Tuesday Cup of Joe 6-14-2022

Options
raineray
raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy)

Replies

• raineray
    raineray Posts: 2,196 Member
    Options
    Good Morning BBB
    Tom is heading up north for a week of work getting his townhouse ready for the next renter.
    Larry and I will hold down the fort.
    Lee - I bet its good to be home.
    Skip - safe travels
    Mary - relaxing on the boat sounds wonderful
    Lou 🙃
    David - what Lee said about Poise
    Sam - how is DMIL?
    Kelly - love the pics of your project
    Steph - where are you guys now?
    Do good out there everyone
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,563 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Kelly - it's not too late to call the guy...

My niece picked up Covid for the third time while she was in Israel. She didn't know that the US no longer requires the test for re-entry and tested positive. She's hunkered at a hotel in Israel and will be able to leave again on Sunday, but she missed her brother's graduation last night.

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,032 Member
    Options
    Morning from beautiful Morehead City, NC! Beaches are stunning. Scored a nice suite upgrade thanks to AMEX!

Post pic of the house painting! Congrats on that - nothing feels better than doing it yourself and knowing its done right.

Hope we hear from Authenticity and how the wedding went this past weekend!

Sold my Corvette yesterday - and purchased my "Eleanor" - the car I always dreamed of as a kid since the day I saw it. Should wrap up the paperwork and initiate the shipping late this week/next week (coming from San Antonio). Can't wait!

Sorry to hear DN and the 'Rona. What a shame! Ugh.

Have a great bbb day.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,695 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB

The Michigan wedding is this coming weekend, I believe.
    Can't wait to see your "Eleanor".
    It is good to be home.
    Guess what Dave? Lucy just started her first heat.
    Great to see Raine start us off.
    Kelly you're such a loser! Congrats!
    Sorry about DN, Lou...there has been a rash of COVID positives of people who attended the wedding in Scotland. We are fine but will test ourselves tonight.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Steph, your 10-waterfall trail is in Silver Falls State Park. I practically grew up there. With the park only 20 miles from Salem we spent many happy times there. Things have changed a lot since the 60s, though. There used to be log cabins, built by the CCC, with big stone fireplaces. They were kept open for public use, and we would hike the falls on rainy, or snowy days in the winter, then have a big fire in a cabin and roast old-fashioned wieners and marshmallows, and drink hot cocoa from a thermos. Still a great park, but a lot more people now.

We had another diaper failure last night. Haven't yet checked to see if there are spots to clean on the carpet. Maybe this is coming to an end (?!). I'm sure all will go fine with Lucy, since her family are old pros (literally) at this.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,959 Member
    Options
    Whoa! How could I forget to mention, that today is the Army's birthday, as well as Flag Day. Hooah!!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,660 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Been working in yard before heat really hits later today. Day started out 80 going to 100 with heat index of 106.
    Younger brothers wife passed this morning about 2. Hospitalized yesterday afternoon then moved to larger hospital, she refused surgery last night said she needed to pray about it. Hard to get sleep with phone ringing about every 30 minutes. DN having to fly in from Kansas, had trouble getting a flight, hopes to get here about 4 this afternoon.
    Kelly, careful about getting dehydrated.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,593 Member
    Options
    Good morning from Georgia Boys State. Very sorry for your loss Sam. Lee, did Dave say you were literally old? 😎
    Happy Birthday Army. We have flags up all around our dorms.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB.

we are in Portland OR for the week. Today going to the arboretum for a hike then errands. Last cool day then warms up a little.

Did you see the news about the flooding in Yellowstone. So glad we went there a few years ago. It’s going to be a mess for years.

Some lady coughed all over us on the metro on Sunday. I better not get Covid ( or anything) from it. We still wear our masks inside so hopefully that will be enough.