victory (NSV), progress with your dietary or fitness goals, or post a nutritious recipe you made recently, information about MFP like how to update your profile, your plans for the weekend, or something you like about a teammate. You have up to an hour to edit your comment.

When you blog, please put 5% in the title so teammates will see it. After you post it, copy the title and paste it on your team chat. That title will be a hyperlink right to it, and your teammates will be happy to read your blog. Also please post to the 5% Community page. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10861855/🤝-challenge-community-share-your-blog-link🤝#latest

To search for more blogs on MFP https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/recent

Tip - Set Automatically update my news feed https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/news_feed_settings I have chosen just 3 so it doesn’t get too busy – I became friends with someone, I create a blog, I lost weight.
================
Here is a little MFP refresher. Thanks to GRACIEC6 at BLC for the following information about notifications and bookmarks

NOTIFICATIONS
1. The first is on your Home Page and you can change your preferences by clicking on "Settings" in the top right of the page. Then click on Change email address/email preferences and set your preferences for receiving email notifications. **** This is important to get team invitations and friend requests!

2. The second notification settings will be found in Community: Click on Community, then click on the little bell icon in the upper right. You will see "Notification Preferences" - click on that and set your preferences. It is important that you click on "Notify me when I am invited to a group". We have sent out invites and people have not responded because they don't have their notifications set correctly.

BOOKMARKING YOUR FAVORITE TEAM THREADS:
3. On your team's page, look at the discussions and just right of the title, you'll see a little star icon. If you click on the star, you will bookmark that discussion (it should turn yellow). Then to check if anyone has responded since you last posted, click on the star icon at the top of any Community page and you will find a list of all of your bookmarked threads. You can then click on that thread to go to the last post.
================
If you have questions or need help, please let go to your team chat and let the know. They will be happy to help.

This week enjoy socializing with your team!

✔️To Score Points
1) Team Spirit
1a) For each blog you write, and then post a link in your team chat, score 3 points (daily maximum).
1b) Read 3 blogs and comment, score 3 points total (daily maximum). 3 all or nothing.
1c) For each day you participate in Team Chat, score 5 points (daily maximum)

2. Declutter 10 minutes a day score 10 points all or nothing.

🏆 Summary

Record all exercise minutes. It's 6,000 Exercise Minutes/Air miles. DAILY MAXIMUM 120 exercise minutes/miles.

Scoring: 1 minute of exercise = 1 air mile

Living the Good Life - Team Spirit & Declutter

1. My Team Spirit = my blog 3 points, read 3 blogs for 3 points, chat 5 points. Daily maximum for all 11.

2. Declutter 10 minutes a day = 10 points. Daily maximum 10 points or 0. But declutter more - all you want!

We will record this on one thread. (example)

My Exercise: 30
My Team Spirt: 11
My Declutter: 10

****Remember if for any reason your health does not allow you to participate in a challenge, please does not attempt it. Always follow your doctor's orders.