FRIDAY Cuppa Joe! 5.6.22

Options
Authenticity3
Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“Who you are inside is what helps you make and do everything in life.” ~Mister Rogers

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    TGIF, my friends~

Dennis - still sending thoughts/hugs to you and Kris this week!

Was fun to read the stories about everyone's marriage. haaaaa.

Survived Cinco de Mayo while watching Caps game - though we got pummeled!

Rain here today and through the weekend. Will be a good weekend to just chill'ax......

Hope all have a great day!

~Skipper
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Stella, Toad and some guy on a BMW got in a good lunch ride yesterday. Made a stop at Sam's Club to stock up on k-cups. I never knew Sam had a club? We found ice cream on the way home.
    • While I was off playing DW got the rest of the annuals planted.
    • Rain / storm expected here this afternoon.
    • Mary, it is good to have someone to share your life with. Where you tie the knot is not that important. Just include the ones you love. They'll want to see you happy.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Tell me how/where to you all got married, I'm interested to know and need ideas. Tx!

"We're in Vegas. Bob's here. Maybe it's a sign?"

/scene

We were married at the Candlelight Wedding Chapel next door to our hotel. The night before consisted of a cab ride to the Clark County Clerk's office to do paperwork. The next day was a scramble through the Fashion Mall trying to find an appropriate dress for her to get married in. Nobody gave a darn what I looked like, so I'm just wearing trousers and a button down with no jacket or tie.

And the preacher sure as heck did say "Honor and Obey" - I deliberately checked that box on the vows form!
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Some updates on my life:
    * WW has a new CEO and I think I love her. We're invited to say "WeightWatchers" instead of only WW, and she wants to build in-person workshops again. So far, I've genuinely liked everything I've seen or read of her. I really disliked our last one for a bajillion reasons. I feel hopeful.
    * Jim leaves for a few days tomorrow for work. Boo.
    * Dd26 and Baby J will be here, though. She has a wedding on Saturday, so I'll be babysitting.
    * Lily has a follow-up appointment today from getting her teeth cleaned a couple weeks ago. They pulled one tooth that was broken, and I think they want to check that.
    * Tulip Time is starting - woo-hoo!!! And it looks like the tulips will be pretty much perfect, too!

Have a wonderful day, my friends! Oh, and Lee, YES! Come to the gathering! I'll save a special hug for you!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Glad someone woke-up at WW, support groups just do not work as good on the web and hard to build personnel relationships, We have great relationships here but we had to bring our board to myfitnesspal so we could keep up with each other.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

“Tell me how/where to you all got married, I'm interested to know and need ideas. Tx!"

I'm a day late to the party - typical.

We were married in a church in Dagupan City, in the Philippines, following a penpal and telephone courtship that lasted two years. We were NOT 20-somethings. I was 37 and Rita 33. Two days before the wedding Rita discovered that the dress she had ordered from a local shop, would not be ready. Following a lot of anguish and tears, she found a replacement, and a godmother who made adjustments to fit her. She was a beautiful bride. We contracted with a local company to shoot photos of everything, along with a video. For about a hundred bucks, we got three large (five-inch thick) albums and an hour-long, nicely edited video. The video was on Betamax. I got a copy on VHS. Years ago we got that copied on DVD. We watch it every June 12th. It will be 35 years next month.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

DW and I were broke but had a huge Southhampton wedding reception at her mom's huge house in the dunes after a small church ceremony in town. I do not even want to know what her mom spent. It was gorgeous and wonderful, but truthfully, I felt it was a waste of good money. Such is that culture. I guess it was stimulating the economy, but my wife and I would have preferred something much less. DW married an Oklahoma country boy for a reason.
    Good for you, Lisa. Hope WW or Weight Watchers is a better company now. See if you can convince them to bring back the boards!

BBB OP ;-)
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Our wedding reception was in the church hall with homemade cookies and punch. No alcohol inside but there was some in the parking lot. The cake was made by my DFIL, but he was a European baker. The honeymoon was a tour of FL tourist attractions before I made my way back to Germany. Nothing but the best for us.
    * WW has a new CEO and I think I love her. We're invited to say "WeightWatchers" instead of only WW, and she wants to build in-person workshops again. So far, I've genuinely liked everything I've seen or read of her. I really disliked our last one for a bajillion reasons. I feel hopeful.
    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who thought Weight Watchers had gone to *kitten*. Let's hope the new CEO turns it around.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB.

It’s cold and WINDY today. The kitties are both going a little stir crazy. We kept them inside ( per homeowners wishes ) on the nice day we went for that long bike ride and they spent most of yesterday inside by choice. Going to have to make then go outside today. Especially the male is bouncing off the walls.

There was a hot air balloon fest that starts today about an hour away. I’m guessing cancelled due to the high wind advisory.

I like everyone wedding stories. :)
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    I love all your wedding stories!!! Thank you for sharing!

My first time around was all out, my church, then sit down dinner at the elite Pfister hotel downtown, 175 peeps, half of them loaded by end of night...the wedding party was in our presidential suite til 4am, drinking my champagne, oh joy. I had a bunch in the oven. Moved original date up by 6months.
    None of that this time.

T G I F

Sounds like Wisconsin might just crawl into the 70's this weekend. But will it Last? I want to get in the garden.

DF turns 61 today! We will celebrate tomorrow night after dgd Angel's 15th birthday party. He and his ds are going to a concert tonight. I'm not interested in...some heavy metal.... blah. Not my cup of tea. DF actually gifted his son tickets, and he chose to take his Dad. Thats cool.

I'll stay home and make Hawaiian roll turkey cheddar sliders for Angels party.

Be well friends.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Bun in the oven. Not bunch. Lol