How to blog

Options
Dianedoessmiles1
Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,084 Member
edited May 2022 in Social Groups
Part of out LTGL for week 5 is BLOGGING!! We are hearing from many "I don't know how to blog on MFP." We hear you!

During the Winter Challenge when we did blogging for those who could not blog you can always use the News Feed (Home page) but please words similar to "Here's my blog" as you do.

If you'd like to add one picture please download the APP (all devices allow the app, it's FREE, if it asks about paying, its the AD please click the X or backspace your device and it'll disappear, of course you may like to pay for MFP since it has more features, brings them revenue and hence they won't as did the site many of us used to belong to). Once you are on the App see diagram

o464buqibdkx.png

Pick where #1 is and you'll put in the picture by clicking the picture option you wish to use. Afterwards you will see it, now make SURE please you click the arrow in the upper right hand corner ,, diagram 2 Than enter in what you'd like to say and again click that same arrow on the page AND TADA it's done on the app which will show on any device to all you are friends with.

To blog on my MFP without the app. From your home page on the lighter blue line please be sure you are on My Home (it comes on automatically when you sign onto MFP, but if you are on a group/team, please click on the tab MY HOME).

1) From the home page you have the 2 blue bars going across your page, on the darker blue line (If you aren't on the home click on My home, the lighter blue bar) ,, the darker blue line ,, please click on the MY BLOG tab. It'll open up a blog for you.
To put in pictures many of us use GOOGLE DOCUMENTS to do our blogs in. When I put in my pictures (There are 2 in todays in mine) I use my mouse to make the picture much smaller, about a 1/3 of the size of the page going across and the same with going down,,,, this way MFP will accept your blog pretty easily.

PLEASE ASK any questions about blogging here. It's SPIRIT WEEK (Weeks 5 and 6) let's get the 5% Challenge teams blogs known. @Ceriusly1 has reminded us to please put 5% in our BLOG TITLES to help recruit more members. Let's FILL UP OUR TEAMS.

74ga9kr8ool8.png

Replies

• kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Thanks Diane. I blog on my laptop. Tomorrow I will try to add a picture.
  • Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,035 Member
    Options
    I have a member who would like to blog and post but does everything on her phone so said she'd have problems posting a link. I'm not sure she's found where to do her blogs on her phone which is an Android. I checked on my phone and I couldn't figure it out - couldn't even see how to access "my blog" to write something. Any assistance would be appreciated.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Are you suggesting that she blog on her news feed if she is just using her phone?
  • ThursLins
    ThursLins Posts: 1,502 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 Thank you for the blog posting info. I access MFP from my laptop. I like using a keyboard instead of just my phone.
    There are some issues with MFP site and/or me. LOL.
    Just like on SP, pix like to post sideways at times. I used to crop them to be squarish (when on SP) and that helped photo to post upright. I will try to remember to see if that works here as well.
    I'm enjoying this LTGL blog challenge this week, as it's getting me to figure out blogging on MFP. Am enjoying reading other members blogs, too.
  • kaliswalker
    kaliswalker Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Retired_Sue When you go through google to https://www.myfitnesspal.com/ you are not using the site in 'app' mode. It's like you would see it on a computer.
  • ThursLins
    Options
    I'm sorry as this is most likely a repeat question. I just attempted adding a photo into my blog post and can't figure out what to do. Sorry, other instructions weren't computing. What type of coding is required (if I were to figure out how to post the photo code)? I saw no place in the blog writing/editing where it showed to post a picture. Other instructions referring to MFP APP didn't compute and I'm on a laptop/MacBook.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @THurslins, I can only add a photo, most of us, by using Google Document. When I try it on the MFP My Blog I can't. Do you have a Google account? If not, it can come in handy.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Retired_Sue ,, We have quite a few who can't get the blog thing in the usual way, during the Winter Challenge they'd put it on the news feed. I did tell them (a few are daily posters there) to make sure it says "Blog" in it. Its easier to do this on the phone.
  • Retired_Sue
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Is this acceptable for claiming points? I saw a post from Lynn (Kaliswalker) that they could sign into the web site on their phones and access blogs as one does from the computer. I got the impression this what what people should be doing rather than blogging on their news feed, Is it one? the other? both?
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Is this acceptable for claiming points? I saw a post from Lynn (Kaliswalker) that they could sign into the web site on their phones and access blogs as one does from the computer. I got the impression this what what people should be doing rather than blogging on their news feed, Is it one? the other? both?

@Retired_Sue ,,, We have some members who are in their 80's and just can not for the life of them figure out how to blog even with the above, or they have a phone, and hate using their browser ,, who will only use the app, so yes if as long as they put "Blog" into the news feed, ,,, @Kaliswalker had said the last time that was okay. I tried to find that feed, but on the winter team, once an announcement gets moved down to much, it simply POOFS so I could not find it, but we would never want to discourage any member. We all have members on our teams, who want to do all they can for their team, this will make it easier for such.

What @Kaliswalker mentioned above if someone uses only their phone and they'd like to use their browser they can certainly do a blog the same way anyone on another device can. I just tried it and it works excellently.
  • Retired_Sue
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - Thanks for clarifying Diane! 😀
  • ThursLins
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 After I've made my blog into a document, how do I insert it (put it) on (into) the MFP myblog ?

• Ceriusly1
    Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,744 Member
    Options
    @ThursLins you copy it from the document and paste it to your blog.

re: posting blogs to the newsfeed. I have posted elsewhere that we will accept blogs from the newsfeed for this challenge. Starting with the Summer challenge, or whenever blogging is a LTGL again, a blog is a blog and will only be counted as such. We have been at this long enough and the "bugs" have been worked through. There is no reason not to be able to post a blog, or at least get help learning how to do it.